advice needed for turkey

quinny

I'm currently looking into a procedure , I think i've settled on Turkey for the procedure. As most of you probably know its a minefield out there. The more I seem to look into it the more confused I become. At first I was leaning toward Get Hair with either Dr Tayfun or Apaydin but reading some reviews I am now less inclined .My other option was Dr Demirsoy at a higher cost but i'd prefer to pay a bit more if the end product was a lot better. Are there any other doctors I could look into or is Demirsoy pretty much the best option . Like I said it seems to get more confusing as i'm going along.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks 

• Administrators

I’ve never heard that of the first two, Demirsoy seems to be decent. My question is why Turkey? Are you basing yo decision off cost? If so, that’s not wise. Best to base your decision off of results.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

A bit of both to be honest , there seemed to be quite a few on here saying Demirsoy had good results . The other two work through a company with all glossy reviews but upon delving deeper into it I now have my reservations. I’ve been told I need possibly between 3000-4000 depending on what doctor reviewed. Some in Europe who are doing great work charge 3-4 euro a graft which would cost me basically £10000 which I can’t unfortunately commit to . 

• Administrators

My advice, save up until you no longer have to go to a budget clinic. Most of Turkey is a land mine. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@quinny like Melvin said Turkey is a landmine as it’s the world capital for botched hair transplants.

I only recommend HLC in Turkey because the doctor does the whole surgery and they use a highly skilled technique called stick&place but it’s 2.5€/graft.

If you want a low cost option in Turkey it’s Demirsoy but he does pre-made slits/holes and has the technicians implant the grafts. It’s still the best you can get for 1.25€/graft.

A better option would be Dr. Arika at Eugenix (1.8€/graft) she does a technique called DHT in which the grafts stay out of the body for no more than 30m. 

• 1 year later...

"At first I was leaning toward Get Hair with either Dr Tayfun or Apaydin but reading some reviews I am now less inclined."

"They work through a company with all glossy reviews but upon delving deeper into it I now have my reservations."

This thread is a year old, but I would urge guys to avoid Dr. Ilker Apaydin. I had a HT with him in June 2021 and he absolutely butchered it.

His website falsely leads you to believe that he does the entire surgery himself, but when you call to book, he tells you that "Actually nurses/techs do the extractions/implantations." But then he smooth talks you by reassuring you that extractions/implantations are the "easy" part. Only the incisions are "important" and he will do them. 

Well, turns out extractions are really important too. Only 750 grafts of 2,250 extracted survived b/c the nurses/techs didn't extract/preserve them properly. That's right. 1,500 grafts were damaged and wasted. Lost forever. Density is obviously poor b/c only 1/3 of the grafts successfully grew in the recipient area. 

Also, the nurses didn't space the extractions, creating a big bald spot in the back of my head. Unbelievable? I have photos to prove it. 

On top of that, the nurses/techs didn't bother to separate the grafts into singles/doubles/triples. So they implanted doubles/triples all along the edge of my hairline for that notorious "pluggy" look. 

His website is flashy. The clinic chic. His coordinator is great. But the quality of his work is worse than the "hair mills." I think he puts all his effort into marketing precisely b/c the quality of his work is so poor. 

I don't hesitate to call the doctor a "fraud." He purports to be an "internationally recognized" hair transplant surgeon, but what does he base this on? RealSelf reviews that his clinic manipulates! lol

I'm not saying his staff write fake reviews, but they pressure you to write a good review immediately post-op before any results are in. Since most guys are still very hopeful at this stage, and feeling grateful and excited that they finally went through with surgery, some are generous enough to write a review describing a great "experience" (like I said the clinic is chic, the coordinator is great, and they put you up in a snazzy hotel). But the experience is NOT the results. If you scroll through all of his reviews, they are almost all immediately post-op.

I thought it was strange that they ask for reviews BEFORE the results come in so I waited 6 months. I'm glad I did. The results are a disaster. Can I post a link to my RealSelf review so I don't have to re-upload all the photos and C&P the text? I'll try here: 

Dr. Ilker Apaydin BOTCHED my HT: Don't Be Fooled by his Flashy... (realself.com)

• Like 1