Anyone buzzed hair until new growth

Sharp

Hello 

Just wondering if anyone on here has previously undergone a HT and proceed to buzz their hair bald until the new hairs grow in as that's what I'm considering doing. 

For the last few years I've been using concealer to mask my super thin hair. Original plan was to have a HT during lockdown and then take time off / work from home until existing hair regrew long enough so that concealer could be applied and appearance wouldn't have changed much. 

Unfortunately it may turn out that I have to return to work much sooner than I originally anticipated so I am toying with the idea of just buzzing all the hair off when I return (at least then the main focus will be on how I've buzzed my hair and not people wondering why my hair looks like I've aged 30 years in the space of a few weeks. 

One positive of this is that as the hair does grow in, it will be gradual so it won't look too different overnight (whereas if I applied concealer and then suddenly stopped when the hair density grew in it would be quite a drastic change very quickly). 

However the negative side to this is that I realise new growth takes time and so I might have to keep buzzing my hair for a while if I do. 

Just wondering if anyone else has similar experience because most posts I see, people just let their natural hair grow and leave it whilst waiting for the new hair to grow (people who don't use concealer as they'll look pretty normal after a few weeks)

Hi Sharp.. 

You should consider yourself fortunate not unfortunate that you actually have a job to return to the way things are around the globe at the moment.. 

I actually buzzed my whole scalp both recipient and donor from 2.5 weeks post HT when shed started...i had a trade event to attend under lights for 4 days meeting lots of existing clients and simply had to have that uniform look not ugly duckling... I got lucky.. You can see from my post "7000 grafts 21/23 Dec 2019 Eugenix" that  any procedure was virtually undetectable... No one mentioned a thing.. You can see pics of my scalp on the stand under the lights. 

I continued to buzz up to start of month 3 where I allowed it all to grow in together... I'm now only buzzing sides and back to a 1 and allowing top to grow out for styling... 

In hindsight.. I don't think I'd buzz so soon if I were to do it again... The paranoia over whether or not you've damaged /sabotaged grafts just isnt worth the worry. 

Best of luck 

Z

Edited by Zoomster
Update

3 hours ago, Sharp said:

Hello 

Just wondering if anyone on here has previously undergone a HT and proceed to buzz their hair bald until the new hairs grow in as that's what I'm considering doing. 

For the last few years I've been using concealer to mask my super thin hair. Original plan was to have a HT during lockdown and then take time off / work from home until existing hair regrew long enough so that concealer could be applied and appearance wouldn't have changed much. 

Unfortunately it may turn out that I have to return to work much sooner than I originally anticipated so I am toying with the idea of just buzzing all the hair off when I return (at least then the main focus will be on how I've buzzed my hair and not people wondering why my hair looks like I've aged 30 years in the space of a few weeks. 

One positive of this is that as the hair does grow in, it will be gradual so it won't look too different overnight (whereas if I applied concealer and then suddenly stopped when the hair density grew in it would be quite a drastic change very quickly). 

However the negative side to this is that I realise new growth takes time and so I might have to keep buzzing my hair for a while if I do. 

Just wondering if anyone else has similar experience because most posts I see, people just let their natural hair grow and leave it whilst waiting for the new hair to grow (people who don't use concealer as they'll look pretty normal after a few weeks)

Always take advice from your hair stylist. They are professionals and can help you style your hair at any length and make it look presentable. If you try to buzz your hair yourself, you might end up with uneven proportions. Also, you can keep a fade cut for until the complete hair growth is there. But do make sure to keep the length in your donor at least 3 to 4 cms or else the donor patch is slightly visible.

Hair styles are all about visuals. If your sides are slimmed down and the top has volume then it will look very good. This will also allow your transplanted hair to attain length and not disturb their length acquisition. 

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

• Administrators

Buzzing your hair will skew your perception. Hair transplants are all about an “illusion of density” you need a certain length to hit the sweet spot. Honestly, I think you’d look worse buzzing your head, and it will only prolong you looking better. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Manchester City’s David Silva buzzed it for about a year before letting it grow out. If you can get away with the buzz cut look I don’t see why not. It helps if your a tanned Spaniard like Mr Silva. 

5E6E5536-AB30-4F36-B656-40D4C6930E0F.jpeg

69DC7347-A928-4760-9B2D-374C2CE0D520.png