Cleaning alters results..this guy proves its! Dr. Lindsey

Some of you have seen my videos where I try to emphasize the importance of cleaning postop.  It really became clear to me about a decade ago when a  hairpiece wearing trial lawyer really did a poor job cleaning and by day 7 had literally alleys of crust extracted grafts that were gone!   We ultimately did a second case for his crown and addressed those areas and have posted a bunch of updates on him...but that is when it struck me that early on...the crust can have stronger adherance to hairs than the scalp does...and can pull them out!  WE offer free help with cleaning postop and still people don't clean.  

This special forces guy is a prime example.  We did a nice case on him...his wife was having a baby and although they were fairly close..he didn't come and did a poor job cleaning.  We did a little touch up on him and made him come daily to help him clean.  Look at the difference!  At just 5 months out he looks awesome.  And I show his scar after being in his head twice, and a short haircut.

Do what your doctor says...but if you're our patient or going to be our patient....CLEAN!

The video is:  

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Administrators

Great topic, 

Thank you bringing awareness to the community 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dr Lindsey, doesnt this go against the graft anchoring study done by Dr Rassman and Bernstein? Their study found that by day 8 or so, grafts were never dislodged even when pulling a scab or hair. Given that most doctors nowadays use smaller incisions than what was cited in the study, this should be even less of an issue? Just want your opinion on this.

• Like 2

That is an excellent question.  I think the real problem is days 4-7....when these fellows don't rub/shampoo off crusts which then form a big plaque...that lifts rows of hairs out.  Here's the trial lawyer's head that made me realize this.  And this is day 7.   So you are right HT Hope.   And so are the 2 excellent doctors you reference.

16.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians