Why Does Everyone Comb Their Hair Up After Surgery

• Administrators

I’ve gotten this question a lot, here’s why. But in all seriousness, the caesar cut just isn’t popular right now. It has nothing to do with how the hair grows on the scalp. 

C918CCD8-FC52-467E-827F-AD6C0659E688.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It's after the shampoo? What other hairstyles can show the weaknesses of a hair trasplant? I confess that I'd like to get a similar haircut, but in my case perhaps it would be possible to do it

Edited by Struggle

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Struggle said:

It's after the shampoo? What other hairstyles can show the weaknesses of a hair trasplant? I confess that I'd like to get a similar haircut, but in my case perhaps it would be possible to do it

Yea outta the shower, my hair was a little damp. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

I thought it was because it provided the best illusion of density? For example in Couto's videos, literally every patient has that combed up hairstyle lol.

Nah, combing your hair up exposes the hairline more, and requires more density. Combing forward isn’t a popular style. It’s all about the pompadour and undercuts.

View my thread

• Moderators

It just happens to be a popular style on guys now. I imagine even more on some younger guys who have a new hairline from a hair transplant and been wanting to be able to comb their hair that way for a while and are tired of trying to hide their balding, receding, thinning hairline.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I would imagine it's about being able to. Certainly I am looking forward to being able to style my hair brushed back and exposing the hairline, god willing!

I am not sure about the brushed forward style not being popular last year the blunt crop was the hipster hairstyle

Certain styles like a pomp "a la Melvin" are timeless and never go out of style though!

• Administrators
On 5/23/2020 at 10:41 AM, 83mjs said:

I would imagine it's about being able to. Certainly I am looking forward to being able to style my hair brushed back and exposing the hairline, god willing!

I am not sure about the brushed forward style not being popular last year the blunt crop was the hipster hairstyle

Certain styles like a pomp "a la Melvin" are timeless and never go out of style though!

True peaky blinders style was very hipster

F5EB5C42-C9E2-400D-91A1-0149DD063243.jpeg

View my thread