Searching for HT clinic

Hi all,

I've been considering a HT for a few years now but I think the time has really come for me to take the plunge and go ahead with it as my hairline is deteriorating quite fast.

I am 36 year old male currently living in Singapore. I'd say I'm a Norwood 3 where my hairline has thinned out a lot and have also noticed a lot of thinning in the crown area (see photos below). I have quite thick hair on the sides and back so I think I am a good candidate for a HT. I currently apply Minoxidil once a day and microneedle once a week. I'm avoiding taking propecia as we are trying for a baby and don't want to risk any health complications from this medication.

I did have a consultation with Motion clinic from South Korea a few months back and they advised I would need approx 2,400 - 2,600 grafts in the frontal area and 500 in the crown. Would this be a reasonable assessment of my requirements based on photos below?

The reason I asked Motion clinic for a consultation was because I watch a lot of Youtube videos posted on the Hairliciously channel and he highly recommends this clinic as he has had great results. But when conducting independent research I can't find any reviews for this clinic which I guess is a red flag. Does anyone in this forum have any experience with Motion clinic?

My budget is around USD $15k and would be willing to travel (when we are allowed to) to almost anywhere as long as it's a reputable doctor with a history of good results. With this budget in mind should I consider doctors in places such as US, Canada and Australia or should I only be considering lower cost options? Does anyone know of any good doctors in Singapore or surrounding countries?

(sorry, i know there are quite a few questions in the post but I'm new to this forum and would really appreciate guidance from folks that more experienced than myself)

fullsizeoutput_3cfa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3cf7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3cf1.jpeg

qKIgvjW2RKWVhmSjOE6S7Q.jpg

17 minutes ago, Eden83 said:

Hi all,

I've been considering a HT for a few years now but I think the time has really come for me to take the plunge and go ahead with it as my hairline is deteriorating quite fast.

I am 36 year old male currently living in Singapore. I'd say I'm a Norwood 3 where my hairline has thinned out a lot and have also noticed a lot of thinning in the crown area (see photos below). I have quite thick hair on the sides and back so I think I am a good candidate for a HT. I currently apply Minoxidil once a day and microneedle once a week. I'm avoiding taking propecia as we are trying for a baby and don't want to risk any health complications from this medication.

I did have a consultation with Motion clinic from South Korea a few months back and they advised I would need approx 2,400 - 2,600 grafts in the frontal area and 500 in the crown. Would this be a reasonable assessment of my requirements based on photos below?

The reason I asked Motion clinic for a consultation was because I watch a lot of Youtube videos posted on the Hairliciously channel and he highly recommends this clinic as he has had great results. But when conducting independent research I can't find any reviews for this clinic which I guess is a red flag. Does anyone in this forum have any experience with Motion clinic?

My budget is around USD $15k and would be willing to travel (when we are allowed to) to almost anywhere as long as it's a reputable doctor with a history of good results. With this budget in mind should I consider doctors in places such as US, Canada and Australia or should I only be considering lower cost options? Does anyone know of any good doctors in Singapore or surrounding countries?

(sorry, i know there are quite a few questions in the post but I'm new to this forum and would really appreciate guidance from folks that more experienced than myself)

fullsizeoutput_3cfa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3cf7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3cf1.jpeg

qKIgvjW2RKWVhmSjOE6S7Q.jpg

Read my post. Don't go for cheaper options. I would suggest Hassan and Wong in Vancouver. With your budget you might get something out with them.

@Eden83 you should be looking at around 3500 grafts to rebuild the hairline and fill in the thinning crown. 

I do advise you to avoid YouTube, Instagram videos and clinic websites when choosing a clinic and focus on real patient results thread on forums like HRN to see the doctors that are getting consistently great results. 

If you are looking for options close to you I would advise Dr. Arika at Eugenix in India (1.8€/graft) or Dr. Laorwong in Thailand (2.6€/graft). 

If you are willing to travel further then look at Dr. Bruno Ferreira in Portugal (2.5€/graft). He also works with Dr. Lorenzo (one of the best in the world) at his clinic in Madrid. 

Your budget of 15k should also be enough to also consider some of the best in world like Dr. Feriduni (4 to 5€/graft) in Belgium and Dr. Muresanu (4,5€/graft) in Switzerland. 

You should ask the Doctors for a diagnosis and if you can’t decide between 2 doctors then a consultation in person is always the best way to go (I never could do that and had to decide based on the diagnosis I received from my photos and videos).

Wish you all the best!

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

• Administrators

If you live in Sinapore, I would check out Dr. Path and Dr. Laorwong, they have some great results. That said, definitely take your time and look up some actual patient reviews on this forum, speak to real patients and get their unbiased opinions. Lastly, are you on any medications to maintain the hair you have?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Have not heard of Motown clinic so I have no idea of the quality of their work...what I can say is that the clinics who consistently do great work and are well established always have patients showing some examples of their work.

Go with someone who is proven and established...if you find yourself trying to find "any" examples of someone's work...that should tell you something!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

@Eden83

Thanks for sharing your photos.

I would agree, based on your photos you appear to be a good candidate. Your frontal graft count will ultimately depend on your preferred hairline design and placement and how much thinning you have actually experienced behind this. To have a completely natural result, grafts would have to be placed into your native hair to have a smooth transition of density.

As you have experienced some loss in your crown, its promising that you are using minoxidil to maintain strength in your native hair. I read that you are using once daily, using twice each day can be much more efficient in terms of what it can achieve.

As you are willing to travel, you have a handful of genuinely solid options. Take your time, reach out to those doctors whose results impress you and the doctors have a proven track record and stellar reputation. Then some doctors you will be able to dismiss for you personally as they just dont feel right, meaning that step by step, you will find the absolute best option for yourself.

Looking at your photos, there appears no reason why you can't achieve a very successful result. 

I wish you all the best.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.