Thin hair falling with Finesteride.

I have been on finasteride for the past 2 months and on average take it 4 times a week, at the 1 mg dosage. I’ve definitely noticed that my hair loss has reduced to the point that I have almost no hair loss on some days. When I do however see hair falling when I comb my hair over a sink, they seem to be fine hair or thinning hair.

What is this suppose to mean. I have read online that this is a good sign since it means that the thinning hair will be replaced with stronger hair. I am not entirely sure if I can believe this. Another question I have is whether finasteride works on the entire scalp or just the crown. Again there are differing opinions regarding this when I research online.

Hoping for some of the more experienced members on this forum to chime in.

It typically takes a few weeks to confirm retention.  It takes a full year to see if you'll experience enhancement.  Rather than speculating, just give it a full year.  Take photos every 3-4 months and you'll have your answer.

There are a couple of points which are important to keep in mind.  All hair in your head will fall at different intervals throughout your life.  (The follicle gets tired of producing hair and it will take a vacation.  After a resting period, the hair will return.  This is normal shedding). Hair loss is different.

When the caliber of the hair becomes thinner and thinner - until eventually disappears - we call this miniaturization.  That's true hair loss.

Seems you are on the right track...

• Thanks 1

I have been on Fin for over  year. I see them all the time, still to this day. Thin hair has to fall out to make way for thicker. Shouldn't be anything your worrying about. 

I am pretty obsessed with counting hairs I see in sink and shower. Average is 100 a day normally so if you're anywhere under that don't worry. When my hair was falling out I could shake my head and see 20 hairs. 

• Thanks 1

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

I think it’s the liquid minoxidil that was the issue, I’ve moved to tablet form and already seeing reduction on numbers. 
I certain my hair was fuller at 7 month mark than now. 
I wish to believe for everyhair falling out thicker one grows but I’m sure that not the case all the time 

• Thanks 1