On 7/25/2020 at 3:15 AM, gillenator said:

Why not just use a flattening iron...no chemicals involved

On 6/4/2020 at 2:40 AM, gillenator said:

Time and patience.

my  transplanted hair not getting support from exsiting hair behind told by doctor but i observed it is getting curved or curl on transplanted hair itself.so is it not getting support from transplanted hair itself because of curl?

57 minutes ago, Java77 said:

my  transplanted hair not getting support from exsiting hair behind told by doctor but i observed it is getting curved or curl on transplanted hair itself.so is it not getting support from transplanted hair itself because of curl?

it could be both.

if you are lacking density behind the transplanted hair then there is nothing there keeping your hair "in place".

Transplanted hair is also known to kink as @SprayPaint recently mentioned in his thread, and his hair is incredibly dense and uniform.

has anyone ever tried reducing the density of the transplanted hair to match that of the native behind it (either plucking or cutting close to the root)?

Im not saying its advisable at all, just wondering if people have experimented with this, and whether its reduces the kink

As we are both experiencing the same problem I decided to cut my hair down to a 2cm to see whether the kink was still there and just how much hair I had lost behind the transplanted hairline ... and to my surprise I havent lost much hair at all and the kink went away. So it seems the kink only occurs when I grow my hair long.

Similarly I didnt have this problem with FUT but only with my last FUE operation - which makes me think its the extra stress placed on the grafts with FUE thats the cause. Given we are both 16 months+ it looks like its permanent as well. Bloxham provides some insight about it in this thread;

Hope that helps

Edited by transplantedphil

Very interesting indeed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians:  Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY