FUE question

I'm scheduled for a 3,000 graft FUE

I also have irritable bowel syndrome and I'm not always comfortable lying on my stomach for long periods of time.

IBS causes stomach cramps, bloating.....etc in case you didnt know.

Is this going to be  a problem, or is it doable??

I'm not familiar enough with IBS to give you specific advice but I'd highly recommend you run this by your surgeon before hand. They can likely give you some meds that might help or give you the OK to continue taking any meds you may take to control your IBS. From my experience you are lying down flat on your stomach a portion of the surgery, not the entirety. The other times they had me shift to lay on my side (I don't know if this will help you or not). And during implantation they had me laying on my back at about a 45 degree angle. Who is your surgeon?

• Administrators

I believe IBS can be helped with a diet. You may want to let the surgeon know about dietary requirements. I sat up at 45 degree angle for my last two procedures. I didn’t lay on my stomach at all. It’s definitely not necessary. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I believe IBS can be helped with a diet. You may want to let the surgeon know about dietary requirements. I sat up at 45 degree angle for my last two procedures. I didn’t lay on my stomach at all. It’s definitely not necessary. 

I'm currently on Fodmap diet, but that only controls it.  It doesnt cure.

There are no medications you can take to cure it either, you can only take drugs that lessen the symptoms.

Thanks for posting about 45 degree angle. I'm gonna ask my surgeon about that.

I'm assuming you were lying face down, right??

Edited by Westview

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Westview said:

I'm currently on Fodmap diet, but that only controls it.  It doesnt cure.

There are no medications you can take to cure it either, you can only take drugs that lessen the symptoms.

Thanks for posting about 45 degree angle. I'm gonna ask my surgeon about that.

I'm assuming you were lying face down, right??

No, I was in a 45 degree angle sitting position. The reason why I mention dietary needs is because they feed you lunch during the procedure. Unfortunately, it’s usually burgers or pizza stuff that may irritate your stomach. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

No, I was in a 45 degree angle sitting position. The reason why I mention dietary needs is because they feed you lunch during the procedure. Unfortunately, it’s usually burgers or pizza stuff that may irritate your stomach. 

Sitting position is even better. 

I'm gonna find out if my surgeon can offer that. If not, I might go somewhere else

Just got email back from my clinic, they said for a 3,000 FUE I will spend about 30 to 45 minutes on my stomach, and 8 hours in a sitting position.

Thats really good news, I can easily do 45 minutes on my stomach 🙂

Not 8 hours though, that would be too much.  I'll probably bring my own lunch too

Edited by Westview