Any Results Or Experiences With Small Crown Work . For Example Between 3-500 grafts .

• Administrators

@1978matt he has a recent thread of around 700 grafts.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

What meds are you on?  In the medical world it's been known that 2 + 2 = 6.  There is synergism when used simultaneously.  I would encourage you to add Rogaine, Laser and perhaps even PRP.  Give that a year.  3-500 grafts is NOT going to do anything for you. Consider 3-500 grafts is an eyebrow's worth of grafts.  And, unlike the front and mid-scalp. the hair grown in a different fashion.

We all share a whirl in the crown. This is the reason why it is the weakest point.  The hair grows away from the point.  Many procedures are required to achieve density.  To fill it? 2 procedures of 800-1000 grafts at this point.  A total waste of grafts in my view.

It is important to understand, if you've shown the propensity to lose, you'll continue losing.  If meds have been effective, stay on track.  If you ever lose hair in the front and top, you'll have plenty of donor to address the issue.  And, at that point, you'll care less about the crown.  Keep in mind it is the front you see when looking in the mirror and the area others see when they interact with you.

• Administrators

After seeing your crown, you are better off trying medication. Have you tried minoxidil and finasteride? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

20 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

After seeing your crown, you are better off trying medication. Have you tried minoxidil and finasteride? 

Why do you think surgery is a bad idea? And yes I have been on both for over a year ??

Edited by Chances101

13 hours ago, LaserCap said:

It is important to understand If you ever lose hair in the front and top, you'll have plenty of donor to address the issue.  And, at that point, you'll care less about the crown.  Keep in mind it is the front you see when looking in the mirror and the area others see when they interact with you.

Oh yeah. I need 3k+ grafts to fix my face. I’m not losing sleep over my crown right now.

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

• Administrators
On 6/18/2020 at 9:35 PM, Chances101 said:

Why do you think surgery is a bad idea? And yes I have been on both for over a year ??

Risk of shock loss, it looks like it can be salvageable without surgery. Definitely a little hair fiber would fix it completely. 

View my thread

nonsurgical route would be best, derma-roller, PRP injections, even fibers if it bothers you that much, but it does not look bad at all, and certainly not to the point to risk surgery, especially if you're going to continue to loose hair in the future, wait until the risk/reward factors are in your favor - just my opinion