Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello All

Thank you for reading my post. I am a 27 year old Indian guy with baldness level of NW 6-7, I am considering HT in Delhi NCR region and have stumbled upon Eugenix as one canddate for HT. Over there Dr Arika recommended me a graded approach for HT with max density in the from, lower at middle and lowest at the end. Crown will be left as is and is expected to grow naturally with medications (finesteride). She also told me that I would need to be on finesteride for lifetime to arrest my progression of baldness and also for better results in the transplanted areas.

I have a three part question,

First, given my age, is it recommended for me to get HT now? On one hand i have pretty severe NW grade and i badly want to get HT. on the other, I do not want any life long complications at such a young age.

Second, I have read about the side effects of finesteride (low libido, high chances of prostrate cancer). I do not want to depend on a medication for life long.

Third, I have zeroed in on Eugenix as a possible clinic even though their prices are a little high. I felt after consultation with Dr Arika that those guys know what they are doing especially given my high grade (6-7). But if you think there are other clincs i should check out in Delhi-NCR, please do recommend.

I am attaching my outline photos prepared by Eugenix to give you a better idea of my case.

Thank you for your time.

 

81ae5aae-ee78-4673-ba0e-2183d4b44be4.jpg

aa7ab582-fb3f-447a-8994-74b73c103fac.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jayant. Firstly would you consider shaving your head? It's not something that everyone thinks about or wants to do which I understand. You might be surprised by your look and could be able to really rock it! As to Eugenix they are renowned for doing state of the art work in Norwood 6/7 patients. Before going down this path I would go on finasteride for at least six months to see how you tolerate it. This is a drug that has a very low (but very real) incidence of causing sexual side effects in some people. In terms of India, my personal opinion from the research that I have done is that Eugenix would be the only option (especially for Norwood 6/7) and the best. Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika both are incredibly passionate about their work and several members here who were Norwood 6/7 have had surgery with them with fantastic results. Also bare in mind what your expectations are. Would you be happy if your crown could not be filled, etc? A hair transplant gives the 'illusion' of having more hair than you actually do. Eugenix have mastered this art. Keep researching and remember you can always have a hair transplant 'tomorrow.' Keep us updated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't base my whole outcome on finasteride. Actually, I advise you against it. Try your head shaved first and see if you like it. If not, then you should be in great hands with Eugenix. Finasteride has too many side effects and they can be permanent so not worth the risk. Hair is awesome, but not that awesome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Hi Jayant. Firstly would you consider shaving your head? It's not something that everyone thinks about or wants to do which I understand. You might be surprised by your look and could be able to really rock it! As to Eugenix they are renowned for doing state of the art work in Norwood 6/7 patients. Before going down this path I would go on finasteride for at least six months to see how you tolerate it. This is a drug that has a very low (but very real) incidence of causing sexual side effects in some people. In terms of India, my personal opinion from the research that I have done is that Eugenix would be the only option (especially for Norwood 6/7) and the best. Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika both are incredibly passionate about their work and several members here who were Norwood 6/7 have had surgery with them with fantastic results. Also bare in mind what your expectations are. Would you be happy if your crown could not be filled, etc? A hair transplant gives the 'illusion' of having more hair than you actually do. Eugenix have mastered this art. Keep researching and remember you can always have a hair transplant 'tomorrow.' Keep us updated!

Thank you Gatsby, I have been balding since the age of 19 and have had a large forehead before that since my childhood. And I have been shaving my head/trimming to a minimum for far too long. I also keep a long beard and try to look like Kratos from God of War (if you are familiar with that game character at all :))

I know you are not wrong to suggest keeping a shaved head. I have been doing this for the last 3-4 years but tbh, I feel that somehow I am losing confidence and having an illusion of hair for now would do wonders right now than having nothing at all in my 40s. 

Regarding finesteride, this is where I am scared, the doctor suggested that the dosage has to be taken of 1 mg daily and that would bring hair on my crown. If that does not work even then I would be okay considering the fact that the growth in frontal areas is visible. I was watching a video of an Australian surgeon on YT and he was of the opinion that finesteride should be taken twice weekly rather than daily. 

I am greatly concerned with the side effects of this drug only. Also, since we are all under lockdown right now and I get my surgery done now, this would help me in recovering in the next 1 month before I join back my office. 

