Can you transplant facial hair from below to above the jawline?

My beard area above the jawline isn't that strong. The cheeks and connectors are a bit sparse. I wonder if you can transplant from below the jawline starting from the bottom-most neck area, to fill in any areas above the jawline? Given that I have light skin, if the grafts were taken from the neck area moving upward, I feel like scarring wouldn't be that noticeable? My facial hair would just start a inch or two higher up on the neck. Seems like a problem many men have, and a transplant seems doable, but I haven't heard anything about it.

Also, I have tried using minoxidil, but I didn't notice any new hairs. Not sure why some people get facial hair growth on it whereas others don't.

• Moderators

Yes. You can move some of the hair under your chin to other areas of your beard.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

We have done body hair and beard and not had issued of scarring. It can depend on many factors and I have met patients who have had extensive beard work elsewhere and seen white dots from the extractions, so there are variables.

We have done recently a case of removing from under the chin to placing above as you describe and I have the photos and no evidence of scars on them nor even has that been reported to me from the patient as an issue, but as of yet I am not able to share the photos but hope to be able to do so nearer the 12 month stage. 

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network