Chances101

Any Results Or Experiences With Small Crown Work . For Example Between 3-500 grafts .

@Dr. Glenn Charles looking to stay conservative. As I know I will need more surgery in future. Have been on meds for a year. Shedding pretty much halted . But no regrowth . So looking to address this area with 3-500 grafts 

On 6/15/2020 at 11:04 PM, Chances101 said:

@Dr. Glenn Charles looking to stay conservative. As I know I will need more surgery in future. Have been on meds for a year. Shedding pretty much halted . But no regrowth . So looking to address this area with 3-500 grafts 

??

What meds are you on?  In the medical world it's been known that 2 + 2 = 6.  There is synergism when used simultaneously.  I would encourage you to add Rogaine, Laser and perhaps even PRP.  Give that a year.  3-500 grafts is NOT going to do anything for you. Consider 3-500 grafts is an eyebrow's worth of grafts.  And, unlike the front and mid-scalp. the hair grown in a different fashion.

We all share a whirl in the crown. This is the reason why it is the weakest point.  The hair grows away from the point.  Many procedures are required to achieve density.  To fill it? 2 procedures of 800-1000 grafts at this point.  A total waste of grafts in my view.

It is important to understand, if you've shown the propensity to lose, you'll continue losing.  If meds have been effective, stay on track.  If you ever lose hair in the front and top, you'll have plenty of donor to address the issue.  And, at that point, you'll care less about the crown.  Keep in mind it is the front you see when looking in the mirror and the area others see when they interact with you.

I used Demirsoy and probably had 3-400 grafts as per photo below

F954FE2C-7165-49F2-A1C5-3A1CA8EBFB88.jpeg

3 hours ago, Sijac09 said:

I used Demirsoy and probably had 3-400 grafts as per photo below

F954FE2C-7165-49F2-A1C5-3A1CA8EBFB88.jpeg

You had 300 -400 grafts put in ? Was their any shock loss , or slow growth ? 

also what’s demirsoy ? 

After seeing your crown, you are better off trying medication. Have you tried minoxidil and finasteride? 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

After seeing your crown, you are better off trying medication. Have you tried minoxidil and finasteride? 

Why do you think surgery is a bad idea? And yes I have been on both for over a year ??

Edited by Chances101

13 hours ago, LaserCap said:

It is important to understand If you ever lose hair in the front and top, you'll have plenty of donor to address the issue.  And, at that point, you'll care less about the crown.  Keep in mind it is the front you see when looking in the mirror and the area others see when they interact with you.

Oh yeah. I need 3k+ grafts to fix my face. I’m not losing sleep over my crown right now.

6 hours ago, Chances101 said:

You had 300 -400 grafts put in ? Was their any shock loss , or slow growth ? 

also what’s demirsoy ? 

Dr Demirsoy is a surgeon based in Turkey 

4 hours ago, Sijac09 said:

Dr Demirsoy is a surgeon based in Turkey 

Did you have any shock loss? To your native hair?

17 hours ago, Chances101 said:

Why do you think surgery is a bad idea? And yes I have been on both for over a year ??

curious for your response 

On 6/18/2020 at 9:35 PM, Chances101 said:

Risk of shock loss, it looks like it can be salvageable without surgery. Definitely a little hair fiber would fix it completely. 

nonsurgical route would be best, derma-roller, PRP injections, even fibers if it bothers you that much, but it does not look bad at all, and certainly not to the point to risk surgery, especially if you're going to continue to loose hair in the future, wait until the risk/reward factors are in your favor - just my opinion

On 6/19/2020 at 12:19 PM, Chances101 said:

Did you have any shock loss? To your native hair?

Yes I did get some shock loss mate on the crown but got soon got better