2000gr Przybylski (Poland) - poor growth :/ excessive bleeding

grycha

Hi,

I had ht about 7 months ago (2000 grafts = 1000gr on hairline + 1000gr above) and till now dont see good result.  To be honest I dont see any new hair and wondering if excessive bleeding during ht could be a reason of that cause I read that it may pop out transplanted grafts.

Last two pictures I marked green dots as old hairline and green line as new hairline. Between them should be new hair. As you can see on one side is about 15-25% of growth and other side just only 5%. Most of this % are grafts which didn't fall off after get riding scubs. The situation on both sides is the same since months, I didn't notice any new hair since than. They cant be in sleep mode that long. Question is : can excessive bleeding during operation cause such state ? Can it cause a ht failure ? Only that comes to my mind. But during my first ht 5 years ago (dr Demirsoy) I also had exces. bleeding and I had a lot of new hair after 7 months. Please help cause I am loosing my mind :/

IMG-20191101-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20191101-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20191101-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20191101-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20191101-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20191101-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20191101-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20191101-WA0016.jpg

lewa strona.jpg

prawa strona.jpg

Edited by grycha

Typically hair starts coming in at 4 months. The shaft of the hair is very, very fine.  At about 6 months you can start seeing a slight difference.  At a year is when you can see a matured result.  But there are cases in which results do not mature until about 18 mo. post op.  So ,the first thing to consider is to wait.  But....

I would schedule periodic appointments with the clinic that did the work.  That way they can not say that you never followed up to any of your scheduled appointments.  The second thing I would do is to keep taking photos, say every 3 months so you and the clinic can keep a record of what's happening. 

Are you doing any type of medical therapy?

Nah, you do't need to wait

Yes, you had excessive bleeding for sure.

I am sorry you had poor growth. There are options to fix this

I have had 10 FUE surgeries already. How is your donor looking?

3 hours ago, mustang said:

Nah, you do't need to wait

Yes, you had excessive bleeding for sure.

I am sorry you had poor growth. There are options to fix this

I have had 10 FUE surgeries already. How is your donor looking?

But I rather would like to know if excess. bleeding can be a cause of ht failure or it rather impossible to spoil in hands of good surgeon ?  Its strange cause during my previous ht a had also bleedeing and got nice growth after 3 months. The only hope is waiting as LaserCap said in some cases growth is late and the full result is till 18 months.

Mustang my donor is quite good, I think there is still 1500-2000gr to use but I will be very angry if those gafts from the last ht are wasted. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hard to tell. I am rather focusing on area between green dots and line cause there you can clearly notice a progress and as you can see its a poor growth and from that date I didn't notice any new hair there which is 3 months post

I feel like excessive bleeding doesn’t get talked about enough. I think it is a contrIbuting factor. You probably had Grafts popping because of it. They may have even missed some holes...I mean take a look at your post op images can you see every single graft placed 100%? No because it is too bloody. Top clinics will spray with saline between graft placing to avoid this. They will also not make all the incisions at once or at the very least change the game plan if they have a patient who is bleeding a lot. I’m sure you had a lot of heavy scabs to deal with. Did the doctor just make all the incisions and leave you to the mercy of the techs placing all the grafts?

• Administrators

Excessive bleeding could be due to drinking tea or alcohol too close to surgery, as well as some medications. Did you drink coffee prior to surgery? I don’t believe excessive bleeding has much to do with the surgeon.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.