Best Body Hair Transplant Clinics?

Hello all,

I need to have another surgery given I have had two already. I have been told that my donor is depleted by two different doctors for the results I want to achieve. The only option is body hair transplant.
So my question is please to forum members, which are the best body hair transplant clinics in your opinion or those that have shown the most promising results?

• Moderators

Eugenics or Dr Sanusi Umar (no longer listed on this site)

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

@xabi86 the best for BHT are HLC (2.5€/graft) Eugenix (2.2€/graft) and Pekiner (2.25€/graft but he aborts surgeries if you have miniaturized hairs).

On 6/13/2020 at 6:58 AM, xabi86 said:

Hello all,

I need to have another surgery given I have had two already. I have been told that my donor is depleted by two different doctors for the results I want to achieve. The only option is body hair transplant.
So my question is please to forum members, which are the best body hair transplant clinics in your opinion or those that have shown the most promising results?

would you mind sharing pics of your donor? I vaguely remember your donor still looking quite good. Which doctors evaluated your donor to be depleted?

• Valued Contributor

xabi86 when you state body hair are you referring to beard hair? IMHO body hair has a very poor rate of growth. Eugenix don't bother using body hair (other than beard hair) as body hair just proves too unreliable. Dr Umar has done a lot with using body hair but the results to me look unnatural and wiry. I am no expert on using body hair but a couple of clinics who use it have said that it doesn't give the best results. 

13 hours ago, HTHope said:

would you mind sharing pics of your donor? I vaguely remember your donor still looking quite good. Which doctors evaluated your donor to be depleted?

These are the pictures taken today. Donor will understandably be depleted. Had 3521 with Dr Rahal (FUT) and 1787 (FUE) also with Dr Rahal.

i need more work done. The crown looks thin still and frontal area also needs more work. As I have lost native hair it seems and I don’t take Fin.

I saw Dr Bisanga and he has said my donor is depleted.

If I am honest, I am quite upset with my situation. The hair looks thin and I do certainly need work.

2D88EBE9-8758-4396-B36D-39732E6102A5.jpeg

F1F55A88-3C01-4127-80CF-992208D526C8.jpeg

8392D411-01E4-4441-AD7A-5FC78AF55C44.jpeg

299264D8-E19F-425B-BEDA-942BA30CF148.jpeg

A002A901-4E2B-4CD9-A25B-A873769A531D.jpeg

1 hour ago, xabi86 said:

These are the pictures taken today. Donor will understandably be depleted. Had 3521 with Dr Rahal (FUT) and 1787 (FUE) also with Dr Rahal.

i need more work done. The crown looks thin still and frontal area also needs more work. As I have lost native hair it seems and I don’t take Fin.

I saw Dr Bisanga and he has said my donor is depleted.

If I am honest, I am quite upset with my situation. The hair looks thin and I do certainly need work.

2D88EBE9-8758-4396-B36D-39732E6102A5.jpeg

F1F55A88-3C01-4127-80CF-992208D526C8.jpeg

8392D411-01E4-4441-AD7A-5FC78AF55C44.jpeg

299264D8-E19F-425B-BEDA-942BA30CF148.jpeg

A002A901-4E2B-4CD9-A25B-A873769A531D.jpeg

personally, I dont think it looks too bad. How old are you?

From an FUE standpoint your donor is probably not worth touching. If you had only one strip so far, have you looked into the possibility of a second strip procedure? Perhaps a good FUT doc could get another 2k strip out of there.

Edited by jmghair

12 hours ago, HTHope said:

personally, I dont think it looks too bad. How old are you?

I am 33.

4 hours ago, jmghair said:

From an FUE standpoint your donor is probably not worth touching. If you had only one strip so far, have you looked into the possibility of a second strip procedure? Perhaps a good FUT doc could get another 2k strip out of there.

Hi jmghair,

Dr Rahal’s view is that another strip is not suitable for me. I guess I could consult with another doc perhaps hasson & wong.

7 hours ago, xabi86 said:

Hi jmghair,

Dr Rahal’s view is that another strip is not suitable for me. I guess I could consult with another doc perhaps hasson & wong.

Did he say why? You should consult with Doctor Feller. I know there are some people that have had 7 strip surgeries.

• Administrators
On 6/16/2020 at 4:03 AM, xabi86 said:

Anyone had experience with Dr Bisanga for BHT?

He’s got some real good results, definitely worth considering. Also, Eugenix have pretty changed the game with beard hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

Your hair doesn't look too bad to me, but there's no picture of the hairline.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor

Actually your hair looks pretty good compared to how you view it. I know that these words won't make you feel any different but I honestly feel that your hair thickness and overall look appears really good. As Melvin has stated you could look at Eugenix and use beard hair as well as possibly some scalp hair. Keep doing your research and you will resolve this! Take care!

