Is Dr. Rahal still a good option?

I've been exploring and FUE procedure for my hairline and I used to always see Rahal's work and it looked incredible. I don't really see much of anything out of his clinic anymore. Is he still practicing and a top surgeon?

• Administrators

Yea, he’s still a solid choice, he’d had some real amazing results on the forum. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, experion said:

Sad that Dr.Rahal doesn't do FUT anymore for which he was called the Hairline King by the people. His FUE results doesn't even come close to the FUT wow results.

Seems like such a bizarre move. I understand wanting to expand your repertoire but why completely stop performing the procedure you built your reputation on?

• Administrators

Guys, 

Please stop spreading misinformation, we have absolutely ZERO evidence that says he’s stopped performing FUT

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys, 

Please stop spreading misinformation, we have absolutely ZERO evidence that says he’s stopped performing FUT

This is not misinformation. I have an written evidance confirmation from his rep @rahalhairline.com from Yesterday that Dr. Rahal has stopped doing FUT

Edited by experion

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, experion said:

This is not misinformation. I have an written evidance confirmation from his rep @rahalhairline.com from Yesterday that Dr. Rahal has stopped doing FUT

Please share it on here, I will invite the clinic to respond. 

@Rahal Hair Transplant

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Please share it on here, I will invite the clinic to respond. 

@Rahal Hair Transplant

Quote from email: "Thank you for the update. Unfortunately we do not offer FUT at our clinic but if you ever change your mind and decide you would prefer FUE just let me know!"

I also had a Google meet video chat with Dr. Rahal's rep and the same was clearly communicated with me.

• Administrators

I need to confirm this myself, a quote is not enough. I will reaching out to the clinic.

View my thread

Wow, say it ain't so.  Thanks for checking, Melvin.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I need to confirm this myself, a quote is not enough. I will reaching out to the clinic.

I have an FUE booked with Dr. Rahal at the end of this month. I was told on the phone that they primarily do FUE now, though I didn't explicitly ask if the've discontinued FUT. This man had FUE with Dr. Rahal last year: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoUA5GaXeM4nT-Lf2EWNtQSzcd_yOv7hK

Check it out -- great result, and you can follow his entire 12 month journey. I'm still nervous, but this made me a bit more comfortable with moving forward.

• Administrators

I know they do FUE, but to not do any FUT sounds wrong, especially since so many of their quality results were from FUT.

View my thread

Just recalled that Dr. Rahals rep said that the FUE graft survival rate now is equivalent to FUT and hence Dr. Rahal stopped offering FUT.

But let's hear it from the horse's mouth directly.