Dr. Lorenzo's 10107 FU's work

Rolandas

Hi guys,

Just saw Injerto Capilar posted this video and this result blew me away!

Who would have thought it's possible to have such improvement of donor from propecia! Also worth mentioning extraction patterns - controlled donor depletion? To be honest I would love to deplete my donor in such manner to get such result on top!

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

I had similar loss pattern to this dude’s...but over 10k grafts wow! I would not have guessed that he would get that much considering his pre op donor area.

Im a big fan of Dr Lorenzo’s crown work.

BTW...saw your last video and your growth is coming in great....have you started using a derma roller again?

• Valued Contributor

First of all I just want to say that I would genuinely be over the moon if I was able to achieve these results. I've watched many of this clinic's results over the past few years and they all look incredible. Who is/are the surgeon/s who perform hair transplants at this clinic?

My only concern (well it's not really a concern I'm just curios) is why it took four surgeries? I imagine it was to gain greater density in the last two procedures. Also after the third surgery I thought the donor area looked over harvested (my biggest fear when I have my head done)? I'm just wondering what better informed people than myself feel? It's a fantastic result like I said though. Thanks for sharing Rolandos and I'd like to know more about this clinic.

6 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

First of all I just want to say that I would genuinely be over the moon if I was able to achieve these results. I've watched many of this clinic's results over the past few years and they all look incredible. Who is/are the surgeon/s who perform hair transplants at this clinic?

My only concern (well it's not really a concern I'm just curios) is why it took four surgeries? I imagine it was to gain greater density in the last two procedures. Also after the third surgery I thought the donor area looked over harvested (my biggest fear when I have my head done)? I'm just wondering what better informed people than myself feel? It's a fantastic result like I said though. Thanks for sharing Rolandos and I'd like to know more about this clinic.

The doctors that work with Dr Lorenzo are shown at the beginning of the video.

40 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I had similar loss pattern to this dude’s...but over 10k grafts wow! I would not have guessed that he would get that much considering his pre op donor area.

Im a big fan of Dr Lorenzo’s crown work.

BTW...saw your last video and your growth is coming in great....have you started using a derma roller again?

Dr. Lorenzo work is always stellar.

Thanks! Hair is really growing quite a bit now. I didnt start dermatologist rolling again as I'm not on minoxidil. At this point I feel dermarolling and minoxidil didnt do much for me as since I stopped my crown looks almost identical (just on fin).

15 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Its Injertocapilar clinic in Madrid, Spain, run by dr. Jose Lorenzo. He is world class surgeon and produces amazing results.

I think 4 surgeries because patient was high NW level and limited donor area, so in order to preserve donor area they cant do megasession in one go. Extract 2000-3000 graft and after 5-6 months donor would heal and its ready to go for another one. This is the best donor preservation/management I've seen so far. Donor area can really be pushed to its limits in this way (considering dr. Knows how to extract properly).

Patients donor area is indeed over harvested, but I believe dr. Jose Lorenzo himself calls it "controlled overharvesting" where they know this will happen (as they need a lot of grafts), but they spread over harvesting across all donor so it looks like theres less density overall and doesnt look patchy.

One of the doctors working with Dr. Lorenzo is Dr. Ferreira with who I had my surgery in late January '20. You can check my thread and updates so far in my description.

Edited by Rolandas
  • Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

19 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

Dr. Lorenzo work is always stellar.

Thanks! Hair is really growing quite a bit now. I didnt start dermatologist rolling again as I'm not on minoxidil. At this point I feel dermarolling and minoxidil didnt do much for me as since I stopped my crown looks almost identical (just on fin).

Its Injertocapilar clinic in Madrid, Spain, run by dr. Jose Lorenzo. He is world class surgeon and produces amazing results.

I think 4 surgeries because patient was high NW level and limited donor area, so in order to preserve donor area they cant do megasession in one go. Extract 2000-3000 graft and after 5-6 months donor would heal and its ready to go for another one. This is the best donor preservation/management I've seen so far. Donor area can really be pushed to its limits in this way (considering dr. Knows how to extract properly).

Patients donor area is indeed over harvested, but I believe dr. Jose Lorenzo himself calls it "controlled overharvesting" where they know this will happen (as they need a lot of grafts), but they spread over harvesting across all donor so it looks like theres less density overall and doesnt look patchy.

One of the doctors working with Dr. Lorenzo is Dr. Ferreira with who I had my surgery in late January '20. You can check my thread and updates so far in my description.

👍🏻

FYI just updated my microneedling thread 😉

• Administrators

Dr. Lorenzo used to be considered the best, until Dr. Cuoto, he’s fantastic, but I’ve heard, not sure if it’s true, that he’s not as involved in surgery anymore. Again, this could be just hearsay, so I don’t know for sure. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I heard he is just doing implantations and has extraction dedicated person. In any way, results seem very consistent though.
While Dr. Couto's work looks brilliant on youtube, you will notice it's mainly same hispanic patients. I guess he is extremely picky. I've never seen any patient with difficult case/thin hair like mine etc. while Dr. Lorenzo is taking all kinds of patients.
Dr. Ferreira mentioned during my surgery that Dr. Lorenzo loves to do high NW procedures and I can understand why. It's a pure art. Calculate everything properly, make a decent plan and execute. I would be excited by such cases too :D 

Follow me on YouTube

On 6/12/2020 at 2:24 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Lorenzo used to be considered the best, until Dr. Cuoto, he’s fantastic, but I’ve heard, not sure if it’s true, that he’s not as involved in surgery anymore. Again, this could be just hearsay, so I don’t know for sure. 

