ugly duckling stage

jimmyT

hi and just to say this is an incredibly helpful forum 

i am seriously considering fue over fut but am concerned about the ugly duckling stage and going back to the office and meeting people for work etc and am trying to plan it out 

i see some clinics say that from 2 weeks you can go back but there is still redness, other testimonials appear to have redness in recipient area and two phases of growth between native and transplanted until 10-12 weeks at the least so is very obvious 

i don’t want to do fut but it does seem more discreet 

my question is does it make sense to get extended time off say 6-8 weeks and then go back to work and shave it down to even it out after 3-4 weeks ahead of going back. 

or do you just have to accept it’s going to be obvious as that’s part of the deal and tell people and expect the looks and questions ? 

i know it depends on size of HT and the persons skin tone etc but any advice would be brilliant 

thanks 

In our practice, after one week of FUE, the skin is nearly normal, both in donor and recipient areas. 
So, most of the people, however sensitive might be about discreetness, are back to work by one week. 
In very few cases the erythema (slight pinkishness) stays till 10 days, of the job was a bigger one, let’s say more than 4000-5000 grafts.

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

I'd give yourself a lot of wiggle room as people have different reactions in both the donor and recipient. You need to plan at least two weeks to get the scabs and peeling to be gone from the recipient and then the redness will persist for months. For the donor, you need to anticipate how long it will take to grow back and then shock loss is a real possibility.

Even I had a long long long long looonnnngggggg ugly duckling phase. I started to notice the initiation of the growth. And then a good amount of density was achieved by the 14th month. But I did manage to keep my hair presentable by literally forcing my hair stylist to perform impossible tasks with regards to my hair. But what you can do is enjoy the time when you see your gradual change in appearance. Its a journey to a complete enhancement in aesthetics and we can enjoy every step of the way.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• 2 weeks later...

Unless I’ve missed something, I do not think it matters whether you do FUE or FUT.  I just did FUE approximately 50 days ago.  I still have some redness in the recipient area, but after about a week it was hard to notice.  The good news is your transplanted hair sticks around for a couple weeks when the redness is the worst.

I think the biggest determining factor is the amount of work you had done, how many graphs, and also the quality of the surgeon.

In my case, I would say that I looked “undetectable “after about a week. My hair still looks bald/bad 50 days in, but it doesn’t look like I’ve had a hair transplant. In other words, take a week off and you should be fine, two weeks should be more than sufficient.

You can use hair fibers after a few weeks in moderation and I’ve found that helpful.  

thanks everyone, i’m looking at  4000 grafts and i’d expect redness for a few weeks...i’ve seen pics where recipient is still red / pink up to about week 12 so i just wanted to check on when i could practically go back to work without it being too obvious. i would probably shave it and cut recipient down after a few weeks or else use fibers 

• Administrators

Check out this video I made on the subject

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.