Hi everyone, i'm sharing this because I'm feeling blue and I don't really trust my clinic any longer...it's a Clinic in Spain and I'll share the name after 18 months, whether the results will be good or bad. This is the situation.

When I underwent puberty, 20 years ago, my forehead assumed a very weird shape, due to some issues related with hormones and maxillar development. Needless to say, it created a lot of discomfort every time I was swimming, or even walking on a windy day. Last year then I found a clinic which was offering HT at a very good price. It was a case of forehead lowering, and the doctor said my case was an easy one. She said she would transplant 2000 follicles in my temples, but there's no knowing now. Anyway, I'm posting here the results after 7 months. No wonder I'm quite sad about it. She says that it's evolving well, but a bit slowly, and she suggested taking Minoxidil, which was never on the table and I'd rather not take, because I never suffered from alopecia, and I know it might have a rebound effect of I stopped taking it. 

What I 've noticed is that the transplanted hair basically stopped growing in February or March, and I don't know if it's because I'm a slow grower (I'm 42) or this is more or less what it's going to be. What do you guys think? And what about the minoxidil? 

thanks

2 weeks left.jpeg

bf right new.jpg

2 weeks right.jpeg

right 7 months.jpeg

top bf.jpeg

top 7 months.jpeg

bf left.jpeg

left 7 months new.jpg

Edited by Masha5
bad photos

10 hours ago, Masha5 said:

Hi everyone, i'm sharing this because I'm feeling blue and I don't really trust my clinic any longer...it's a Clinic in Spain and I'll share the name after 18 months, whether the results will be good or bad. This is the situation.

When I underwent puberty, 20 years ago, my forehead assumed a very weird shape, due to some issues related with hormones and maxillar development. Needless to say, it created a lot of discomfort every time I was swimming, or even walking on a windy day. Last year then I found a clinic which was offering HT at a very good price. It was a case of forehead lowering, and the doctor said my case was an easy one. She said she would transplant 2000 follicles in my temples, but there's no knowing now. Anyway, I'm posting here the results after 7 months. No wonder I'm quite sad about it. She says that it's evolving well, but a bit slowly, and she suggested taking Minoxidil, which was never on the table and I'd rather not take, because I never suffered from alopecia, and I know it might have a rebound effect of I stopped taking it. 

What I 've noticed is that the transplanted hair basically stopped growing in February or March, and I don't know if it's because I'm a slow grower (I'm 42) or this is more or less what it's going to be. What do you guys think? And what about the minoxidil? 

thanks

2 weeks left.jpeg

bf right new.jpg

2 weeks right.jpeg

right 7 months.jpeg

top bf.jpeg

top 7 months.jpeg

bf left.jpeg

left 7 months new.jpg

Hey Masha,

Sorry to hear you are not happy with your situation but I think you have to give it a little bit more time.
Also, could you share better photos of the current state?
And, if things do not go as planned, did the clinic offer you a possible repair procedure?

Thank you Oliveratom and Spidey! I attach here some (hopefully) clearer photos...the left side is the one the worries me more, the left is quite ok, at least for now. Thank you for your feedback, it's very appreciated. 

front  further.jpeg

left better.jpeg

left close.jpeg

right better.jpeg

• Administrators

7 months is still early, the hair looks very spread apart and wet. Can you take some pictures of your hair normally styled? 

Also, are you a female? The hairline looks like a female hairline, and the hairs look very soft, if you’re not a female-this could be concerning, but if you are, I’d say it looks pretty natural.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

7 months is still early, the hair looks very spread apart and wet. Can you take some pictures of your hair normally styled? 

Also, are you a female? The hairline looks like a female hairline, and the hairs look very soft, if you’re not a female-this could be concerning, but if you are, I’d say it looks pretty natural.

Hi Melvin, yeah, I'm a woman and my hair is quite fine...but the transplanted one is very fuzzy and quite impossible to style atm; it looks wet because i use some aloe vera 100% gel to push it back. Anyway, I'm adding some photos without any product added, I just brushed them with an old tooth brush (the new hair is too fine, fuzzy and thin for a comb).  The left side worries me as it is still see through.

Thank you, I've seen your youtube channel , very helpful!

may18left1.jpeg

may18right.jpeg

styled2.jpeg

18 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

I mean, the placement and cleanliness in the after pictures look great. The pictures of 7 months show that there is a lot of hair that grew. I echo the request to see it better styled, preferably upwards with a comb.

Thanks, this really helps: if you guys say that the initial stages were good, I guess I'm being a bit too impatient. The new hair is fuzzy and thin and impossible to comb unless you use a toothbrush. My hair is fine and curly, but these new hairs are really impossible to style.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Masha5 said:

Hi Melvin, yeah, I'm a woman and my hair is quite fine...but the transplanted one is very fuzzy and quite impossible to style atm; it looks wet because i use some aloe vera 100% gel to push it back. Anyway, I'm adding some photos without any product added, I just brushed them with an old tooth brush (the new hair is too fine, fuzzy and thin for a comb).  The left side worries me as it is still see through.

Thank you, I've seen your youtube channel , very helpful!

may18left1.jpeg

may18right.jpeg

styled2.jpeg

The hair may be wiry and kinky in the initial stages, but that will subside in 12-18 months. I think your hair is looking good, and it will continue to mature and improve in the next few months. Most importantly, it looks natural, you can’t tell this is a transplant. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Masha5 said:

but the transplanted one is very fuzzy and quite impossible to style

This is normal during the first year of growth and it will improve over time to match the rest of your hair. It will also thicken up a bit over the next few months as well.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:09 PM, BjornBorg said:

I mean, the placement and cleanliness in the after pictures look great. The pictures of 7 months show that there is a lot of hair that grew. I echo the request to see it better styled, preferably upwards with a comb.

thanks BeHappy , I hadn't been told that...I'll wait and see! Thank you so much!

I see lots of posts here from users worrying their hair transplant isn't growing, and that the hairs are curly and growing in wrong direction. 7 months is early still. 12 months is always the best marker for growth. Hair transplants can take up to 2 years to mature fully. 

Ur WAAAAY too soon to be making a judgement. If after 12 months it looks the same then yes not good

but u have to wait. Ive seen a LOT of growth in patients between 9-12 months so ur jus gonna have to be

patient. Ive even seen a few make exceptional growth after 1 year. It does happen. U might want to consider

SMG tho. It will give the illusion of more hair for sure considering u have very dark hair and very light scalp

u would be a great candidate for SMG.

Thanks Silent 1243, thing is that most results I've seen where perfect at 6-7 months, and I didn't know it was so early in the process, I just thought that it was it...and thank GNX1, I really hope i'll have a nice growth in the next months...I would undergo SMG willingly, if it wasn't for its price...it's awfully expensive and I can't afford anything else atm...I've seen wonderful results though!