Best options Belgium or Thailand

Hair-loss started around 5 years. Tried Propecia for three months back in 2017, but had an ache in my balls, so I stopped. Tried Rogaine for a year, but didn't really work. 

Since 7 months ago I'm on Propecia and back on Rogaine, but I don't see much improvement, it actually got worse. Yes, I know about the shed, but all the hair I shedded in the past from Rogaine, but shedded hair never grew back. I had high expectations of Propecia, although not everyone has regrowth. The last 12 months I have lost a lot of ground, both crown and hairline. When my hair is wet, you can see the balding area from a mile away. 

My confidence is taking a hit, so I'm planning to proceed with a hair transplant. I'm based in Hong Kong, unfortunately no good options here. I'm originally from Belgium, so BHR clinic is the obvious choice, due to Covid-19 I have no idea when I can fly to Belgium. 

I was thinking of Dr. Damkreng in Bangkok. How experienced is he in comparison with Dr. B? Apparently I need around 3,600 grafts. 

IMG-6484.thumb.jpg.1dd8c9d45c66b4d05d60c77997c1d623.jpgIMG-6334.thumb.jpg.d2e29a8c00846ec12bbde01f9f02dff9.jpgIMG-6479.thumb.jpg.e7eaf2bbb5339141b88f62b9c26f2977.jpgIMG-6474.thumb.jpg.643e799b6d3b577325cae752931cf274.jpg

• Administrators

They’re both excellent doctors, so it comes down to your consultation. Have you consulted with either? What technique are you choosing FUE or FUT? If so did you look up real patient reviews? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm not that young anymore, 35. 

I contacted Dr. Damkreng two years ago, and he advised me to start with finasteride and oral minoxidil, there was no need for a HT. I started with topical finasteride, and this accelerated my hairless, especially my hairline.  Stopped after 3 months, and switched to oral Propecia. I don't really lose more hair, but the shedded hair from topical F, never grew back... 

Since a few months ago I can'r style my hair as I wanted, and I noticed that I lost a lof of hair on my mid scalp. Still hoping I will achieve some regrowth with Propecia... 

Dr. B advised for 3600 grafts based on the pictures I've sent him. 

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich at Bumrungrad Hospital. They wanted $50 for the online consultation. When I told them no, they asked that I just send some pictures, which I did. I was then quoted 250 baht per graft for 2500. That's just about the same price as Dr. Diep here in the Silicon Valley, which is only 20 min drive for me. Dr. Damkerng price is outrageous, and ridiculous.

Price is really not a factor as much as quality for me. But I'm not keen on getting scammed either.

Edited by cbc3113