Edited by Jayant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edward926 said:

I wouldn't base my whole outcome on finasteride. Actually, I advise you against it. Try your head shaved first and see if you like it. If not, then you should be in great hands with Eugenix. Finasteride has too many side effects and they can be permanent so not worth the risk. Hair is awesome, but not that awesome.

You are right. But I think I wasn't able to explain it correctly. What she suggested was that crown area will not have any transplants. Rather the growth on that would depend on finesteride. And the rest of the head would be covered by ht. As shown in the outlines in the picture. Finesteride for a lifetime is what scares me . Just want to know what have been you guys' experiences with this kind of drug 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jayant, Ill give you my personnel opinion on your three questions 

1) No it is not advised to get a hair transplant so young, especially if you arent doing anything to mitigate your hair loss (finasteride). However no one should tell you what you want to do. If you want to get a HT go for it! Eugenix is doing great work so you should be in good hands.

2) You will only be on finasteride for as long as you care about your hair or care to take it. some people have been on it for life others stop when they want to.

3) I feel Eugenix is a good clinic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jayant said:

You are right. But I think I wasn't able to explain it correctly. What she suggested was that crown area will not have any transplants. Rather the growth on that would depend on finesteride. And the rest of the head would be covered by ht. As shown in the outlines in the picture. Finesteride for a lifetime is what scares me . Just want to know what have been you guys' experiences with this kind of drug 

You could try topical finesteride as well. The side effects are greatly reduced if you used this. There are places that can make this available to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wicky said:

Hi Jayant, Ill give you my personnel opinion on your three questions 

1) No it is not advised to get a hair transplant so young, especially if you arent doing anything to mitigate your hair loss (finasteride). However no one should tell you what you want to do. If you want to get a HT go for it! Eugenix is doing great work so you should be in good hands.

2) You will only be on finasteride for as long as you care about your hair or care to take it. some people have been on it for life others stop when they want to.

3) I feel Eugenix is a good clinic.

Thank you Wicky. I am going for another consultation with the doctor tomorrow. I feel that the 3500 grafts she has suggested might be less considering my case. So just want to be doubly sure of everything before I go for my HT

Regarding finesteride, I am still on sidelines because of it and would ask the doctor of some natural remedies which can reduce my dependency on the drug. 

 

I will keep you all posted. 

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pyrat said:

You could try topical finesteride as well. The side effects are greatly reduced if you used this. There are places that can make this available to you.

I haven't heard of the topical finesteride. Thanks for letting me know. I will ask the doctor about this before proceeding any further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get on finisteride first and try it for a while before scheduling your hair transplant. This way you'll know if you have side effects or not. You need to find this out before having the hair transplant. Eugenics seems to be doing great work and presumably they will use a lot of beard hair for you which will really help your situation as you will actually be adding hair to your head rather than just moving some around. High NW men really need that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mind sharing pictures of your donor? 27 is young, but not too young for a hair transplant. Eugenix have been doing outstanding work on Norwood 6/7 patients. How's your beard hair?


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jayant said:

You are right. But I think I wasn't able to explain it correctly. What she suggested was that crown area will not have any transplants. Rather the growth on that would depend on finesteride. And the rest of the head would be covered by ht. As shown in the outlines in the picture. Finesteride for a lifetime is what scares me . Just want to know what have been you guys' experiences with this kind of drug 

Do you have enough donor for a second HT for the crown area? If so, I would wait to see the results of the first HT and take it from there. You can also try topical minoxidil in the crown region. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Do you mind sharing pictures of your donor? 27 is young, but not too young for a hair transplant. Eugenix have been doing outstanding work on Norwood 6/7 patients. How's your beard hair?

Hi Melvin

 

I have uploaded my profile picture. That should give you an idea of my beard. and also attached is the donor are photos. Please have a look and suggest. Thanks!

IMG_20200515_081620.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Edward926 said:

Do you have enough donor for a second HT for the crown area? If so, I would wait to see the results of the first HT and take it from there. You can also try topical minoxidil in the crown region. 

Hi Edward, I am not really sure. But I have attached the photos of my donor area as well. Please have a look and suggest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Jayant,

As others have said, get a consultation with Eugenix via WhatsApp and send them some good quality photos of your scalp, face, top pic of your scalp, your beard, etc. If you can send them a video that highlights everything then even better. They are more than happy to stay in touch so don't be afraid of asking lots of questions. With a hair transplant you can NEVER ask too many questions! I'm booking in for surgery as soon as I know when I the flight restrictions here in Australia are lifted. I am also a Norwood 7.

