Where a guy from Poland should get his HT?

Hello everyone. I hope I won't annoy any moderator with this post as I'm not that familiar with the rules of this forum.

My history: 
I'm 26, from Poland. As a kid, always had a big forehead (born as norwood 2). When I was about 18  after a haircut I noticed, that my hairline is recessed and it looks weird (like a Norwood 3? to this point I always had bangs/fringe so it was impossible to notice any recession, I wasn't even avare of hairloss existence at that moment). The hair was very thick, I could hide it. In the span of last 8 years the hairloss gradually progressed. I'm still a Norwood 3 although I have a slightly more recessed hairline and thinning in front (hair is a lot thinner than what it used to be). 

My patern of loss looks similar to my dad (currently Norwood 5/6 - gradual recession over the years, accelerated after in his 30s). I have been taking finasteride for 3 months, 3 times a week, no side effects. I think I'm seeing hairs sprouting from my hairline, I have recently shaved it and under light I can see white hairs in front of my recession (where not so long ago used to be hair). 

I'd like to restore my hairline in the near future (about 1 year+ to see how I do on finasteride). I know that commiting to HT will mean more operations in the future, I accept that. I think I have solid donor (thick, straight, dark, dense - good for FUE?) and my chest hair looks pretty much like my scalp hair but doesnt grow that long and theres also a lot of it. 

My question:
Are there any users from Poland or close countries that have undergone HTs and could advise on choosing the clinic? The Polish clinics are not that good (at least from what I've found on this forum, some people had HT with dr Marwan Saifi, for others there are no reviews).  Eugenix looks to be an afordable option and very good clinic but they are very far away (10h flight to India and expensive ticket). I know about Turkey and clinic s like Asmed or Hair of Instanbul have solid reputation - looks viable, but expensive (more expensive than Eugenix).

Any other options? 

20181119_230247.jpg

Edited by kapiper

@kapiper you must do more research here at HRN because there are many threads informing that Asmed and Hair of Instanbul are turkish hairmills with technicians doing surgery on 8 patients per day so your results will depend on the tech you get when you check-in at the hairmill.

A technician at a hairmill could have been washing dishes at a restaurant 2 months before doing your surgery.

Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants and there’s only 1 option in Turkey where you are almost certain to get a good result - HLC Ankara (2.7€/graft). They do manual FUE which is limited to 1500 grafts per day with a technique called stick&place which means they extract the grafts and then make 1 hole/slit and immediately implant the graft  so that the hole has no time to start closing or accumulate fat or blood (this technique provides a quicker recovery time). 

If you are on a budget then you won’t find any other doctor with the skills Dr. Arika (Eugenix) has charging 1.8€/graft w/tax. 
They do a technique called DHT which reduces the time the grafts stay out of body because they make all the holes/slits first and then proceed to extracting the grafts and immediately implanting them so they don’t stay out of the body for more than 30m. 

If you want a closer option then Dr. Bruno Ferreira is in Porto and charges 2.5€/graft. He also works with one of the best FUE docs in the world Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid but there you pay double price. 
Dr. Ferreira does the most recent technique DHI which is similar to stick&place. First he extracts the grafts then he uses implators pens that are loaded with the grafts, these pens make the slit/hole and implant the grafts at the same time. This reduces the handling of the graft and the doctor can make smaller holes that provide quicker recovery times.

Dr. Konior is considered the best in the world and does manual FUE with stick&place. 
Dr. Juan Couto is considered the Doctor with the most amazing results and does DHI (like all Spanish doctors). 

Technique is not as important as the Doctor because a bad doctor using a great technique will still get you a bad result.

I advise you to chose a great doctor with a great technique and with real patients posting their amazing results. 

This is not like buying a car that you can change after a few years, this is a permanent medical surgery and you have a limited donor area so every graft is precious and should be used the best way by a highly skilled Doctor.

Your loss looks like its limited to the frontal area and temples. If you can afford it, and are willing to wait, I would look at dr de freitas in spain. From what I've seen he makes some of the most aesthetic hairlines in in the world. You are relatively young and I advise you to be on treatment such as finasteride to maintain the rest of your hair. Dr de freitas is not cheap by any means when compared to other doctors or hair mills in turkey but in my opinion hair transplants are not something you want to cheap out on. Personally, I'd X out asmed and hair of instanbul. If you're stuck on turkey, then the only option I would look at is HLC and maybe keser for just limited hairline work.

• 4 weeks later...

For FUT the best are Dr. Muresanu at Hattingen Clinic or H&W.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:17 AM, Portugal25 said:

@kapiper you must do more research here at HRN because there are many threads informing that Asmed and Hair of Instanbul are turkish hairmills with technicians doing surgery on 8 patients per day so your results will depend on the tech you get when you check-in at the hairmill.

A technician at a hairmill could have been washing dishes at a restaurant 2 months before doing your surgery.

Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants and there’s only 1 option in Turkey where you are almost certain to get a good result - HLC Ankara (2.7€/graft). They do manual FUE which is limited to 1500 grafts per day with a technique called stick&place which means they extract the grafts and then make 1 hole/slit and immediately implant the graft  so that the hole has no time to start closing or accumulate fat or blood (this technique provides a quicker recovery time). 

If you are on a budget then you won’t find any other doctor with the skills Dr. Arika (Eugenix) has charging 1.8€/graft w/tax. 
They do a technique called DHT which reduces the time the grafts stay out of body because they make all the holes/slits first and then proceed to extracting the grafts and immediately implanting them so they don’t stay out of the body for more than 30m. 

If you want a closer option then Dr. Bruno Ferreira is in Porto and charges 2.5€/graft. He also works with one of the best FUE docs in the world Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid but there you pay double price. 
Dr. Ferreira does the most recent technique DHI which is similar to stick&place. First he extracts the grafts then he uses implators pens that are loaded with the grafts, these pens make the slit/hole and implant the grafts at the same time. This reduces the handling of the graft and the doctor can make smaller holes that provide quicker recovery times.

Dr. Konior is considered the best in the world and does manual FUE with stick&place. 
Dr. Juan Couto is considered the Doctor with the most amazing results and does DHI (like all Spanish doctors). 

Technique is not as important as the Doctor because a bad doctor using a great technique will still get you a bad result.

I advise you to chose a great doctor with a great technique and with real patients posting their amazing results. 

This is not like buying a car that you can change after a few years, this is a permanent medical surgery and you have a limited donor area so every graft is precious and should be used the best way by a highly skilled Doctor.

I saw you only advised HLC in Turkey, while you had yours with Pekiner.

What happened? Aren't you happy with how your transplant is coming out?

Pekiner results are way better than HLC from what I've seen online.

@Cristero you are very right in saying that Dr. Pekiner results are very good and some even better than HLC but Pekiner aborts surgeries if he finds miniaturized hairs.

I advised one of my best friends to go to Pekiner and he aborted his surgery for that same reason. He got a second opinion with @Dr. Bruno Ferreira that indeed confirmed the presence of miniaturized hairs but failed to understand why Pekiner aborted his surgery.

Last month my friend had 3210 grafts implanted by Dr. BF.

The same thing happened to a member called Duchaine, he had his surgery at HLC in January after being aborted by Pekiner.

This is the only reason why I don’t recommend Pekiner but yes he does gets truly amazing results and I’m happy I chose him for my HT.

I prefer to only recommend Doctors that I know about in terms of technique and results but most importantly Doctors that I’m sure will be able to achieve good results regardless of the patient conditions.

Edited by Portugal25