Ray80

I think this is a failed HT. coming up to 6 months and very patchy or no growth... any Thoughts? Is it a failure?

I think this is a failed HT. I’m coming up to 6 months post HT and very patchy or no growth... any Thoughts? Is it a failure? I’m so stressed! 

DA9BEF8B-6C9E-480D-BF76-9768396C8B98.jpeg

7EE3CF51-7A90-45CD-91C6-53A8A820C024.jpeg

How many grafts?

Do you have pre op pictures and after graft placement?

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

Please can you provide some more information. We need to see more pictures and have more details to give you a reply. 
6 months as you know is only the half way point, full results won’t be seen until approx 12 months.

Which Dr/Clinic did you choose? 

55 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Please can you provide some more information. We need to see more pictures and have more details to give you a reply. 
6 months as you know is only the half way point, full results won’t be seen until approx 12 months.

Which Dr/Clinic did you choose? 

+1

We need some pre-op pictures, how many grafts were transplanted, are you on finasteride, there’s a lot of questions. At 6 months you should be feeling better about your results, but it’s still early. I suggest giving us a bit more information.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

I’ve had around 3200 grafts. I have never used finasteride. I attach my pre op pic and post op graft placement.D4505070-EE74-46E4-BF8F-E6A6A5755B9F.thumb.png.2635eb28dfc2e0da449920a2c7905731.pngPre op44259D9C-3350-40B7-A9E0-A7361AAD567A.thumb.png.9ad7cfbcfb60c1d0911e2396ffd878c3.png

80D686A2-78C2-4257-BB5B-409AA8A96983.png

At six months it really is too soon to make a final assessment which I would reserve at the 12 month mark. Who was the surgeon that did your hair transplant? Is the first photo in this thread the pre op photo? It appears from the post op pics that you are covering a large area with 3,200 grafts. The hardest part about this game (and the most important part) is patience. Especially at a time when patience feels non existent. Hang in there and anymore additional photos or information would be beneficial. Wishing you all the best!

Posted (edited)

Yes the top pic was pre OP (I've labelled which one was the pre op - same thread as the post op pics).

What does 'I'm covering a large area with 3200 grafts mean'? 

I'll post more pics up as the months go along...I'm trying to remain patient as much as I can... 

Edited by Ray80

You had a lot of hair prior to the hair transplant. It looks like you mostly just needed to thicken it up a bit and maybe improve the hairline. Since you already had a lot of hair in the area that was transplanted you probably had a lot of shock loss. When you get a lot of shock loss to existing hair then it will look like you've gone backwards before it gets better. I would wait 2 to 3 more months to see if and how well it all grows back in. Please update us in a month. I hope it grows in for you.