HLC Ankara 2100 FU (10-11, jen, 2020)

I got my ht in Akara in January , 10 th and 11 th 2020.
I was in Ankara because I was going to get my Ht with Kaan Pekiner. I planned  2500/3000 grafts in 2 days (6-7 Jan).
As many of you know, after 189 extractions, Pekiner aborted the op, saying I had miniaturized grafts.
So, I decided to visit HLC the 7.
I explained what happened and I asked to extract some grafts to check if they were healthy.
I really liked dr Ozgur: he was smart, funny and confident.He paid a lot of attention to my case. He visited me with all the other doctors in the clinic.
They extracted 7 grafts, they said my grafts were ok so I decided. to give them try.
(For the record, I sent the dame days my tricopsocy images to bruno Ferreira and he also said my grafts were healthy. I will never be able to show how much I appreciated his diagnosis and I will go into deeper details in the next future).

The very hard part was the hairline design because I pekiner shaved my head  and because he said that my grafts were weak and he supposed that they weren't going to grow so I was scared to be very aggressive.
So I went for a conservative hairline.

The op:
day 1: Dr. Ozgur made the extractions the first day (about 900 grafts) and dr Ali made. the insertions. 
I suppose that dr Ozgur wanted to be sure that my grafts were ok.
day 2: Dr Ali made both extractions and insertions.

In my humble opinion, that used a lot of grafts for a such small area. 
They calculalted 41 cm2, 50 UF/cm2, 2050 UF.
Anyway, if you see the pics, I had my native hairs for about 20 cm2 so something doesn't add up.

Post Op customer care: it is their weakest point.
They do not contact the patients to ask if everything is ok and they barely answer to the email.
I suppose this is because they know their job ...but for me it wasn't easy.

Before. op I was using:
finasteride 1mg/die
topical minoxidil 6ml/die
locoidon 1 ml/3 times per week
dermoroller 1/week
nizoral

After the HT, I started to. use oral minoxidil.
As you can see, it improved a lot my hair density and thickness. It is incredible. 

At 4,5, I'm happy with the result. Hope it will improve in the next future.

Pics taken at
day 0
day 10
day 45
day 60
day 75
day 90
day 120
day 135

99341670_255278432204145_1677932817901682688_n.jpg

99297573_634523117406431_1623860180372422656_n.jpg

Edited by duchaine
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

@duchaine It looks really natural, I am happy for you 

thanks buddy.
If it was 0,5/1cm lower...I was ok for the next future :D
anyway, as someone says "density is the key factor" and I can say that my density really improved.

Edited by duchaine
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Everything looks really good man, i'm glad you got the results you deserve.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 minutes ago, duchaine said:

thanks buddy.
If it was 0,5/1cm lower...I was ok for the next future :D
anyway, as someone says "density is the key factor" and I can say that my density really improved.

Everything turned out for the best, good thing HLC had a spot for you on short notice otherwise it would have been unfortunate to fly to Turkey and get rejected before surgery and it seems like Pekiner stops the surgery if there is 1% risk and it seems like he made the wrong decision on this one

20 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Everything looks really good man, i'm glad you got the results you deserve.

Thanks Melvin!
So sorry I've been here for a while but after my HT  I thought that the best thing for me was to take a break from the hair industry and wait...I just waited!

21 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Everything turned out for the best, good thing HLC had a spot for you on short notice otherwise it would have been unfortunate to fly to Turkey and get rejected before surgery and it seems like Pekiner stops the surgery if there is 1% risk and it seems like he made the wrong decision on this one

HLC guys had ...balls!
They accepted the challenge...if I had a poor result, it was a very bad advertisement for them!

Edited by duchaine

@duchaine I’m so happy for you my friend! Your results look amazing and you still have many more months of new growth!

My friend Gonçalo that also was rejected from Pekiner in December had his 3210 grafts HT las week with @Dr. Bruno Ferreira and he’s also super happy! 

Pekiner takes zero risks and in the end this will hurt his reputation even if he’s getting good results. 

Keep posting your results as I will follow your thread closely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@duchaine I’m so happy for you my friend! Your results look amazing and you still have many more months of new growth!

My friend Gonçalo that also was rejected from Pekiner in December had his 3210 grafts HT las week with @Dr. Bruno Ferreira and he’s also super happy! 

Pekiner takes zero risks and in the end this will hurt his reputation even if he’s getting good results. 

Keep posting your results as I will follow your thread closely.

Thanks for your support, @Portugal25!
I have many doubts that Pekiner aborted my Ht because he thought my grafts were weak.
Really happy to hear that Concalo good hits surgery with @Dr. Bruno Ferreira ...
I'm planning to lower my hairline next year and he is in my top 3.

2 hours ago, 83mjs said:

Hey @duchaine thanks for posting man. Happy for you the results look good so far!

Can you expose the hairline to show the density there?

Sure!
I'll try to post my pics in the afternoon.

For the record, today I had my first haircut.
My barber didn't believe I had an HT and he just thought that PRP was working very well!

That means 2 things, 1 good and 1 bad.
the good one: my HL is very natural
the bad one: I didn't have any drastically change! :(

Just now, duchaine said:

Sure!
I'll try to post my pics in the afternoon.

