What happened to Wayne Rooney’s Hair?

Coady

And here we are spending all our time and hard earned money Just to slow down the inevitable. 
suppose he’s not on finasteride either just shows the importance of the drug even for your doner area !!! 

It happens that transplanted hairs fall to some people, I have seen reports on other forum, but this is not the case. He had bad hair transplants and has used since the first day concealers. When he doesn't use them he seems balding.

Edited by Struggle

• Administrators

All of you guys are wrong, that’s his hair from the hair transplants. He wears hair loss concealer, so these pictures were taken without the hair loss concealers. 

You guys have to remember, he was a Norwood 5 by 25, he’s now going on 35. He’s had two surgeries with a maximum of 3,500 grafts. That’s how 3,500 grafts will look on a Norwood 6, which he would’ve been by now.

He would have no hair left on his head without hair transplants. He can always have another hair transplant with a better doctor. I’m sure he will when he retires.

E34E792E-59D3-48D9-BB0D-BD9294EF7FAF.jpeg

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

I’m gonna be biased, but he looks good with the concealer and beard IMO. It looks natural, and that is thanks to transplants. 
image.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Egy said:

@Melvin-Moderator are you sure that the second photo was taken the day after the first?

Yes, that was during the 2016 Euros, it made the news. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3663779/amp/Stressed-Wayne-England-captain-Rooney-looks-like-hair-fallen-OVERNIGHT-humiliating-exit-Euro-2016.html

View my thread

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Egy said:

ah, I don't remember, but he let everyone know that he had used hair concealers.😬

If you own it, people won’t care. I use concealers. They augment hair transplant results. He looks good with them, and it’s better than being bald thats for sure.

View my thread

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

If thats the day after he sure grew a lot of stubble in that time

That’s how much I grow lol, it’s the DHT, that’s why his beard is incredibly thick.

View my thread

34 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I use concealers. They augment hair transplant results. He looks good with them, and it’s better than being bald thats for sure.

you, but there are many people who do not like to let people know they use concealers, let alone have undergone a transplant.

Rooney is using hair dye, concealers and without them in direct sun unfortunately looks like he now needs another HT.

He hasn’t had that many grafts considering his high Norwood level. It’s not going to look great now he’s probably lost all native hair on the previously transplanted area. 

he could look to his impressive beard next.? 

Rooney come to the forum we will help you out ! 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Egy said:

you, but there are many people who do not like to let people know they use concealers, let alone have undergone a transplant.

I think Rooney is setting the trend, and I think he is helping break the stigma that hair transplants are some how bad. We’re all human, and it’s okay to be insecure about hair loss. I applaud his courage, and it’s one of the reasons why I decided to get an HT myself. 

View my thread

• Administrators
2 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Rooney is using hair dye, concealers and without them in direct sun unfortunately looks like he now needs another HT.

He hasn’t had that many grafts considering his high Norwood level. It’s not going to look great now he’s probably lost all native hair on the previously transplanted area. 

he could look to his impressive beard next.? 

Rooney come to the forum we will help you out ! 

I think he’s happy with the look the concealers give him, no doubt he’ll look better when he gets another HT, maybe even two. He needs to go to a good doc, the one he went too, wasn’t the best. He should take a page out of Antonio Conte’s book. Sometimes I wonder if Ol’ Rooney lurks in the forum, it wouldn’t surprise me.

• Haha 1

View my thread

If he choose a top Dr next I’m pretty sure he would get a pretty good result. He must have quite a lot left in the bank with regards to available grafts. 
He looks so much better with the beard and concealer. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Egy said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11786593/wayne-rooney-hair-falling-out-transplants/

I don't think spending 30k went to a low cost.  Is it known where he went for his transplants?

I believe he went to Harley Street clinic in the UK. Not a big fan of the doctors work tbh. I think he could get a way better result elsewhere, but then again he did have surgery in 2011, FUE has a come a long way since then. 

View my thread

On 6/5/2020 at 6:09 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

All of you guys are wrong, that’s his hair from the hair transplants. He wears hair loss concealer, so these pictures were taken without the hair loss concealers. 

You guys have to remember, he was a Norwood 5 by 25, he’s now going on 35. He’s had two surgeries with a maximum of 3,500 grafts. That’s how 3,500 grafts will look on a Norwood 6, which he would’ve been by now.

He would have no hair left on his head without hair transplants. He can always have another hair transplant with a better doctor. I’m sure he will when he retires.

Spot on 

On 6/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, TheRealist said:
On 6/5/2020 at 7:09 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Melvin-Moderator I found the same discussion in another forum, even there a member has the same doubts as me, namely that looking at the two photos, it seems impossible that they were taken one day after the other, it is not possible for the beard to grow back like this  quickly in one night and in fact he looks older in the second photo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 8:04 PM, Egy said:

nothing, only what I am more and more convinced of, and that is that even after a while the transplanted hair falls out.

I am also convinced that whether FUE or FUT , the theory of Donor dominance is incorrect , what I have noticed on myself as a FUE Patient and also on my friends who had FUT or FUE , that after some time the Planted grafts from the safe zone of the donor to the recipient sites , do get susceptible to DHT of the Recipient sites over time and fall out .... if you do not take medications life long , I do not believe in donor dominance as I have seen with my own eyes how after a few years the Guys who had superlative results after 1 year get thinned out after 3-4-5- years ( without Medication ) ... so in my opinion its a waste of time if you do not take Propecia life long after a HT , as the DHT of the front does effect the anti DHT Donor hair also , even when hair is harvested from the safe zones of the donor ,  of course I do not take Propecia for the fact that I do not feel comfortable with the known side effects as I believe its not worth the Risk in my opinion. In short I do echo that Donor hair when shifted to recipient is always susceptible to DHT and will Fall out regardless of the best results at 1 year Period!

Edited by jolly

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 12:09 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

IMHO, he probably had between 5000-6000 or more grafts over the two verified surgeries over the last few years..

Shockingly, it looks to me that lonly 1000 grafts have survived.

In addition, he likely has very few hairs remaining on the aide of his head for a 3rd transplant.

This is one of the worst results I have ever seen.

Considering he Is a high profile athlete, and he used a very high profile clinic in London, this raises questions about the efficacy of hair transplants in general.

There are allot of questions that all the Doctors on the forum should be answering in regards to what went so terribly wrong with this case.

Are hairs from the “safe zone” really safe after all?

What else could have gone so wrong with TWO surgeries?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Newby888 said:

IMHO, he probably had between 5000-6000 or more grafts over the two verified surgeries over the last few years..

Shockingly, it looks to me that lonly 1000 grafts have survived.

In addition, he likely has very few hairs remaining on the aide of his head for a 3rd transplant.

This is one of the worst results I have ever seen.

Considering he Is a high profile athlete, and he used a very high profile clinic in London, this raises questions about the efficacy of hair transplants in general.

There are allot of questions that all the Doctors on the forum should be answering in regards to what went so terribly wrong with this case.

Are hairs from the “safe zone” really safe after all?

What else could have gone so wrong with TWO surgeries?

He did not get that many grafts, if I recall he had around 1,500 each session, so 3,000 grafts. Growth wasn’t good, but not terrible, that’s how 3,000 grafts on a norwood 6 with thin hair looks. 

View my thread