Two FUE session timining

Hi Folks,

This is my first post here although I have been visiting this forum since 2010. I am now (Norwood 5v) ready to take the plunge and currently doing my due diligence with a selected few clinics.

To be consistent with all clinics, I am providing each with the same photos, videos and all the required information. I have now consulates two clinics:

1) Euginex : They came across very open, honest and passionate about their work and recommended 5000 graft to cover my frontal and crown over two consecutive days....assuming 2500 grafts per day.

2) Dr. Bruno Ferreira: Took time to review my photos and videos and provided a detail analysis. Recommendation is 6000 grafts. 3000 graft in one session for frontal then five months gap and then another 3000 grafts for crown. 

I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I would like to know the benefit of leaving five months between two session as opposed to two session back to back. Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers!!!

Screenshot_20200527-192929.jpg

• Administrators

The logic may be to see how your donor area has recovered. To be honest, I don’t really see any benefit in waiting five months. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5-6k grafts in one go is a big surgery. I would guess bruno doesn’t want to stress or harm the donor in any way. He follows lorenzos logic/pattern as he trained under him. Personally, I would go the slow and steady route starting with the frontal area the first surgery and then doing the crown in the second. Eugenix is a great clinic however and they are doing some large cases successfully 

1 hour ago, experion said:

Hi Folks,

This is my first post here although I have been visiting this forum since 2010. I am now (Norwood 5v) ready to take the plunge and currently doing my due diligence with a selected few clinics.

To be consistent with all clinics, I am providing each with the same photos, videos and all the required information. I have now consulates two clinics:

1) Euginex : They came across very open, honest and passionate about their work and recommended 5000 graft to cover my frontal and crown over two consecutive days....assuming 2500 grafts per day.

2) Dr. Bruno Ferreira: Took time to review my photos and videos and provided a detail analysis. Recommendation is 6000 grafts. 3000 graft in one session for frontal then five months gap and then another 3000 grafts for crown. 

I am sorry if this question has been asked before but I would like to know the benefit of leaving five months between two session as opposed to two session back to back. Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers!!!

Screenshot_20200527-192929.jpg

Forgot to mention another difference between the two clinics. Eugenix have recommended 4000 scalp + 1000 beard while Dr Bruno will extract 6000 from the scalp only.

I would prefer all grafts from the scalp. Unless, is there somebpoint that I am missing and it would be beneficial for both scalp and beard. Cheers.

@experion you have to understand that you are comparing two totally different approaches/techniques.

Dr. Bruno does the whole surgery himself (with nurses assisting) using a technique called DHI in which he extracts the 2500 grafts and then places each 2500 graft inside a Lion implator pen that punches the hole and implants the graft at the same. A surgeon doing this move 2500 times/grafts in one day with the correct angle and location takes time.

Eugenix do a technique called DHT in which Dr. Arika first opens all the 2500 holes and only after does she call in the tech team to extract and implant the grafts in the holes she determined. They do both extracting and implantation almost at the same time meaning that the graft stays out of the body for maximum of 30m but I’m personally not fond of open holes for hours because that means they have to be wider (they start closing immediately after being open). 
This technique demands less from the surgeon because the techs are doing part of the surgery so more grafts can be implanted in one day. 

I consider DHI to be a much more advanced technique but regardless of technique what matters is the results a doctor can achieve.

A bad doctor using a great technique will still get you a bad result.

@Portugal25 Thanks mate...I have approached Dr. Bruno only after getting positively influenced by your recommendation in this forum and your conviction. I need to get the right balance between good Doctor and technicians + good technique + fair price.

What do you think about the scalp + beard and scalp only bit?

@experion I had no choice other than to resort to beard grafts if I wanted decent density in my crown.

If I had the chance to rebuild my crown without using beard grafts I wouldn’t hesitate.

Beard grafts are always single grafts not like scalp grafts that can be single, doubles, triples and quadruples so scalp grafts will always provide a more denser and natural cover. 

I believe beard grafts should preferably be used in conjunction with scalp grafts and only in the crown and midscalp.

For people with depleted donor area beard grafts is the way to go to rebuild the crown. 

Dr. BF is more conservative using beard grafts than HLC or Pekiner that both do mega session of up to 1900 beard grafts in 1 day. This was the only reason why I chose Pekiner instead of Dr. BF as I really was depending on beard grafts to get more density.