I saw Dr. Lorenzo for a second procedure at the start of June (just before Spain went into quarantine). I can confirm he is involved in the surgery. Full report coming early 2021. 

Edited by Smash
typo

9 hours ago, Smash said:

I saw Dr. Lorenzo for a second procedure at the start of June (just before Spain went into quarantine). I can confirm he is involved in the surgery. Full report coming early 2021. 

I think Spain went into quarantine much earlier than June? You mean March?

I would love to read your report. I understand correctly you had your surgery already?

Follow me on YouTube

13 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

I think Spain went into quarantine much earlier than June? You mean March?

I would love to read your report. I understand correctly you had your surgery already?

Whoops! Good spot! You are correct, I went in March (blame it on a late night :)

I saw Dr Lorenzo in 2017 and then went back for a little more work earlier this year.

I’ve been following your progress it’s looking great! Really enjoying your updates!

9 minutes ago, Smash said:

Whoops! Good spot! You are correct, I went in March (blame it on a late night :)

I saw Dr Lorenzo in 2017 and then went back for a little more work earlier this year.

I’ve been following your progress it’s looking great! Really enjoying your updates!

Wow that was a great transformation!
Can I ask you something? Just out of curiosity - do you have to go back to Dr. Lorenzo after a year for them to film your result? Is this a part of some sort "guarantee" provided from them?
P.S. thanks for kind words!

Edited by Rolandas

Follow me on YouTube

Thanks! It was still changing 2 years after the result.

In answer to your question the doc likes to check 2 months, 5 months and 10 months after the transplant.

-As far as I’m aware this wasn’t due to a guarantee he just takes pride in his work and wants to monitor progress.

This can be done over email, or you can choose to go in person. I chose to do the latter as I figured ‘why not do everything as perfect as possible?’.

This also gave me a chance to ask questions and get added peace of mind for the cost of a quick return flight to Madrid. 

This time round I’ll likely send photos at the five month mark (travel plans got scuppered this year) and hopefully pop back to the clinic at 10 months (once travel gets back to normal).

Edited by Smash

11 minutes ago, Smash said:

Thanks! It was still changing 2 years after the result.

In answer to your question the doc likes to check 2 months, 5 months and 10 months after the transplant.

-As far as I’m aware this wasn’t due to a guarantee he just takes pride in his work and wants to monitor progress.

This can be done over email, or you can choose to go in person. I chose to do the latter as I figured ‘why not do everything as perfect as possible?’.

This also gave me a chance to ask questions and get added peace of mind for the cost of a quick return flight to Madrid. 

This time round I’ll likely send photos at the five month mark (travel plans got scuppered this year) and hopefully pop back to the clinic at 10 months (once travel gets back to normal).

Thanks man. That's interesting. One of the clinics I made video about were claiming that Dr. Lorenzo requires patients to come back after a year for pictures as it's a part of some sort of guarantee? Very weird accusation..
By changing you mean your result got better or worse?

Follow me on YouTube

It got better! The hairs thickened further and blended perfectly.

I just headed back because it seemed like a good idea. I can understand him wanting to have a document of the progress (he's serious about his work) but I don't think there's a requirement for photos anywhere in the discussions or paperwork. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smash said:

It got better! The hairs thickened further and blended perfectly.

I just headed back because it seemed like a good idea. I can understand him wanting to have a document of the progress (he's serious about his work) but I don't think there's a requirement for photos anywhere in the discussions or paperwork. 

Thanks man! Very interesting insight from someone who actually went there.

Follow me on YouTube

• 7 months later...

Great video @Rolandas

I think he looked the best prior to HT #4 around 2 minutes in the video in which his hair is grown out a bit and donor seems not to show any signs of over harvesting. 

His hair color is also a bit lighter showing less contrast with the scalp.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 11:31 PM, Rolandas said:

Hi guys,

Just saw Injerto Capilar posted this video and this result blew me away!

Who would have thought it's possible to have such improvement of donor from propecia! Also worth mentioning extraction patterns - controlled donor depletion? To be honest I would love to deplete my donor in such manner to get such result on top!

Best HT surgeon in the world.

Only "problem" the vast majority of his patients are on Propecia.

• Administrators
On 2/26/2021 at 3:06 PM, bensk said:

Best HT surgeon in the world.

Only "problem" the vast majority of his patients are on Propecia.

I wouldn’t say thats a bad thing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

Id say the amount of loss was extreme initially.  10k grafts well spent and designed natural with proper hair angle directional approaches. I Do not see density losses.  Do not see hair going in all directions.  This dr can deliver some serious real estate with scalp hairs.  No need for toppik either.  No scalp scar tissue hyperpigmentation noted.  Well done!  This patient must be happy!