FUT 2400 Grafts 2nd Procedure

DMJr

Hey everyone, 

New to the forums and have some general questions because I’m a newbie about all of this. My first procedure didn’t go so well, had a lot of blank spots and bad density. Just finished a second procedure with another 2,400 grats. Surgeon re-did second procedure at half the cost. 

I’m now at 6 days. Is shedding this early on normal? I’ve been instructed to not wash head under a shower until the 8th day, only the sponge squeezing method from days 4-7. 

There’s some lines already being seen in the head that look like track marks, is this also normal? I haven’t touched grafts and have been extremely careful, head sleeping has been elevated, etc. 

thanks! 

2916B7D7-EA88-447D-8BDD-F33A3149DEE1.jpeg

21 minutes ago, DMJr said:

My first procedure didn’t go so well, had a lot of blank spots and bad density.

How many grafts did you have during the 1st procedure and is there a reason why you went back to the same doctor since your 1st didn't go so well?

21 minutes ago, DMJr said:

There’s some lines already being seen in the head that look like track marks, is this also normal?

It's normal, it's mainly because of the way this doctor inserts the grafts in rows, there are a few posts like this asking the same question but this is normal don't worry too much.

35 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Let me guess: Dr. Diep 😉

It looks all normal, do not be worried. 

Oh Wow, how did you know that? Haha.. And okay, thanks -

25 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

How many grafts did you have during the 1st procedure and is there a reason why you went back to the same doctor since your 1st didn't go so well?

It's normal, it's mainly because of the way this doctor inserts the grafts in rows, there are a few posts like this asking the same question but this is normal don't worry too much.

Hi Abi, my first procedure I had 2600 Grafts. I've always had thick hair but a higher hair line. The first procedure didn't go well mostly with staff. They put tape directly on side grafts which pulled out grafts. I also felt the procedure was rushed and only lasted eight hours. I was over sedated and the whole procedure just felt choppy. The FUT strip also wasn't cut off in a fashion manner, it felt pulled and tugged. I was upset about a lot of this. However, Dr.Diep has great results with patients, five star ratings and the photos of thousands of patients to back his work. He offered a second procedure for only half the cost. I only spent $5,000 this time around. I was there for 12 hours and the process was very, very smooth this time around. I'm hoping this is the last time and I get the hairline and density desired, which I think I will this time around. 

How do you think the hairline looks? 

Much thanks.

32 minutes ago, DMJr said:

Hi Abi, my first procedure I had 2600 Grafts. I've always had thick hair but a higher hair line. The first procedure didn't go well mostly with staff. They put tape directly on side grafts which pulled out grafts. I also felt the procedure was rushed and only lasted eight hours. I was over sedated and the whole procedure just felt choppy. The FUT strip also wasn't cut off in a fashion manner, it felt pulled and tugged. I was upset about a lot of this. However, Dr.Diep has great results with patients, five star ratings and the photos of thousands of patients to back his work. He offered a second procedure for only half the cost. I only spent $5,000 this time around. I was there for 12 hours and the process was very, very smooth this time around. I'm hoping this is the last time and I get the hairline and density desired, which I think I will this time around. 

How do you think the hairline looks? 

Much thanks.

That's very unfortunate but I am glad your second procedure was better, I think your hairline looks decent, it's too early to tell. I hope everything turns out great, keep us updated, it will be interesting to see how your hair will look in the next 4-6 months, best of luck.

5 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

The way the grafts are planted in the hairline...only one clinic is doing that. 

Out of curiosity, can you elaborate on that more? When you say the way the grafts are planted. What's being done different then others in the industry? For such a large industry I'm surprised you'd call that out that easily.

Just now, DMJr said:

Out of curiosity, can you elaborate on that more? When you say the way the grafts are planted. What's being done different then others in the industry? For such a large industry I'm surprised you'd call that out that easily.

Diep has a unique way of implanting the grafts, he implants them in rows, it's easy to tell from the pictures but don't stress too much, you will be fine.

1 minute ago, Abi28 said:

Diep has a unique way of implanting the grafts, he implants them in rows, it's easy to tell from the pictures but don't stress too much, you will be fine.

Impressive. Thanks for the insight! I feel much better about the issues addressed up above.

15 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Looks normal to me! I hope you get the density you were looking for this time.

Do you have any before pics?

Hi Giegnose,Thanks for the input! And here's a picture my hairline before my first procedure. I've always had lots of hair but the temples and top was high to me. I didn't pull back quite all the way, but best pic I could find.

unnamedECF4DL21.jpg

13 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

How did your fut scar look after your first surgery? What was the lowest grade you could shave to?

Hi Lonelygraft, The scar after my first surgery was not much bigger the a centimeter. However, I couldn't trim my hair shorter then a 3 to a 3 1/2. 3 was barley noticeable. 3 1/2 was very good, and 4 was the perfect side cut. I do wish it could be cut down to a 1-2, but maybe in the future I'll get grafts placed over the linear scar. 

Edited by DMJr
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 4:43 PM, DMJr said:

Oh Wow, how did you know that? Haha.. And okay, thanks -

If you've viewed enough of any doctor's cases and post-op photos, their work - especially hairline designs - is like their unique signature.