Is 3,500 grafts including beard grafts? As others have said, to get the best results you really need to take advantage of everything that can help. I would give finasteride and minoxidil both a good trial for six months minimum. Mostly to ensure you can tolerate them, but also to hold on and strengthen what you do have. In terms of taking something natural , nothing will compare scientifically with minoxidil and finasteride (I'm not saying that the odd anecdotal case hasn't been helped). Ask Dr Pradeep or Dr Arika what they plan to do with the number of grafts that they believe they can access. Most importantly also is to make sure that what you expect from a hair transplant and what they are able to deliver are both on the same page. You could end up with the most 'natural' looking hair transplant in the world. However if you are left feeling unhappy because your crown can't be covered or the density is poor, etc then I wouldn't go through with it (just my opinion). I wish you well!

Edited by Gatsby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Hi Jayant,

As others have said, get a consultation with Eugenix via WhatsApp and send them some good quality photos of your scalp, face, top pic of your scalp, your beard, etc. If you can send them a video that highlights everything then even better. They are more than happy to stay in touch so don't be afraid of asking lots of questions. With a hair transplant you can NEVER ask too many questions! I'm booking in for surgery as soon as I know when I the flight restrictions here in Australia are lifted. I am also a Norwood 7.

Is 3,500 grafts including beard grafts? As others have said, to get the best results you really need to take advantage of everything that can help. I would give finasteride and minoxidil both a good trial for six months minimum. Mostly to ensure you can tolerate them, but also to hold on and strengthen what you do have. In terms of taking something natural , nothing will compare scientifically with minoxidil and finasteride (I'm not saying that the odd anecdotal case hasn't been helped). Ask Dr Pradeep or Dr Arika what they plan to do with the number of grafts that they believe they can access. Most importantly also is to make sure that what you expect from a hair transplant and what they are able to deliver are both on the same page. You could end up with the most 'natural' looking hair transplant in the world. However if you are left feeling unhappy because your crown can't be covered or the density is poor, etc then I wouldn't go through with it (just my opinion). I wish you well!

Hi Gatsby, the information I posted here was after face to face consultation with Dr Arika and even after that there are a lot of questions which have popped up after the discussion. I am going again today for consultation with Dr Arika as I have questions on Density, finesteride use and 3500 grafts that she has suggested. I will keep you guys posted on that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff Jayant!

It's amazing how the answers that you receive give rise to even so many more questions. I think you are doing everything right Jayant and being very patient which is the best way out of this emotional maze ultimately. Keep asking those questions and I look forward to your post after seeing her. Take care!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jayant said:

Hi Melvin

 

I have uploaded my profile picture. That should give you an idea of my beard. and also attached is the donor are photos. Please have a look and suggest. Thanks!

IMG_20200515_081620.jpg

Your donor doesn't look the strongest if i'm being honest, it does appear that you have retrograde alopecia. A condition that causes the hair on the nape to recede upwards. Before accepting surgery, you need to have your expectations in check, how much hair would you be happy with? Are you willing to use hair fibers to make up for density in areas like the crown?


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jayant your donor looks weak but if anyone can make the most of it it's Dr.Pradeep and Dr.Arika. you can make the most of your beard grafts also from your mid scalp back. 

I had retrograde alopecia classified norwood 6 and Dr.Arika and Dr.Pradeep implanted 3582 grafts including beard grafts.  I am really happy with my result do far. 

I wish you the best

Paddy

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/55634-experience-of-an-irishman-after-6-years-researching-puts-his-trust-in-dr-pradeep-sethi-and-drarika-bansal-eugenix-india-for-hair-transplantation-of-a-combination-of-scalp-and-beard-hair/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paddyirishman said:

@Jayant your donor looks weak but if anyone can make the most of it it's Dr.Pradeep and Dr.Arika. you can make the most of your beard grafts also from your mid scalp back. 

I had retrograde alopecia classified norwood 6 and Dr.Arika and Dr.Pradeep implanted 3582 grafts including beard grafts.  I am really happy with my result do far. 

