Rahal_Hassan_Cuoto_Nadimi_Diep_Bisanga-Thoughts, Experiences and Reviews- Seeking Feedback

19 hours ago, SpareHair said:

Thanks @1978matt this is closer to what i'm looking for. 

I would try to persuade Dr N around to this thinking.  If it's not going to take more than a few hundred grafts you may get some joy, who knows.

If you want second, third, fourth opnions, I'd look at Gabel, Shapiros (& /Josephitis), Cooley.  They are of a handful who do the extractions themselves.  I've never seen a mangled donor from them.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Unfortunately, from this pics we have a hard time to decide if your hairline is suiting you or not. What we can see is the result from technical point of view is great. From my very personal opinion it is purely a matter of taste to go with such a widows peak or not. Nothing what I see tells me: This current hairline is wrong. This makes me very suspicious regarding the feedback of Diep...sounds like a salespitch to me. Maybe I am biased, cause I do not like his work. 

Anyway, if you are keen of having this widows peak. Here is a similar case. Please note: Also here it was just a matter of taste not a necessity. 

• Administrators

@Gasthoerer

I think a sales pitch is being harsh, if the patient himself and other member quickly drew the desired hairline. It’s common for a narrow face to have an arched hairline, and a round face to have a straighter hairline.

While we can all agree that the hairline looks natural, we can also see how a slight widows peak could make the patient happy.In the end,  it’s the patients happiness that matters the most. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Technically, I think your doctor did a very good job and it was well executed.  So most patients would be happy with her work but hairlines can be subjective.  I think this just shows how important it is to get the hairline design drawn beforehand so you can review and think about it before committing to the surgery.  Hopefully most doctors can draw a recommended hairline online before the patient has to fly over to do it in person right before the surgery. 

On 7/1/2020 at 1:09 AM, Tentpole91 said:

As someone who did surgery with Dr. Diep, I would probably recommend you look elsewhere for touch up work. He has a knack for drawing good hairlines, but his execution isn’t perfect. 

^^this^^

As a recent Diep/MHTA patient, I echo this 100%.

I can see where you have have some misgivings with the hairline. There is a bit of Giorgio A. Tsoukalos-action going on where the hair doesn't fit the face. I can say otherwise graft placement technique, yield results, plus the description of your donor managment are excellent! Dr. Sahar Nadimi might just be on mine and @Tentpole91 shortlist of surgeons to fix/revise Dr. Diep's work :).

GiorgioTsoukalos.jpg.2e5623c4f9427dd794c2fd16a5debda7.jpg

But I also want to make sure you understand what is in store, so I put this together for you:

The Diep vs. Nadimi Hairline:

DiepVsNadimi.thumb.jpg.7693253771c4866eb5e985e6908fbda7.jpg

Your Nadimi hairline exhibits the appearance of being nature-made. Placement shows no patterns. There are less hairs up front than there are as you go back. There is no clear line at all. Below your hairline is my Dr. Diep hairline at day 4 (I am 4 weeks post procedure at this time of this writing). At this stage, you can look with a critical eye the difference in technique. You can clearly see a line; one drawn free hand without a straight edge, but clearly a line. Especially looking at the first 1/4 of the hairline from the right side. That line is broken up by what is called the signature Diep staggered stairstep. If you can imagine, icicles lights dangling from an outdoor Chrismas line decoration, that is the Diep staggered stairstep analogy. Lastly, take a look at the rows. Find a graft at the hairline and you'll find each nearest successive graft going back towards the vertex forms a row. Also look at the horizontal spacing between those rows.

I edited the paragraph above down quite significantly because I want to be objective. But hope that gives you a better understanding of the choice you will make with Dr. Diep. Good luck! Look forward to hearing your choice and seeing your results.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for  your feedback. I wanted to provide a  quick update. Ultimately, I decided to return to Dr. Nadimi. After speaking with many doctors, I felt most comfortable with Dr. Nadimi. She is an ethical Dr. who cares greatly about her patients, she  is there with you throughout the entire surgery which is important to me. She is super responsive to any questions or concerns as well and makes herself available to speak. My second choice was Hasson and Wong but I couldn't get as comfortable with them as I am with Nadimi.  I had some frustrations with my hairline design  but it is a hairline that the Dr and I decided on and I agreed to. She delivered on what was agreed upon so any conflict with design, I take responsibility for. 

Will post  updates!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SpareHair said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for  your feedback. I wanted to provide a  quick update. Ultimately, I decided to return to Dr. Nadimi. After speaking with many doctors, I felt most comfortable with Dr. Nadimi. She is an ethical Dr. who cares greatly about her patients, she  is there with you throughout the entire surgery which is important to me. She is super responsive to any questions or concerns as well and makes herself available to speak. My second choice was Hasson and Wong but I couldn't get as comfortable with them as I am with Nadimi.  I had some frustrations with my hairline design  but it is a hairline that the Dr and I decided on and I agreed to. She delivered on what was agreed upon so any conflict with design, I take responsibility for. 

Will post  updates!

Sounds like a good choice to get the touch up with her as you had a really nice result. I think what you’re really looking for is that illusion of depth in the midline. So a hint of a peak in the mid section will give a pointed look, the illusion of a lower hairline and there will be no need to mess around with the hairline elsewhere. It will not take a significant number of grafts too. Best of luck. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

On 6/9/2020 at 9:53 PM, SpareHair said:

Are you of the opinion that Dr. Hassan is the best hair surgeon in  North America? (maybe after Konior!)

Hasson is probably the best stripper in North America. I wouldn't put Konior at the top anymore because I haven't seen much in the way of patient cases from him for quite awhile, even before the pandemic started.

2 hours ago, whattheFUE said:

Hasson is probably the best stripper in North America. I wouldn't put Konior at the top anymore because I haven't seen much in the way of patient cases from him for quite awhile, even before the pandemic started.

Theres been 3x exceptional ones on this very forum within the last few months.  

• Like 2

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Theres been 3x exceptional ones on this very forum within the last few months.  

A simple search would pull up more than three, he’s had a lot. His reputation is justified by results. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, whattheFUE said:

Hasson has been known to extend his strips way too far, sometimes even going up to an inch or so close to the hairline near the temples. I feel like that would immediately disqualify him as being the best.