4900 FUE - Dr. Hasson - Jan 2020

On 8/16/2020 at 2:30 PM, LonelyGraft said:

Metabolizing slower bc of inactivity and stress? Uhh what does this have to do with a hair transplant?

Thanks @LonelyGraft. I agree with your reply - not sure that has any real validity / there is no evidence that would have any impact. also FWIW - quarantine has been pretty stress-free for me in particular, so anecdotally this couldn't be more off.

5 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Didn't you say you quit minoxidil, and you aren't on finasteride? That doesn't bode well for your native hair. People think minoxidil isn't doing anything so they quit it, but it is actually keeping your mpb susceptible hair alive longer than otherwise without it.

@asterix0 I stopped minoxidil ahead of the surgery as directed by H&W. They also tell you not to take it post-op. Just following the explicit doctors orders there...

Re: fin, I take a smaller than 1mg approach EOD. It seems to have quelled most shedding, and I can tolerate it, so that's what I'm comfortable with at the moment. 

2 hours ago, HisHairness said:

@asterix0 I stopped minoxidil ahead of the surgery as directed by H&W. They also tell you not to take it post-op. Just following the explicit doctors orders there...

Re: fin, I take a smaller than 1mg approach EOD. It seems to have quelled most shedding, and I can tolerate it, so that's what I'm comfortable with at the moment. 

Errr. Yes they tell you to stop taking it prior to surgery and x amount of days after, but you're allowed to resume. So if you stopped taking minox completely, then chances are the transplanted hairs more or less replaced quite a bit of native hairs your lost from stopping minox....

10 hours ago, Sam818 said:

Not smoking anything. The guy has fine hair and rebuilt his whole frontal area with a complete temple restoration. When I look at his before and after it is a pretty great result in my opinion and his donor area isn't damaged at all. Hard to get a perfect result  in one shot fue surgery with a case like his.

Are u mad in the head he used 4500 grafts he should have had a way better result than he got For that amount of grafts . The area behind the hair line is completely thin. Shocking result mate. And more than half his doner gone.

14 hours ago, Coady said:

@Sam818 What you smoking. He had a bad result. His mid scalp was thin and he had to comb his native here over it to make it look dense. I think he’s going back for a touch up. 

Hi. I wouldn’t say it was ‘bad’ - a little thin at mid scalp but even across that area . 
I don’t comb my native hair over at all, I can actually comb my transplanted hairline back and it looks dense. 

I am going back for a touch up at mid scalp. 

3 hours ago, Coady said:

Are u mad in the head he used 4500 grafts he should have had a way better result than he got For that amount of grafts . The area behind the hair line is completely thin. Shocking result mate. And more than half his doner gone.

Shocking is a harsh word. Not perfect, but not shocking either . It’s about expectations and if I would have been told my hair would look like this before surgery but I’d have to grow it over 2 inches long to maintain illusion of density I would take it. 

HT is only an illusion of density. I had crown work in that 4500 too

1 minute ago, Kraistoff said:

Hi. I wouldn’t say it was ‘bad’ - a little thin at mid scalp but even across that area . 
I don’t comb my native hair over at all, I can actually comb my transplanted hairline back and it looks dense. 

I am going back for a touch up at mid scalp. 

Yeah that’s what I meant you have to comb your hair over that area. I don’t mean to disrespect you or sound aggressive I’m just saying Asmed used 4500 grafts which is a very large amount and their is a large thinning area behind the hairline. 

1 minute ago, Coady said:

Yeah that’s what I meant you have to comb your hair over that area. I don’t mean to disrespect you or sound aggressive I’m just saying Asmed used 4500 grafts which is a very large amount and their is a large thinning area behind the hairline. 

Agreed some issues, but not shockingly poor as you say. it is transplanted hair I’m combing over , I was as bald as an egg on the front. 

Edited by Kraistoff

8 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Agreed some issues, but not shockingly poor as you say. it is transplanted hair I’m combing over , I was as bald as an egg on the front. 

Look if your happy that’s all that matters ! I don’t mean to offend you. This is just my opinion. I know ht are illusion of density but I don’t think an area as thin and patchy is acceptable from such a respected clinic and for the money that was spent  probably over 10,000 euros. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coady said:

Look if your happy that’s all that matters ! I don’t mean to offend you. This is just my opinion. I know ht are illusion of density but I don’t think an area as thin and patchy is acceptable from such a respected clinic and for the money that was spent  probably over 10,000 euros. 

I don’t think it is patchy. Thin yes but evenly thin which is why I do not believe it was planted as densely as it should have been. 

I’m not com in native hair over thin patches, I’m combin my hair back so my hairline (transplanted) blends with other transplanted hair behind hairline. Think most of my photos are very impressive, with only the odd couple looking bad in natural direct sunlight when hair was cut too short . 

Have you had a transplant? 

13 hours ago, Spidey said:

Errr. Yes they tell you to stop taking it prior to surgery and x amount of days after, but you're allowed to resume. So if you stopped taking minox completely, then chances are the transplanted hairs more or less replaced quite a bit of native hairs your lost from stopping minox....

