I think this is a failed HT. coming up to 6 months and very patchy or no growth... any Thoughts? Is it a failure?

Ray80

Sadly it doesn’t appear to be success. What has the clinic said? Also why do you not want to mention their name?

your pre-op pic makes your hair look better than I think it is. The lighting isn’t good for a comparison also it looks like you combed your hair from sides into middle to make it look better - but I could be wrong, another clearer picture would help.

Im also not a fan of the graft placement throughout the scalp. It appears so spaced out.

• Valued Contributor

Who was the surgeon/clinic that you went to? What have they said about this? Was this an FUE or FUT procedure? What medication are you taking? To me there are so many unanswered questions that you need to share and explore in order to get the feed back that you require to go forward to achieve your goals. Firstly your hair/scalp looks 'natural' and does not look scarred, etc. This is a huge plus! Also you need to take action re: the first questions I have put to you. I realise how upset you are feeling now (trust me I have been there myself for years) but there will be a way out. Several members here who have great looking heads of hair have had a first poor result from a transplant (sometimes even two poor results). Again I would just like to stress that as bad as you are feeling this will pass. You need to ask us more questions so we are able to help. Take care!

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 8/29/2020 at 3:22 PM, Ray80 said:

8 months and again the hair has got worse...I curse my self for having this HT...😢

Rather than getting better...getting worse by the day!!! I give up! 

Screenshot_20200829-231803_WhatsApp.jpg

I hate to say this, but it’s not the HT, you’re losing your native hair. If you look at your previous posts, it was just the front that looked thinner, now it’s the entire scalp. That’s because your hair loss is progressing. You need to get on finasteride asap if you wanna save your hair.

1DC7279C-322A-4E24-A5DC-35B0F6383AC2.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Sorry to see this outcome at present.

With diffused thinning and especially if you are going to place as in your case, sporadically, low density and in and amongst native hair then you really do need to be on medication.

The surgery itself causes trauma and possible shock, so it really is paramount to be aware of firstly, that hair loss is progressive in itself, and secondly the surgery can induce some shock, be it through injections or damage to native hair as two factors..  The placement was very spread, so as a standalone result in itself it simply won't be there without the native hair as the primary aspect. 

i have to agree here with the comments to look into medication but from the placement for me at least, it was clear of the result in terms of hair transplantation what to expect. The unknown was how much you would lose subsequently and why it is really important to be educated on diffused loss and at times it is best to do nothing or get on medication prior to stabilise loss.  

Hopefully medication will help you and also your donor will also be able to give for another surgery. In any event I wish you all the best and hope your clinic  will be able to support you and guide you. 

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I agree with Melvin, it looks like you've gotten the transplant during a period when your natural hair loss is also aggressively progressing. Reading your posts about how stressed you are,  completely understandable of course, but this could also be a contributing factor to your hair loss. Its important to have a healthy diet, get regular sleep, minimize and manage all the stress you have as best as possible too.

I know this likely not the result you expected.  Stress can also cause big hair loss, luckily those are usually temporary.   How is your stress level.  How are you managing it ? Before the transplant how fast were you losing it?  Was it somewhat stabilize for at least a year ? 

I know this likely not the result you expected.  Stress can also cause big hair loss, luckily those are usually temporary.   How is your stress level.  How are you managing it ? Before the transplant how fast were you losing it?  Was it somewhat stabilize for at least a year ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Man i feel your pain.  Im in a long term painful situation myself as well with issues created by doctors.  i am trying to get out of this mess and live in peace.  It has consumed so much of  my time, energy, family’s time, my health and overall well being.  

At the end of the day, your HT didnt yield well and if you lost hair, then why did you lose native hair within a year like this and so fast.  Did the Shock nd trauma from HT led to follicle death in surrounding areas?  There is a lot of ifs and buts, but the bottom line is, if you were prone to lose hair then any known miniaturization would have been evident when the doctor examined you at consultation presurgery right?  I mean that’s how doctors choose candidates right.  If he or she knew your goals then why proceed?  Or why fail to inform for that matter that you may lose more?  Bottom line is you should be happy and have what you went in for.  What has the doctor mentioned? 

1 hour ago, Sean said:

There is a lot of ifs and buts, but the bottom line is, if you were prone to lose hair then any known miniaturization would have been evident when the doctor examined you at consultation presurgery right?  I mean that’s how doctors choose candidates right.  If he or she knew your goals then why proceed?  Or why fail to inform for that matter that you may lose more?

You're right @Sean but very few ethical doctors do this, most just want your money, they don't care about your expectations, especially the low cost clinics that Turkey is full of.

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2020 at 4:01 AM, Gatsby said:

I realise how upset you are feeling now (trust me I have been there myself for years) but there will be a way out. Several members here who have great looking heads of hair have had a first poor result from a transplant (sometimes even two poor results). Again I would just like to stress that as bad as you are feeling this will pass.

@Gatsby, reading this gave me some hope. I'm in a stressful situation myself with my HT (reviewed on this site) but will wait till my 12 months are over (at 10 months now) before I post more details. It is incredibly disheartening and frankly even depressing. But like you said "this will pass". 

Way too spread implantations, a professional never do this "spread" all over the scalp, a procedure should be focused on an area, usually 40% +- cover with great density, very rare 50%, depends on the properties.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

5 minutes ago, Ray80 said:

@Doron Haratithank you. I will contact them.

I am the consultant center of HDC clinic in Cyprus with Dr. Maras, I had a terrible procedure in Turkey (I have a blog here) and a year later Dr. Maras repaired me which I am very happy!

You're welcome to PM for free consultant.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Wait, so this is your 8 month vs. 12 month result?  Looks like you had some late growth.  Could have been worse.

Screenshot_20200829-231803_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.b2f9a41d8c33b0f4dc51cdb31745e076.jpg.6d12951a8b4353faf87fd879a142b922.jpg16108028185934419230842677310772.thumb.jpg.7bcf234dbaf2a7bc694bef8359c53ebf.jpg.89539449afcddb12b16c357653982f2a.jpg

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

1 hour ago, Ray80 said:

@Egyit was done in turkey. I am in communication with him so I'm reluctant as yet to name him

@Ray80It will be one of the many pseudo-clinics in Turkey, then, if he asked you for more money to repair, I would not think about returning there, also,it would be necessary to know what he told you before the procedure, that is, if you would need  of another procedure or not, but in any case, it is as he says @Doron Harati, a transplant is planned by grafting first one area and then, if another procedure is needed, one works on another area of the  scalp, not as it was done to you.

Edited by Egy

On 1/16/2021 at 6:33 AM, Ray80 said:

@Egyit was done in turkey. I am in communication with him so I'm reluctant as yet to name him.

Nice. So as long as you get yours from this awful clinic, who cares about any other guys who might go to them in the future.

They already told you to pay up for a second procedure. What do you have to lose by naming them at this point?

• Like 1

• Administrators

It looks like you’re back to baseline, remind me were you on finasteride?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.