Best Doctors in Chicago

Hello all,

I’m new to this site but very interested in getting a hair transplant done to restore my hairline. It’s a little difficult finding reputable quality advice online since many clinics these days are investing in SEO and publishing fake reviews. I was hoping someone could speak to any experience with good doctors in the Chicago area? 

Dr. Konior.

In my opinion he is the best in Chicago and one of the top surgeons in the world.

• Like 1

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

7 hours ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

Hello all,

I’m new to this site but very interested in getting a hair transplant done to restore my hairline. It’s a little difficult finding reputable quality advice online since many clinics these days are investing in SEO and publishing fake reviews. I was hoping someone could speak to any experience with good doctors in the Chicago area? 

I don't know all the Chicago doctors but it is good to get multiple perspectives on your individual case. Try: 1)Chicago Hair Institue (Konior and Nadimi); 2)Dr Panine; and 3)Dr Keller.

Keller used to be recommended on here but I guess decided not to renew his membership.

Stay away from Katona and Yates.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

1 hour ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Is anyone familiar with Dr Carlos Puig and the International Hair Institute?

He's been around for years and started back in the old plug days.  Not seen any of his work but he's getting on a bit now.  I think there are better choices out there.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

Dr. Konior and Panine hands down. Check out our surgeon reviews section, there are two people who commented Matt and make hair great again that have posted recent reviews for Dr. Konior. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Konior’s work is very impressive and he seems really ethical. Getting a HT is a big decisions and today’s options have become very convoluted making it difficult to find gems among all the rubble 

• 4 months later...
On 6/5/2020 at 7:50 AM, Midwestkid0324 said:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Is anyone familiar with Dr Carlos Puig and the International Hair Institute?

I just saw Dr. Puig's consultant. She was nice but I learned that PUIG had some lawsuits and lives between Texas and Illinois. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, AD82 said:

I just saw Dr. Puig's consultant. She was nice but I learned that PUIG had some lawsuits and lives between Texas and Illinois. 

I’ve heard the same as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
19 hours ago, wantnghair60 said:

Re: Carlos Puig, FYI I’ve posted this before:

I was also looking for a good HT surgeon a few months ago and seriously considered Carlos Puig. I did some research online however [searched for doc’s name “Carlos J. Puig” online, read online reviews, etc], and found some very disturbing info on Puig….it seems that Carlos Puig has a very “checkered” past, here are the websites I found online:

So my advice before you choose ANY doctor [not just Puig], do a LOT of searches online to gather as much info as possible on the doctor.

Best of luck.

Why are you bumping old threads? If you have an axe to grind, create your own thread with pictures and proof. 

• Like 1

View my thread