Thanks. Not really here to argue about minoxidil but I'll just say this:

Dr. Hasson made it clear they don't recommend taking min. I was on it for ~3.5 years before the procedure but was still very much losing ground. 

My transplanted hairs are still much shorter in length than my native hairs (because I haven't had a cut yet), so the existing hair that has grown can not be simply chalked up to my transplanted hairs replacing native hairs. 

5 minutes ago, HisHairness said:

Dr. Hasson made it clear they don't recommend taking min. I was on it for ~3.5 years before the procedure but was still very much losing ground. 

My transplanted hairs are still much shorter in length than my native hairs (because I haven't had a cut yet), so the existing hair that has grown can not be simply chalked up to my transplanted hairs replacing native hairs. 

Do you know why they don't recommend using minox?

8 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Hi @TorontoMan 

Fair question and to be honest I'm not quite sure. I recall Dr. Hasson showing me something that justified his suggestions against it, but don't remember what the data was. I'll make a point to ask Doug about this when I catch up with him this month and will try to remember to get back to you on it, because now I'm curious myself.

I was never a fan of using topical minoxidil. Who wants to drip liquid onto your hair every morning and nighttime and make your already thin hairs clump together due to the liquid and make the scalp even more visible haha. Just too inconvenient and kind of a weird thing to do lifestyle wise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HisHairness said:

1 hour ago, TorontoMan said:

I consulted with Hasson in person. I told him I was using minoxidil for several years and he was def against minoxidil. He said both him and his techs noticed that patients using topical minoxidil had a lot of collagen loss in their skin. They would get patients where the skin would be “thin” so when slits were created, they would have to space them further apart otherwise the slits would fall into one another. I was def thrown off by this comment as he’s the only doctor that has voiced this to me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

I consulted with Hasson in person. I told him I was using minoxidil for several years and he was def against minoxidil. He said both him and his techs noticed that patients using topical minoxidil had a lot of collagen loss in their skin. They would get patients where the skin would be “thin” so when slits were created, they would have to space them further apart otherwise the slits would fall into one another. I was def thrown off by this comment as he’s the only doctor that has voiced this to me.

This is great context @LonelyGraft.

Thanks for reminding me because I believe this is also what Dr. H told me. I remember coming away thinking "ok wow, definitely not using that again".

I'm not here to promote meds 1 way or the other, but hopefully this helps steer my thread away from whether using minoxidil or not has any effect. I'd rather just focus on the HT results, and given Dr. Hasson's advice to not use min, that's what I plan to do.

I have been using it since last November so almost a year and I’ve been applying it throughout my entire scalp, although my Main problem area is in the front where I’m closer to a nw2. I found it hard to be consistent with, although I was. But that being said, I don’t think it’s helped me, and I’m slightly worried that my hair has felt “lighter” and “softer” since I started. So now that you mentioned that I’m worried that might be what’s happening. 

it’s so confusing as other doctors have suggested it. Do you guys believe coming off minoxidil at this point is dangerous ? Have my hairs become dependent? I am also on finasteride 

Edited by TorontoMan

23 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Never heard this one before? Is there any science to back this up? I’ve been using minoxidil for 2 and a half years now. This scares me 🙈

If I quit minoxidil now, I'm pretty much guaranteed to have a massive shed and go full blown Norwood 5/6. So I'm on it for life unfortunately, but hopefully the collagen loss varies, as potential side effects can vary with any medication one uses. 

On 7/15/2020 at 5:02 AM, karatekid said:

Im sorry to say but as I suspected, it seems that H&W's FUE is still not at the same level as their FUT. I have been researching for my coming procedure long time and Hasson was actually my top choice but for FUT. I contacted him, and after he offered me only FUE, I passed on it since there are better options for FUE.   I see I wasnt wrong as I read here 2 cases of relatively poor results, added up to several other cases of their FUE.

Im not saying this to degrade nobody and I wish you will end up with great results eventually. But I do need to say my opinion, that based on my observation, so people can take it into consideration.

Why were you only offered FUE and not FUT as well? 

3 hours ago, yesplease said:

Why were you only offered FUE and not FUT as well? 

This is a good question, Im not even sure I fully understood why. I sent him a video of my donor area, and this was his exact reply:

"Dr.Hasson does not recommend FUT method surgery for you. He added that with the FUE method it is easer to achieve density because grafts are smaller, they can be dense packed and he can transplant more hairs per graft"

But what is particular about me that FUT won't suit me? I dont know, and after 2 emails I figure there is no point to argue with the doctor recommendation, whatever be the reason, so I passed on it completely

21 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

I believe the argument for FUE in that case is that you can simply cherry pick the best grafts you want for a higher density result (the 3 and 4 hair grafts) rather than get stuck with whatever comes generally with the strip. Graft for graft then you would achieve a higher density result. 

Well I got that, but this is a general statement,it's not related to my specific case . So it just means that he suggests FUE to everybody now?