giegnosiganoe

Dating while using concealers?

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s similar to girls wearing mascara, they apply it to make their eye lashes look thicker.

Yeah I get that. It's much more acceptable these days for men to be doing something to look better than it was 30+ years ago when I was losing my hair. Back then you would be laughed at and made fun of by just about everyone.

8 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Yeah I get that. It's much more acceptable these days for men to be doing something to look better than it was 30+ years ago when I was losing my hair. Back then you would be laughed at and made fun of by just about everyone.

I really think it depends on how you tackle it, if you’re honest and you’re nonchalant like Jon Cryer, not much people can say, if you’re open and joke about it yourself. But if you’re hiding it and get exposed, I imagine it may not go over so well with some. 

A lot of things were taboo in the 80’s including hair transplants, that’s part of the reason why the industry was so venomous, even if you had a bad experience you wouldn’t tell anyone, that made it a no lose situation for scammers and con artists. I’m glad we’re evolving as a society, and I hope we continue to make strides.

Maybe in another 30 years people will be say “why did guys let themselves go bald, they should have worn concealer or got a hair transplant.”

• Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

11 hours ago, Taken4Granted said:

@Guanyu76

I used Tresemme, for no particular reason. I think it’s more about the process. I’d put in a coat, drop some spray, run my hands through my hair a bit, let it dry, break it up, add a little water, comb it a bit, drop in a little more toppik, a little more spray...

Working with it and gradually adding moisture/spray and toppik gave me a thick, durable result. It still looked good in the morning and left nothing on the pillow. I got caught in the rain a few times and had no problems. You just need to experiment. I only had trouble when I used it more to coat my scalp than to thicken my hair. That’s a dangerous game.

Tressemme hard hold is my go to, but if you really want nuclear staying power, use bed hed-hard head hair spray. You can dunk your head in water, nothing is coming out.

• Like 1

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Tressemme hard hold is my go to, but if you really want nuclear staying power, use bed hed-hard head hair spray. You can dunk your head in water, nothing is coming out.

Does the bed head come off with shampooing easily?

On 6/13/2020 at 3:55 PM, HTHope said:

Does the bed head come off with shampooing easily?

It comes off, but not that easily.