How short cut you cut the donor area hair after a FUE?

rcfue

Hi

How short can you cut the hair int he donor area 3 months after a FUE surgery without the micro-scars to be visible? Is 5 mm safe?

I had a 1900 grafts FUE spread evenly over the full donor area.

Looking forward to hear your experiences

I've posted this picture many times but it often becomes relevant in some questions.  This photo was taken minutes before my second surgery.  About 1,750 grafts were removed from the area two years prior.  You really can't see discernible scarring from just a few feet away.  You should be just fine with a short hair cut.  To see more photos and videos, link to my website below.

Left%252BDonor%252BPre.JPG

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

A lot of factors come into play including what punch size was used, your scalp/skin contrast, etc. I dont think there is a blanket statement can be made based off a number of grafts. If I had to guess you could get away with a #3 guard and if you have favorable characteristics then even lower