Age 25 Considering a Hair transplant

Hello Guys,

Hope you are all doing well in this time of unrest,

So, basically I started loosing my hairs when i was like i think 17-18, During the Initial stages I dint knew anything about hair fall or anything one of my friend suggested me Minoxidil 5%. I used that for like 2 years and i use to use only on my temples as i use to feel as I'm losing hair's only from that area. Then i felt my hair loss did not stop and I tried a homeopathic doctor which I continued for almost 2 years and I stopped that too. Since past three years I did not do anything expect may be for massing my hairs as i thought i have to any way get a hair transplant eventually. I maintained very short hairs, I believe that's the reason I have some hairs left. Now I am curently 25 years old , I have become a bit financially stable and can think of spending money on my hair transplant. I am looking forward to have a hair transplant at around february next year. 

I researched a few hair transplant clinics (not a lot though i just started my research a month ago), I found Korey Erdogan's result very natural and I asked him for a evaluation, He said I would need around 5000 grafts and that would cost me 12500 euros, Wow that's too expensive for me I dropped him Immediately from my List. I also asked for an Evaluation from Eugenix and Dr. Tejander Bhatti. Eugenix replied me with 3500 and finestride(which im not sure what to do) but the cost of Eugenix would be fine to me. I have not yet received any feedback from dr. bhatti yet.

I am looking forward from suggestion from you guys for clinics in my range and any general suggestion is mostly welcome. 

I have my photos please have a look at them.

Thank you guys

Regards,

back.jpg

front.jpg

leftside.jpg

rightside.jpg

upper.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Osman1234 said:

Hello Guys,

Hope you are all doing well in this time of unrest,

So, basically I started loosing my hairs when i was like i think 17-18, During the Initial stages I dint knew anything about hair fall or anything one of my friend suggested me Minoxidil 5%. I used that for like 2 years and i use to use only on my temples as i use to feel as I'm losing hair's only from that area. Then i felt my hair loss did not stop and I tried a homeopathic doctor which I continued for almost 2 years and I stopped that too. Since past three years I did not do anything expect may be for massing my hairs as i thought i have to any way get a hair transplant eventually. I maintained very short hairs, I believe that's the reason I have some hairs left. Now I am curently 25 years old , I have become a bit financially stable and can think of spending money on my hair transplant. I am looking forward to have a hair transplant at around february next year. 

I researched a few hair transplant clinics (not a lot though i just started my research a month ago), I found Korey Erdogan's result very natural and I asked him for a evaluation, He said I would need around 5000 grafts and that would cost me 12500 euros, Wow that's too expensive for me I dropped him Immediately from my List. I also asked for an Evaluation from Eugenix and Dr. Tejander Bhatti. Eugenix replied me with 3500 and finestride(which im not sure what to do) but the cost of Eugenix would be fine to me. I have not yet received any feedback from dr. bhatti yet.

I am looking forward from suggestion from you guys for clinics in my range and any general suggestion is mostly welcome. 

I have my photos please have a look at them.

Thank you guys

Regards,

back.jpg

front.jpg

leftside.jpg

rightside.jpg

upper.jpg

3000 to 3500 grafts would be apt for your frontal zone reconstruction.

There are a couple of very very important points that you must ponder over:

1. Your age is 25 (very young). You will lose more hair in the future and the baldness will further progress.

2. Between the age of 20 to 30 the speed of miniaturization is higher. After 30 till 40 it slows down. After 40, it stabilizes to a certain extent but that does not mean that it will completely stop. 

3. Hair transplantation will help get new hair on the bald area. It will not stop any further progression of baldness.

4. Minoxidil cannot substitute Finasteride. 

5. Finasteride is extremely important if you want to preserve your already existing hair. You have a lot of them on your scalp. 

6. If you do not take Finasteride then you inevitably require more procedures in the future. 

7. Finasteride has been long demonised and hence the side effects have been exaggerated. A lot of individuals miss out on good hair because they are too scared to even start the medication. You should at least give it a try.

Transplantation is just one facet of the hair restoration process. You should always take the wholesome route. Finasteride can be extremely beneficial for you. 

