Dr. Steven Gabel Q&A Thread

• Administrators

Dear Community,

I wanted to let you guys know that Dr. Gabel's office has recently opened back up, after being closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. I know there are a lot of unanswered questions, like "can you bring someone with you," or "are the hair transplant session sizes smaller due to personnel restriction." 

I will be sending all of your questions to Dr. Gabel, there is no dumb question. Whether its regarding finasteride usage after surgery, or just how long the wait is at his clinic. Please ask any question that comes to mind - this is your opportunity to have legitimate hair transplant expert review your questions and answer them, so take advantage. 

Dr. Steven Gabel

In case, you guys are unaware of his work, take a look at some of the reviews from him on our forum.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Good questions, I believe both him and Konior both are involved, even in the graft placement. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

I’ll be sure to include your question about BHT to Dr. Gabel and his thoughts.

Dr. Gabel, 

Regularly performs both FUT and FUE, so if any of you have questions regarding these two techniques, and the differences, now is the time to ask.

View my thread

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’ll be sure to include your question about BHT to Dr. Gabel and his thoughts.

Dr. Gabel, 

Regularly performs both FUT and FUE, so if any of you have questions regarding these two techniques, and the differences, now is the time to ask.

Does he subscribe to the school of thought that starting with FUT for your first procedure, then “stripping out”, then changing to FUE as needed significantly optimizes one’s lifetime supply of grafts? If so, by what % (on average) does this approach increase lifetime supply vs someone who starts with and only uses FUE

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, yesplease said:

Does he subscribe to the school of thought that starting with FUT for your first procedure, then “stripping out”, then changing to FUE as needed significantly optimizes one’s lifetime supply of grafts? If so, by what % (on average) does this approach increase lifetime supply vs someone who starts with and only uses FUE

Good Q, please include 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, yesplease said:

Good question, please send more.

View my thread

I would like to ask Dr. Gabel's about his experience with FUT vs FUE graft yield rates. Many of us have seen the study that shows yields can be comparable. However according some top surgeons who perform both techniques including Dr. Bloxham and Dr. Diep, graft quality and survival rate for FUT is still better. Which is closer to the truth, per your patients' results?

• Administrators
Just now, ADuckwithNoHair said:

I would like to ask Dr. Gabel's about his experience with FUT vs FUE graft yield rates. Many of us have seen the study that shows yields can be comparable. However according some top surgeons who perform both techniques including Dr. Bloxham and Dr. Diep, graft quality and survival rate for FUT is still better. Which is closer to the truth, per your patients' results?

Excellent question.

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hey Guys,

I'll be sending Dr. Gabel these questions today.

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 5:06 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hey Guys,

I'll be sending Dr. Gabel these questions today.

Any responses to these yet? 

I saw you already  posted a new Q/A for Dr Arocha... 

Thanks! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I haven’t been able to get a hold of Dr. Gabel, I’ll reach out to him again.

View my thread