Recovery time

If I get a ~1500 FUE procedure booked (I'm only a NW2 with a thinning hairline, just looking to bring in temples a bit and maybe dense the hairline) how long does it take to recover?  I don't mean how long it takes the new hair to grow, I mean how long does it take for signs of surgery to go away and your hair looking like pre surgery levels as my hair looks "ok" as is.

I am going to hide away and work remotely from an off season resort this fall after my procedure, just don't know if I should book one month or two before returning to civilization.  I have roomies and live a very public life, so no way I can go back to my town right after this surgery.  Plus I am kind of looking forward to a little vacation.

• Like 1

Hello,

Hope you are well.

After the surgery you will require at least 7 to 10 days for the complete healing of the wounds and the scabs to wash off. There could remain a reddish tinge on the skin of the recipient and the donor for a week or two. Because you are going in for only 1500 grafts, you will not have very obvious signs of surgery on your scalp. The hair growth will take time. The transplanted hair will shed off (or may not shed off; happens in some cases). The transplanted hair will start growing within 4 months and by 12 months you will have a full density. Your normal hair will start growing with the same pace as earlier so you will look fine within a short span of time.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

16 hours ago, Enhancer said:

If I get a ~1500 FUE procedure booked (I'm only a NW2 with a thinning hairline, just looking to bring in temples a bit and maybe dense the hairline) how long does it take to recover?  I don't mean how long it takes the new hair to grow, I mean how long does it take for signs of surgery to go away and your hair looking like pre surgery levels as my hair looks "ok" as is.

I am going to hide away and work remotely from an off season resort this fall after my procedure, just don't know if I should book one month or two before returning to civilization.  I have roomies and live a very public life, so no way I can go back to my town right after this surgery.  Plus I am kind of looking forward to a little vacation.

It really depends on your skin tone. If you have very pale skin like myself, you can potentially have redness in recipient area for months. If you would lower your hairline where theres almost no hair, they will shed and it will more obvious. + after shedding you might be left with random 10 hairs sticking and continue to grow.

Check out more pictures and videos of people with similar recipient area and their week by week progress.

Although I was completely bald in the front, you still can check some of my videos early after my surgery to get an idea what I'm talking about.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

I agree that 10-14 day of recovery is all that is needed for a patient to have a similar appearance to before the procedure. However, in patients who normally wear longer hair styles it may take longer to return to normal if they have a FUE procedure.