• Administrators

Here's a little tutorial I made for you guys, i've gotten some questions about how to use DermMatch, I hope this clears things up for you guys.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So much PRODUCT!  Probably your best video on concealers yet.  You should wear a bandana to bed or do you have like 50 black pillowcases?  Juse messin' with you 'cause when my hair is longer and I do dermatch my process is similar for days when I want my hair to look better.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, jjsrader said:

So much PRODUCT!  Probably your best video on concealers yet.  You should wear a bandana to bed or do you have like 50 black pillowcases?  Juse messin' with you 'cause when my hair is longer and I do dermatch my process is similar for days when I want my hair to look better.

That is the drawback 😂 my pillowcase gets black. Here’s a little protip though, wash your hair with conditioner at night, it keeps most of the dermmatch in, but saves your pillowcases. In the morning you can top off with a tiny bit of fibers. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

Just curious Melvin, but have you ever grown out your donor? And if so what does it look like?

I did in my quarantine hair cut tutorial. I really hate how it looks when it gets ‘puffy’ part of the reason why I chose FUE, even though FUT would’ve been better in my case.

• Like 1

View my thread

I'm a DermMatch fan too, although I don't use it every day. A shortcut I've used before, is to just rub the disc on my dry hair/scalp, then comb it through. I'm not sure if it's waterproof when applied that way (I haven't tested it by going swimming or getting caught in the rain), but it's worked well for me. Even applied that way, it seems to stay in my hair better than hair fibers.

Edited by Damifino
  • Like 1

Melvin I’ve never used this product but I deal with scalp issues so I need to wash daily. Do you wash your hair daily when you use this? Any specific shampoo you need to use to get it off well? Also, how do you apply minoxidil when using derm match?

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, HTHope said:

Melvin I’ve never used this product but I deal with scalp issues so I need to wash daily. Do you wash your hair daily when you use this? Any specific shampoo you need to use to get it off well? Also, how do you apply minoxidil when using derm match?

Definitely wash your hair if you use this, I’ve noticed that three days of me leaving dermmatch in, I’ll get itching and redness. I use regular shampoo, nothing fancy.

View my thread

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Damifino said:

I'm a DermMatch fan too, although I don't use it every day. A shortcut I've used before, is to just rub the disc on my dry hair/scalp, then comb it through. I'm not sure if it's waterproof when applied that way (I haven't tested it by going swimming or getting caught in the rain), but it's worked well for me. Even applied that way, it seems to stay in my hair better than hair fibers.

I have an old video where I actually went in the pool and dunked my head around 7 times. It doesn’t come out at all. 

• Like 1

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Definitely wash your hair if you use this, I’ve noticed that three days of me leaving dermmatch in, I’ll get itching and redness. I use regular shampoo, nothing fancy.

Thanks Melvin. How do you apply minoxidil with using dermmatch?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, HTHope said:

Thanks Melvin. How do you apply minoxidil with using dermmatch?

I usually apply minoxidil after I wash it out with conditioner. 

• Like 1

View my thread