For the record, today I had my first haircut.
My barber didn't believe I had an HT and he just thought that PRP was working very well!

That means 2 things, 1 good and 1 bad.
the good one: my HL is very natural
the bad one: I didn't have any drastically change! :(

I know what you mean. The way Dr Ozgur deisgned my hairline is conservative. I think this is for the best though, long term, as it has 2 benefits:

1. You won't look silly when you're 60 years old with a teenage hairline
  2. You don't use up too much donor on creating a teenage hairline

I think based on the photos you posted here you've had a huge improvement

Also they do say, don't they, the best hair transplants are undetectable. So I would say that's a huge compliment really. You don't look like you're balding, and you don't look like you had a HT 😎

12 hours ago, Abi28 said:

good thing HLC had a spot for you on short notice 

Ozgur created a spot for me. The first day they were totally booked so he and Dr Ali worked late on night for me.
Really glad for what they did.
PS: they considered that I spent a lot of money to delete my flight and bought a new one (and I stayed in Ankara 10 days), so they gave me a discount (I didn't ask for it)

Edited by duchaine

5 hours ago, 83mjs said:

I know what you mean. The way Dr Ozgur deisgned my hairline is conservative. I think this is for the best though, long term, as it has 2 benefits:

1. You won't look silly when you're 60 years old with a teenage hairline
  2. You don't use up too much donor on creating a teenage hairline

I think based on the photos you posted here you've had a huge improvement

Also they do say, don't they, the best hair transplants are undetectable. So I would say that's a huge compliment really. You don't look like you're balding, and you don't look like you had a HT 😎

I can’t ser a great difference from before ht.

hope that increased density will help with long hair!

BE6BCB52-6F79-4FD7-8B4E-6442D6625202.jpeg

Really - you don’t see a big difference? From the photos you put in the first post it looks like you’ve had substantial early growth! Although, the hair is much longer than it was pre HT so maybe that is helping with the illusion here?

It’s hard to see exactly what’s going on at the hairline as the photo is somewhat blurry but I think it’s growing in nicely...still early days too!

1 hour ago, 83mjs said:

Really - you don’t see a big difference? From the photos you put in the first post it looks like you’ve had substantial early growth! Although, the hair is much longer than it was pre HT so maybe that is helping with the illusion here?

It’s hard to see exactly what’s going on at the hairline as the photo is somewhat blurry but I think it’s growing in nicely...still early days too!

The hairline is growing nicely, as you said.
IMHO the problem is poor hairline design.
At 10 months (with. longer hair and at about 80% of new growth) I'll decide if I need to lower the hairline another little bit.

I used my first HT to check my grafts quality!
this. is why I went very conservative.
I thought "if hair growth will be poor, I'll cover transplanted hair with. my natives!"

On 6/2/2020 at 6:30 AM, duchaine said:

I got my ht in Akara in January , 10 th and 11 th 2020.
I was in Ankara because I was going to get my Ht with Kaan Pekiner. I planned  2500/3000 grafts in 2 days (6-7 Jan).
As many of you know, after 189 extractions, Pekiner aborted the op, saying I had miniaturized grafts.
So, I decided to visit HLC the 7.
I explained what happened and I asked to extract some grafts to check if they were healthy.
I really liked dr Ozgur: he was smart, funny and confident.He paid a lot of attention to my case. He visited me with all the other doctors in the clinic.
They extracted 7 grafts, they said my grafts were ok so I decided. to give them try.
(For the record, I sent the dame days my tricopsocy images to bruno Ferreira and he also said my grafts were healthy. I will never be able to show how much I appreciated his diagnosis and I will go into deeper details in the next future).

The very hard part was the hairline design because I pekiner shaved my head  and because he said that my grafts were weak and he supposed that they weren't going to grow so I was scared to be very aggressive.
So I went for a conservative hairline.

The op:
day 1: Dr. Ozgur made the extractions the first day (about 900 grafts) and dr Ali made. the insertions. 
I suppose that dr Ozgur wanted to be sure that my grafts were ok.
day 2: Dr Ali made both extractions and insertions.

In my humble opinion, that used a lot of grafts for a such small area. 
They calculalted 41 cm2, 50 UF/cm2, 2050 UF.
Anyway, if you see the pics, I had my native hairs for about 20 cm2 so something doesn't add up.

Post Op customer care: it is their weakest point.
They do not contact the patients to ask if everything is ok and they barely answer to the email.
I suppose this is because they know their job ...but for me it wasn't easy.

Before. op I was using:
finasteride 1mg/die
topical minoxidil 6ml/die
locoidon 1 ml/3 times per week
dermoroller 1/week
nizoral

After the HT, I started to. use oral minoxidil.
As you can see, it improved a lot my hair density and thickness. It is incredible. 

At 4,5, I'm happy with the result. Hope it will improve in the next future.

Pics taken at
day 0
day 10
day 45
day 60
day 75
day 90
day 120
day 135

99341670_255278432204145_1677932817901682688_n.jpg

99297573_634523117406431_1623860180372422656_n.jpg

Congratulations on your transformation.

• Like 1

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.