Sign in to follow this  
Nugget

Dr Lorenzo or Dr Couto?

Hi guys,

If you were to choose out of those 2 doctors which one would you think about going to? Dr Lorenzo or Dr Couto.
Sorry for asking! I'm really keen to get this done by the best. Thanks so much..

• Like 1

@Nugget I believe Dr. Couto is fully booked for next 12 months (maybe even longer but do call to confirm and let us know). 

Dr. Lorenzo is delegating surgeries to the other Doctor at the clinic Dr. Bruno Ferreira. You can go directly to Dr. Bruno Ferreira own clinic in Porto and pay 2.5€/graft instead of paying 5/€graft at Dr. Lorenzo Madrid clinic and still have Dr. Bruno do your surgery. 

Yeh I’ve contacted both. Waiting for a reply. 

I had a procedure with Lorenzo myself and had a very average/sub par result. He does 3-4 patients a day so it’s a bit rushed. Couto seems to do more with less grafts and with more precision. His recipients look very good post surgery. However, Lorenzo has more cases posted online than any doctor I’ve seen. Couto likely only posts his homeruns on his YouTube.

lorenzo has some of the best crown work but his hairlines are quite generic. Couto has hairline design down to an art imo.

coutos waiting list is insane (5+ years last I heard) and Lorenzo can likely get u in about 6 months.

If I had to do my case over again I’d probably go to Freitas, HLC, or wong/hasson.

1 hour ago, LonelyGraft said:

I had a procedure with Lorenzo myself and had a very average/sub par result. He does 3-4 patients a day so it’s a bit rushed. Couto seems to do more with less grafts and with more precision. His recipients look very good post surgery. However, Lorenzo has more cases posted online than any doctor I’ve seen. Couto likely only posts his homeruns on his YouTube.

lorenzo has some of the best crown work but his hairlines are quite generic. Couto has hairline design down to an art imo.

coutos waiting list is insane (5+ years last I heard) and Lorenzo can likely get u in about 6 months.

If I had to do my case over again I’d probably go to Freitas, HLC, or wong/hasson.

Yeh? Ok mate. I will send an email to Wong / Hasson. See what they say..so many choices...I hate this :(

20 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Nugget I believe Dr. Couto is fully booked for next 12 months (maybe even longer but do call to confirm and let us know). 

Dr. Lorenzo is delegating surgeries to the other Doctor at the clinic Dr. Bruno Ferreira. You can go directly to Dr. Bruno Ferreira own clinic in Porto and pay 2.5€/graft instead of paying 5/€graft at Dr. Lorenzo Madrid clinic and still have Dr. Bruno do your surgery. 

I don't want to interrupt this conversation, but just my 2 cents on this comment.
Dr. Ferreira told me during my surgery that while he is working in Dr. Lorenzo's clinic he MUST follow his guidelines, while in Porto he is/might be using different approaches. (don't ask me for specifics, I'm just repeating what Dr. Ferreira told me). I would still say surgery under Lorenzo's supervision in my opinion is better/safer than without as he has much more experience in different situations. Like they say, 2 heads are better than 1. Not to discredit Dr. Ferreira, he is fantastic surgeon and I'm over the moon so far with what I've got, but purely from perspective point of view, if I had this 2 choices, I would go for Dr. Lorenzo's clinic.

35 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

I don't want to interrupt this conversation, but just my 2 cents on this comment.
Dr. Ferreira told me during my surgery that while he is working in Dr. Lorenzo's clinic he MUST follow his guidelines, while in Porto he is/might be using different approaches. (don't ask me for specifics, I'm just repeating what Dr. Ferreira told me). I would still say surgery under Lorenzo's supervision in my opinion is better/safer than without as he has much more experience in different situations. Like they say, 2 heads are better than 1. Not to discredit Dr. Ferreira, he is fantastic surgeon and I'm over the moon so far with what I've got, but purely from perspective point of view, if I had this 2 choices, I would go for Dr. Lorenzo's clinic.

Thanks mate. Waiting for his reply..

On 5/17/2020 at 7:16 AM, Nugget said:

Hi guys,

If you were to choose out of those 2 doctors which one would you think about going to? Dr Lorenzo or Dr Couto.
Sorry for asking! I'm really keen to get this done by the best. Thanks so much..

It´s a tough choice for sure. Bot are amazing doctors. What I see is that Lorenzo was the man back in the days and now Couto is the "new" Magician.
From what you see on their YouTube:

- Lorenzo just posts every single one of his cases, he has more than 800 videos and 13.000 Subscribers and you will see a lot of everything, some are great and some so so...

- Couto has by far the best cases, he has around 65 videos on YouTube with almost 45.000 Subscribers on his Channel... if he can get 800 videos and they are so great as the first 65, there would never be a discussion anymore that Dr Couto is the best hair transplant surgeon in the world...

But, it´s not an easy choice between 2 of the best in the world... let see what they tell you about their availability.

Last video by Couto

Last video by Lorenzo

11 hours ago, OliverAtom said:

It´s a tough choice for sure. Bot are amazing doctors. What I see is that Lorenzo was the man back in the days and now Couto is the "new" Magician.
From what you see on their YouTube:

- Lorenzo just posts every single one of his cases, he has more than 800 videos and 13.000 Subscribers and you will see a lot of everything, some are great and some so so...

- Couto has by far the best cases, he has around 65 videos on YouTube with almost 45.000 Subscribers on his Channel... if he can get 800 videos and they are so great as the first 65, there would never be a discussion anymore that Dr Couto is the best hair transplant surgeon in the world...

But, it´s not an easy choice between 2 of the best in the world... let see what they tell you about their availability.

Last video by Couto

Last video by Lorenzo

Thanks mate. Still waiting for a reply. I'm really leaning towards HLC now....