Donor densities: 80-80 FUs/cm2

Hair Caliber: Fine

Total FU used:- 2405

* FU breakdown:-             

1s 399

2s 1461

3s 545

TOTAL: 2405

That means 2405 FU = 4956 Hairs. Average = 2,06 hairs/FU.

The goal of this surgery was to rebuild the frontal third of this patient, keeping the same hair line design that he still kept to a degree. The procedure was performed 4 months ago, but the patient is experiencing an early yield. Nevertheless we expect more evolution within the following months.

Before

Iim1nb.jpeg

Pre-Post surgery

66eNNp.jpeg

j3V7Eu.jpeg

JWfBLI.jpeg

4F6PYh.jpeg

41dZ9L.jpeg

b6ABXU.jpeg

DxpJwR.jpeg

MsHHmr.jpeg

rNdszu.jpeg

ANdHFJ.jpeg

hvNDg7.jpeg

10 Days

IZLTIK.jpeg

WoaJlB.jpeg

wncYtZ.jpeg

j8l0z5.jpeg

4 Months

4pF6qQ.jpeg

2NOiEQ.jpeg

Comparison 0-4 Months

fUbjTO.jpeg

fS4RUa.jpeg

• Administrators

Excellent presentation, and very impressive for 4 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi HTHOPE, great question and good to see people are looking at donor extractions also now.

This patient had 2400 FU, and a good density of 80 FU per cm2, so even with a nicely spaced extraction pattern and well spread as the photos show, we did not need to go over the whole donor of circa 180cm2. We harvest from one side (I see many FUE results only and exclusively harvesting from the rear however),  and spread as needed to get the graft numbers and units needed. So, we start from temple and above ear and work round keeping in mind a good spread for the grafts.  To extend it to the other ear for the amount of grafts needed and with this patient's density would have meant spreading more, more injections and not needed in that we have not had to over harvest at all to obtain what was needed. So, this is not uncommon. 

As said over the years I have seen a lot of results from clinics with higher amounts and not spreading more than the occipital area, so very concentrated extractions, but that said we spread as needed but there is no need to go over all the donor from ear to ear for the sake of it if we can harvest the numbers safely without having to extend and as said is common also and we take into account the amount needed and the donor density to give.

Dr.B uses a motorised punch and 0.75 to 0.8mm for the most part unless afro hair type etc.

Hope helps.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 2:43 AM, sl said:

Hi HTHOPE, great question and good to see people are looking at donor extractions also now.

This patient had 2400 FU, and a good density of 80 FU per cm2, so even with a nicely spaced extraction pattern and well spread as the photos show, we did not need to go over the whole donor of circa 180cm2. We harvest from one side (I see many FUE results only and exclusively harvesting from the rear however),  and spread as needed to get the graft numbers and units needed. So, we start from temple and above ear and work round keeping in mind a good spread for the grafts.  To extend it to the other ear for the amount of grafts needed and with this patient's density would have meant spreading more, more injections and not needed in that we have not had to over harvest at all to obtain what was needed. So, this is not uncommon. 

As said over the years I have seen a lot of results from clinics with higher amounts and not spreading more than the occipital area, so very concentrated extractions, but that said we spread as needed but there is no need to go over all the donor from ear to ear for the sake of it if we can harvest the numbers safely without having to extend and as said is common also and we take into account the amount needed and the donor density to give.

Dr.B uses a motorised punch and 0.75 to 0.8mm for the most part unless afro hair type etc.

Hope helps.

I thought dr Bisanga uses Manual punch? Any update on this patient?

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

That is terrific but I have a question about the hairline design. Doesn't that look a bit too feminine? 

Usually women only have rounded temple points. 

I had the same impression, but if you look at his pre-op pictures his natural hairline (unless he had a prior transplant, but it doesn't look like that to me) is actually that rounded, juvenile type. IMO you don't go wrong my mimicking nature, and what was natural in this case was to reestablish those rounded temple points.

• 6 months later...

Im very pleased to see such an excellent transformation for this patient. He has kindly shared an updated photo showing his result at current and provided the following quote -

Patient quote: "I comb it back normally now, the truth is I am super happy, "

Thank you for your interest. 

1726736771_Screenshot2021-04-12at21_28_10.thumb.png.e18325fc18cf159fa3f7aa021568b75f.png

883073591_Screenshot2021-04-12at21_29_24.thumb.png.b6f65d15eeb42cbc22f256cf6d19a494.png

Edited by Raphael84
  • Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

7 hours ago, Mycroft said:

This guy obviously had good hair characteristics, but this is still a gorgeous result.

Not really, if you read the initial post, patients hair calibre was designated as ‘fine’ and had a low HGI of 2.06. 

7 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Not really, if you read the initial post, patients hair calibre was designated as ‘fine’ and had a low HGI of 2.06. 

Fine hair or not, the patient has a pretty clear natural wave to his hair. Wavy and curly hair is always going to create better coverage than straight hair when allowed enough length to do its thing.

Agree with the wavy factor - but as far as good characteristics go, the patient has fine hair, with lower than average groupings. 

Awesome result, and should provide good inspiration for candidates who don’t have the ‘Ideal’ characteristics as is often the case on knock out results. 

• Administrators

Wow this is out of this world good🔥🔥👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

Im very pleased to see such an excellent transformation for this patient. He has kindly shared an updated photo showing his result at current and provided the following quote -

Patient quote: "I comb it back normally now, the truth is I am super happy, "

Thank you for your interest. 

1726736771_Screenshot2021-04-12at21_28_10.thumb.png.e18325fc18cf159fa3f7aa021568b75f.png

883073591_Screenshot2021-04-12at21_29_24.thumb.png.b6f65d15eeb42cbc22f256cf6d19a494.png

Do you think he can send some side profile pictures as well?

View my thread

The patient has kindly provided a couple of further photos at your request.

1725359434_Screenshot2021-04-13at19_41_14.thumb.png.9d7f95fc505544b5ee298e1ec213f944.png

272223674_Screenshot2021-04-13at19_41_19.thumb.png.49d92b6bbf63955aa6355b205d0e1d5e.png

• Like 3

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.