Please do feel comfortable to ask more questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

@Osman1234 you should read recent posts about Koray Erdogan because you will understand that nowadays it’s nothing more than a high priced turkish Hairmill where your results will depend on the techs assigned to your surgery when you check in.

There are several fellow HRN members with botched hair transplant from ASMED complaining from lack of response and even being threatened by lawyers.

My advise is run like the wind from ASMED (unless you want a surgery run by technicians instead of a renowned Doctor)

If you are dead set on having a HT in Turkey the only sure bet is HLC Ankara at 2.5€/graft. I say this having had myself a HT in Turkey.
My doctor Kaan Pekiner achieves amazing results but he aborts patients with miniaturized hairs and is too conservative.

Both HLC and Pekiner only operate on 1 patient per day and implant using a technique called stick&place in which they open 1 hole/slit at a time and immediately implant the graft.

If you are willing to go to Europe then look at @Dr. Bruno Ferreira because he works in Madrid with Dr. Jose Lorenzo one of the best FUE docs in the world but also has his own clinic in Porto where he charges 2.5€/graft. Dr. BF does a technique called DHI in which the graft is inserted into implanter pen and these pens open the hole/slit and implant the graft at the same time. This means smaller holes/slits and a quicker recovery.

I was also 25 in 2008 when I had my first HT with Dr. Rahal.
i had side effects with Finasteride and stopped taking it so I lost all the hair in my mid-scalp and crown and in 2017 I was a NW7 with maybe 60% of grafts implanted holding up in the front.

Since you are also 25 I would imagine any doctor not looking just to take your money to strongly advise you to start Finasteride because if you don’t in 5-7 years time you will be a NW7. 

best of luck to you!

Edited by Portugal25

11 hours ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

3000 to 3500 grafts would be apt for your frontal zone reconstruction.

There are a couple of very very important points that you must ponder over:

1. Your age is 25 (very young). You will lose more hair in the future and the baldness will further progress.

2. Between the age of 20 to 30 the speed of miniaturization is higher. After 30 till 40 it slows down. After 40, it stabilizes to a certain extent but that does not mean that it will completely stop. 

3. Hair transplantation will help get new hair on the bald area. It will not stop any further progression of baldness.

4. Minoxidil cannot substitute Finasteride. 

5. Finasteride is extremely important if you want to preserve your already existing hair. You have a lot of them on your scalp. 

6. If you do not take Finasteride then you inevitably require more procedures in the future. 

7. Finasteride has been long demonised and hence the side effects have been exaggerated. A lot of individuals miss out on good hair because they are too scared to even start the medication. You should at least give it a try.

Transplantation is just one facet of the hair restoration process. You should always take the wholesome route. Finasteride can be extremely beneficial for you. 

Please do feel comfortable to ask more questions.

Hey gabrielle, thanks man! 

I am aware about needing further hair transplants, I am ok with it  down the line after 4-5 years. 

I would like to try finestride, but Incase if i dont want to continue? what is the probablity of a sucessful HT? Minoxidil Would not help in that case?

Much appreciated.

Regards,

I cannot agree more that starting low dose finasteride is the one critical step to help preserve what hair that you have left, especially your crown....you can discuss starting on a low dose and possibly every other day to slowly start acclimating the medication to your system, and slowly increase it from there under your doctor's supervision.

Based on your initial post, I see you headed for NW 7 eventually...if I was you I would be very careful to approach any surgical restoration very conservatively with a high hair line and lower density...preserving your limited donor for future loss is such a critical part of your case as you are so young.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

9 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Osman1234 you should read recent posts about Koray Erdogan because you will understand that nowadays it’s nothing more than a high priced turkish Hairmill where your results will depend on the techs assigned to your surgery when you check in.

There are several fellow HRN members with botched hair transplant from ASMED complaining from lack of response and even being threatened by lawyers.

My advise is run like the wind from ASMED (unless you want a surgery run by technicians instead of a renowned Doctor)

If you are dead set on having a HT in Turkey the only sure bet is HLC Ankara at 2.5€/graft. I say this having had myself a HT in Turkey.
My doctor Kaan Pekiner achieves amazing results but he aborts patients with miniaturized hairs and is too conservative.

Both HLC and Pekiner only operate on 1 patient per day and implant using a technique called stick&place in which they open 1 hole/slit at a time and immediately implant the graft.

If you are willing to go to Europe then look at @Dr. Bruno Ferreira because he works in Madrid with Dr. Jose Lorenzo one of the best FUE docs in the world but also has his own clinic in Porto where he charges 2.5€/graft. Dr. BF does a technique called DHI in which the graft is inserted into implanter pen and these pens open the hole/slit and implant the graft at the same time. This means smaller holes/slits and a quicker recovery.

I was also 25 in 2008 when I had my first HT with Dr. Rahal.
i had side effects with Finasteride and stopped taking it so I lost all the hair in my mid-scalp and crown and in 2017 I was a NW7 with maybe 60% of grafts implanted holding up in the front.

Since you are also 25 I would imagine any doctor not looking just to take your money to strongly advise you to start Finasteride because if you don’t in 5-7 years time you will be a NW7. 

best of luck to you!

Thank you @Portugal25 for the valuable information.

I very reluctant to taking finestride because i had anxiety issues earlier in my life. What i plan to do is to have a transplant to correct my hair line which would probably need 3000-3500 grafts and will try using minoxidil. Im ok to go for an another down the line for my mid scalp and my crown. Will monoxidil not stop my hairloss atleast for 4-5 years.

How do u feel what im thinking is practical?

thanks!

@Osman1234 sorry but Minoxidil will not stop your hairloss. There’s only 1 solution to stop hairloss and that is Finasteride. If you don’t take it you will most likely  evolve to a Norwood 7 in the next 5 years.

A ethical Doctor might refuse doing surgery on a 25 year old if he’s not in Finasteride because you will probably lose many of the transplanted hairs to the front (just like I did). 

ASMED and all other Turkish hairmils and will gladly take your money without warning you about this because they are concerned about money and not how the patient will look in 5 to 7 years.

I advise you to request a diagnosis to Dr.Bruno Ferreira. 

3000-3500 will be needed to cover your front.

It seems you will loose more, buy your donor looks strong.

Because you are very young a doctor need to check with you if you don't have potential loosing hair in the donor area\Norwood 7, although in the pictures it looks great now.

Minoxidil helps the blood stream to the roots of hair, it mostly helps the crown, but not on everybody.

Finasteride prevents DHT, I myself tried it 25 years ago and it didn't help and hurt my fertility, other ppl I know didnt complain on that and it helps to preserve some of their hair.

I less recommend you will go for 5000 grafts per a single procedure, especially not using all 5000 from back of the neck.

You are welcome to contact and consult with me on private.

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

4 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Osman1234 sorry but Minoxidil will not stop your hairloss. There’s only 1 solution to stop hairloss and that is Finasteride. If you don’t take it you will most likely  evolve to a Norwood 7 in the next 5 years.

A ethical Doctor might refuse doing surgery on a 25 year old if he’s not in Finasteride because you will probably lose many of the transplanted hairs to the front (just like I did). 

ASMED and all other Turkish hairmils and will gladly take your money without warning you about this because they are concerned about money and not how the patient will look in 5 to 7 years.

I advise you to request a diagnosis to Dr.Bruno Ferreira. 

@Portugal25 Hey thanks man for the honest suggestion, So you ultimately mean if i do not want to use finestride I should not have a HT?

@Osman1234 if you don’t want to take Finasteride you will probably lose all the hairs in the front, mid-scalp and crown (evolving to NW7 like I did).
You also have the chance to lose some of the transplanted grafts (like I did).

For this reason I would advise you to wait another 5 years before having a HT if Finasteride is not a option. 

I stopped Finasteride a few months after my first HT because experienced acute testicular pain but now 12 years later I’m considering taking it again because I don’t have any more donor area and I will continue to lose hair for the rest of my life if I don’t take Finasteride.