I was about 18 in the below pic with the green shirt which was taken a little under a year ago. But the thing is, this clearly looks like a receding hairline to me, but I haven't noticed a noticeable recession almost at all since then. I uploaded a pic of my hairline today but it's hard to tell the exact amount of recession since I shaved my head. As you could see, it still looks more or less fine. My father struggled with MPB in my family starting around the same age as me, but that's about the only case.

I guess what I am wondering is: is it possible that this could be a mature hairline, or just a really slow receding hairline?

sW6IYvBQ.jpeg

r_FmSFSQ.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be honest with you, your hairline is receding not maturing, also the top of your head and crown looks like it’s thinning, your be bald before your 30 unless you get on medication asap

Edited by TheRealist

You are young and already showing an early 5A pattern.  Visit with a doctor and discuss medical therapies.  (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP).  These are the modalities we typically refer to when discussing this debilitating condition.  Use them for a year and reassess.