Hello all,

I’m new to this site but very interested in getting a hair transplant done to restore my hairline. It’s a little difficult finding reputable quality advice online since many clinics these days are investing in SEO and publishing fake reviews. I was hoping someone could speak to any experience with good doctors in the Chicago area? 

Dr. Konior.

In my opinion he is the best in Chicago and one of the top surgeons in the world.

• Like 1

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

Heard a lot about Dr Konior, you may want to consult with him.

Razzy and Phil, how is the work of Dr Konior holding up?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

Hello all,

I’m new to this site but very interested in getting a hair transplant done to restore my hairline. It’s a little difficult finding reputable quality advice online since many clinics these days are investing in SEO and publishing fake reviews. I was hoping someone could speak to any experience with good doctors in the Chicago area? 

I don't know all the Chicago doctors but it is good to get multiple perspectives on your individual case. Try: 1)Chicago Hair Institue (Konior and Nadimi); 2)Dr Panine; and 3)Dr Keller.

Keller used to be recommended on here but I guess decided not to renew his membership.

Stay away from Katona and Yates.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg Mon/Wed/Fri.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Is anyone familiar with Dr Carlos Puig and the International Hair Institute?

1 hour ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Is anyone familiar with Dr Carlos Puig and the International Hair Institute?

He's been around for years and started back in the old plug days.  Not seen any of his work but he's getting on a bit now.  I think there are better choices out there.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg Mon/Wed/Fri.

Dr. Konior and Panine hands down. Check out our surgeon reviews section, there are two people who commented Matt and make hair great again that have posted recent reviews for Dr. Konior. 

• Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Konior’s work is very impressive and he seems really ethical. Getting a HT is a big decisions and today’s options have become very convoluted making it difficult to find gems among all the rubble