I wish you the best

Paddy

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/55634-experience-of-an-irishman-after-6-years-researching-puts-his-trust-in-dr-pradeep-sethi-and-drarika-bansal-eugenix-india-for-hair-transplantation-of-a-combination-of-scalp-and-beard-hair/

 

Thanks paddyirishman, I was feeling that 3500 grafts that they had suggested might be less for me. But after hearing from you I have got a little bit of confidence that I am going into hands. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Your donor doesn't look the strongest if i'm being honest, it does appear that you have retrograde alopecia. A condition that causes the hair on the nape to recede upwards. Before accepting surgery, you need to have your expectations in check, how much hair would you be happy with? Are you willing to use hair fibers to make up for density in areas like the crown?

I understand that I won't have a full head of hair even after HT and the Doctor told me this thing the first time. She also told me she is banking on the medication she is suggesting me for better results. 

As for hair fibers, I am sorry but have never heard of them. But will check it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Great stuff Jayant!

It's amazing how the answers that you receive give rise to even so many more questions. I think you are doing everything right Jayant and being very patient which is the best way out of this emotional maze ultimately. Keep asking those questions and I look forward to your post after seeing her. Take care!

Thanks Gatsby, as told I went to her for another consultation yesterday. I must say that even in times like these, the load of work on them is very high! 

I asked her about the 3500 grafts and told her that I felt that 3500+ grafts that she is suggesting might not be enough. She told me that 3500+ are the number of good grafts that she can get from me in one HT surgery and as for beard grafts, the 3500+ will include around 1500 from beard as well. 

I asked her of the possibility of using body hair to which she said that HT of body hair has a success rate of around 60% and that's why it's not her first choice atm.

Next - finesteride use. There is no other choice. Rather everyone going for HT has to accept the fact that they will have to depend on some kind of medication for as long as they want their hair to remain. Infact the Doctor told me that most of her Caucasian patients have had been on some kind of medication for more than 10 - 15 years even before the surgery. Around 2 percent patients experience side effects. 

And last the consultant Anil showed me the work he had got done on himself and told that he has been on finesteride for 7 months. One more guy, Nelson, another consultant, had done work 5 years back and has been a regular finesteride user. In both cases, results were quite good.

As per her availability she can book me in for next weekend. I just have to convince myself and my father in the meantime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jayant said:

Thanks paddyirishman, I was feeling that 3500 grafts that they had suggested might be less for me. But after hearing from you I have got a little bit of confidence that I am going into hands. 

3500 grafts in one procedure is ok or is that the max amount of grafts they can safely transplant? I got 3106 grafts transplanted and I know for sure that I need another HT to cover up mid-scalp and crown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edward926 said:

3500 grafts in one procedure is ok or is that the max amount of grafts they can safely transplant? I got 3106 grafts transplanted and I know for sure that I need another HT to cover up mid-scalp and crown.

3500 is the max that can be safely removed from 1 procedure. I can go for another HT in 6-8 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 1:20 AM, Gatsby said:

Hi Jayant,

As others have said, get a consultation with Eugenix via WhatsApp and send them some good quality photos of your scalp, face, top pic of your scalp, your beard, etc. If you can send them a video that highlights everything then even better. They are more than happy to stay in touch so don't be afraid of asking lots of questions. With a hair transplant you can NEVER ask too many questions! I'm booking in for surgery as soon as I know when I the flight restrictions here in Australia are lifted. I am also a Norwood 7.

Is 3,500 grafts including beard grafts? As others have said, to get the best results you really need to take advantage of everything that can help. I would give finasteride and minoxidil both a good trial for six months minimum. Mostly to ensure you can tolerate them, but also to hold on and strengthen what you do have. In terms of taking something natural , nothing will compare scientifically with minoxidil and finasteride (I'm not saying that the odd anecdotal case hasn't been helped). Ask Dr Pradeep or Dr Arika what they plan to do with the number of grafts that they believe they can access. Most importantly also is to make sure that what you expect from a hair transplant and what they are able to deliver are both on the same page. You could end up with the most 'natural' looking hair transplant in the world. However if you are left feeling unhappy because your crown can't be covered or the density is poor, etc then I wouldn't go through with it (just my opinion). I wish you well!

Hey, are you saying its pretty rare that you can get crown coverage on a nw6-7? None at all? Or some, but less density

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×