11 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Your hair doesn't look too bad to me, but there's no picture of the hairline.

ED42625C-5BB7-4B9A-9DB1-777AC12789E5.jpeg

4B1AE4B3-8D2C-4028-A87F-06C4F4D1E835.jpeg

BB96D60F-CB06-4600-975C-DC64D23BC911.jpeg

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Actually your hair looks pretty good compared to how you view it. I know that these words won't make you feel any different but I honestly feel that your hair thickness and overall look appears really good. As Melvin has stated you could look at Eugenix and use beard hair as well as possibly some scalp hair. Keep doing your research and you will resolve this! Take care!

Hi Gatsby,

I have uploaded some recent pics. I think I do need some work.

dr Bisanga has said no to me. He feels that the donor is depleted and also there is miniaturisation in the donor as well as the recipient. He believes I was never a good candidate for surgery (even the first one) due to the transplanted hair also miniaturising now. He does think I have good donor in beard and chest, excellent in fact but his worry is that I don’t use DHT blockers. I wouldn’t want to at all given the sides I suffered. 

I am just in a very low state at the moment. I was hoping I’d get Dr Bisanga to do BHT but that option is also gone now because I am not on DHT blockers.

i just don’t know who could help now and what options I have.

many thanks

16 hours ago, jmghair said:

Did he say why? You should consult with Doctor Feller. I know there are some people that have had 7 strip surgeries.

Yes Dr Rahal believes that I have another FUT i’d be stretching the current scar.

9 hours ago, xabi86 said:

Yes Dr Rahal believes that I have another FUT i’d be stretching the current scar.

You mean stretching the new scar? After a new FUT procedure the current scar would be cut out.

The previous strip scar can only be removed "if" there is enough scalp laxity to accommodate removing both the former scar and harvesting enough new hair. 

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Moderators

Thank you for posting those additional pictures. Now I see what you mean. I'm in a similar situation as you, although I'm in a much worse condition. It's really hard to figure out what to do in these situations. I don't think too many people understand it. You can't really do another transplant using scalp donor because you are thinning in those areas and it will make the thin donor even thinner and more noticeable. Even if you do try it it may not be worth it because the hair is taken from an area that is thinning, so it may only grow for another year or two anyway if it even grows at all. You can use beard and chest hair, but then you have to worry if it will look acceptable in the hairline or if it will blend well in the other areas. Then there's the issue that even if the body hair does grow, you're just fighting a losing battle because in the year it takes for the body hair to grow you will be losing more hair from the previous transplants because that hair is thinning and falling out as time goes by. So you will have to do another body hair transplant to replace that hair and again get no real improvement over the next year, etc, etc. Shaving your head is not really an option because you have scars from the FUT and FUE which will make you look worse than you do now and make you more uncomfortable letting everyone see the scars no matter where you go. then there's the issue of taking finisteride. Even if you want to take it you may be on a losing battle with that too once you've had body hair transplantd to your head because (at least with me) it makes your body hair fall out. I disagree with Dr Bhatti who thinks you need to be on it for him to do body hair transplants.

I been fighting this for over 30 years now. I just can't seem to get anywhere no matte how many hair transplants I have. It's so depressing.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

A few comments.  Your hair looks pretty good, you should do everything you can to keep what you have.  You should take a lower dose of finasteride to try and keep it.  There is another medication coming within the next couple of years called Breezula, that's a topical, that might be the first addition in a long time to the weapons we have to fight hair loss.  Consider topical finasteride.  There are American doctors that sell it.  Maybe use one of the laser caps too.  Your case is a perfect example of why someone as young as you should not have wasted precious grafts in the crown.  If you end up trying body hair grafts, start with a small session and see how it turns out.  Do not start by having thousands of grafts.  Remember, with additional transplants comes the risk of shock loss.    

On 6/26/2020 at 10:13 PM, jmghair said:

You mean stretching the new scar? After a new FUT procedure the current scar would be cut out.

No I think he meant stretching the old scar. I’m pretty sure he meant that. 

On 6/27/2020 at 4:47 AM, Curious said:

A few comments.  Your hair looks pretty good, you should do everything you can to keep what you have.  You should take a lower dose of finasteride to try and keep it.  There is another medication coming within the next couple of years called Breezula, that's a topical, that might be the first addition in a long time to the weapons we have to fight hair loss.  Consider topical finasteride.  There are American doctors that sell it.  Maybe use one of the laser caps too.  Your case is a perfect example of why someone as young as you should not have wasted precious grafts in the crown.  If you end up trying body hair grafts, start with a small session and see how it turns out.  Do not start by having thousands of grafts.  Remember, with additional transplants comes the risk of shock loss.    

I am hoping to get topical fin soon. Yes very good point re Crown, but I think it did need some work. Now I would just like the frontal area to addressed. Question, can transplanted hair also be lost due to shock loss and never come back?