Dr. Meshkin and Dr. Behnam No Longer Listed?

Hello everyone. So I was researching hair transplant surgeons for my third FUT procedure, and I noted that some websites list Dr. Meshkin as being part of the HairTransplantNetwork recommended physicians, but I don't see him on that list anymore on this website. Was he removed? Is that potentially a very bad thing, or does he still perform good work? 

Similar question concerning Dr. Sean Behnam, I see all kinds of glowing reviews for him on other sites and I believe I've seen him listed as a recommended physician here but he's no longer there. Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Dr. Meshkin was listed a long time ago, he's no longer listed. Dr. Behnam has never been listed on our site.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Alright, I could swear Dr. Behnam was listed but I guess not. But is Dr. Meshkin's removal tied to a decline in quality recently or something else? I'm really concerned but I do see good before/after pictures on his website and some good reviews on other websites but I do take into strong consideration a surgeon's listing on this website!

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Superteeth said:

Alright, I could swear Dr. Behnam was listed but I guess not. But is Dr. Meshkin's removal tied to a decline in quality recently or something else? I'm really concerned but I do see good before/after pictures on his website and some good reviews on other websites but I do take into strong consideration a surgeon's listing on this website!

Dr. Meshkin was removed way before I was ever a moderator, so I don't know for sure. Sounds like you're trying to stay in the So Cal area, I would definitely look at Dr. Mohebi if that's the case. That said, never let location be the deciding factor.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Certainly! I was considering Dr. Bhatti in India, and I live in Texas! However, Dr. Bhatti said I wasn't a good candidate, but I'm consulting with other surgeons in the US who are all offering treatment plans after consulting with me virtually so I'm not sure why Dr. Bhatti wasn't willing to operate on me.

Man, I really hope someone can chime in about the situation with Dr. Meshkin. It's one thing to not be listed in the first place, because it could be due to being generally unknown but not being listed isn't a death sentence because I'm sure there are plenty of surgeons who do good work that aren't listed, but being removed implies something went wrong...and if that's the case I'm crossing Dr. Meshkin off my list.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Superteeth said:

Certainly! I was considering Dr. Bhatti in India, and I live in Texas! However, Dr. Bhatti said I wasn't a good candidate, but I'm consulting with other surgeons in the US who are all offering treatment plans after consulting with me virtually so I'm not sure why Dr. Bhatti wasn't willing to operate on me.

Man, I really hope someone can chime in about the situation with Dr. Meshkin. It's one thing to not be listed in the first place, because it could be due to being generally unknown but not being listed isn't a death sentence because I'm sure there are plenty of surgeons who do good work that aren't listed, but being removed implies something went wrong...and if that's the case I'm crossing Dr. Meshkin off my list.

I don’t know why, doesn’t mean he’s bad. He may have asked to leave I don’t know. That said, make sure you choose a surgeon with a lot of real patient reviews, if you see none, that should be a red flag.

View my thread

Not sure why they would want to be removed, a lot of people come here for information and recommendations! But yeah, I'm just going to wait around and hope someone can chime in who knows the reason. Thanks for all your information, though.

Sean Behnam and his twin brother Ben are really nice guys. They treated me decently after a bad experience with another doctor in LA even though my appointments were always rushed.  I went to them for help because of their dermatological background. As for hair restoration I can’t tell you that I would trust them with that at all.

As for Meshkin, I don’t know anything about him other than I saw him get interviewed on the news after Kobe died because Kobe was his neighbor so he must make a ton of money to be living there.

I met Dr. Mohebi, a very nice guy but he didn’t really help me at all. He gladly took my money for the consultation fee though.

I would honestly avoid so cal completely if I were you and you don’t even live here so there’s no reason to focus on doctors here. 

Good luck.

Thanks, Sam818. I do see tons of great before/after pictures on Dr. Behnam's site, and he is a member of the ABHRS and the ISHRS, so he can't be horrible...but I am still doing more research!

• Administrators
Just now, Superteeth said:

Thanks, Sam818. I do see tons of great before/after pictures on Dr. Behnam's site, and he is a member of the ABHRS and the ISHRS, so he can't be horrible...but I am still doing more research!

ISHRS will accept any hair transplant surgeon. It’s an educational organization, they do not monitor quality. I would say definitely do more research and go by actual patient reviews, not the doctors website. Every surgeon will look great on their own site, but what about non-biased reviews? 

View my thread

Well, you learn something new every day! Didn't know that...what about ABHRS? I do see 100 5-star reviews on RealSelf.com, though.

Edit: I also see he has IAHRS certification.

Edited by Superteeth

• 7 months later...

Hello I just came across this thread. This forum basically recommends you for a fee. Most forums like this, if not all have membership fees. Everyone recommended pays a monthly fee, if you pay more you become a coalition member. 
I work with Dr Meshkin and we used to be affiliated with hair transplant net work. As part of membership we paid a monthly membership fee. We decided to discontinue because we felt this forum comes across as being fair without prejudice. However that is not true, the doctor commendations is not based on quality of work but rather if you pay your monthly dues or not. There are plenty of doctors who are not recommended because they don’t want to pay the fees but do excellent work.  We are surprised that they didn’t mention this when asked if we were removed for not doing quality job and dodge the question. 
we actually discontinued our membership because of the misrepresentation. Unfortunately they make it seem as if they removed the doctor because they don’t do quality work and This is completely untrue. We didn’t want to pay so they stopped our membership and didn’t recommend us. Just like any other doctor who is not listed here. It has nothing to do with our quality of work but rather pay for membership. 

Edited by Ameshkin