Donor densities: 80-80 FUs/cm2

Hair Caliber: Fine

Total FU used:- 2405

* FU breakdown:-             

1s 399

2s 1461

3s 545

TOTAL: 2405

That means 2405 FU = 4956 Hairs. Average = 2,06 hairs/FU.

The goal of this surgery was to rebuild the frontal third of this patient, keeping the same hair line design that he still kept to a degree. The procedure was performed 4 months ago, but the patient is experiencing an early yield. Nevertheless we expect more evolution within the following months.

Before

Iim1nb.jpeg

Pre-Post surgery

66eNNp.jpeg

j3V7Eu.jpeg

JWfBLI.jpeg

4F6PYh.jpeg

41dZ9L.jpeg

b6ABXU.jpeg

DxpJwR.jpeg

MsHHmr.jpeg

rNdszu.jpeg

ANdHFJ.jpeg

hvNDg7.jpeg

10 Days

IZLTIK.jpeg

WoaJlB.jpeg

wncYtZ.jpeg

j8l0z5.jpeg

4 Months

4pF6qQ.jpeg

2NOiEQ.jpeg

Comparison 0-4 Months

fUbjTO.jpeg

fS4RUa.jpeg

Excellent presentation, and very impressive for 4 months.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Hello, why was the temporal area on the left side not extracted from? Also, what punch size was used and which system?

Hi HTHOPE, great question and good to see people are looking at donor extractions also now.

This patient had 2400 FU, and a good density of 80 FU per cm2, so even with a nicely spaced extraction pattern and well spread as the photos show, we did not need to go over the whole donor of circa 180cm2. We harvest from one side (I see many FUE results only and exclusively harvesting from the rear however),  and spread as needed to get the graft numbers and units needed. So, we start from temple and above ear and work round keeping in mind a good spread for the grafts.  To extend it to the other ear for the amount of grafts needed and with this patient's density would have meant spreading more, more injections and not needed in that we have not had to over harvest at all to obtain what was needed. So, this is not uncommon. 

As said over the years I have seen a lot of results from clinics with higher amounts and not spreading more than the occipital area, so very concentrated extractions, but that said we spread as needed but there is no need to go over all the donor from ear to ear for the sake of it if we can harvest the numbers safely without having to extend and as said is common also and we take into account the amount needed and the donor density to give.

Dr.B uses a motorised punch and 0.75 to 0.8mm for the most part unless afro hair type etc.

Hope helps.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Amazing early growth for this gentleman. He must be very impressed already

Framing his face much better too. Very natural hairline developing.

• Like 1