4900 FUE - Dr. Hasson - Jan 2020

18 minutes ago, Nearsevn said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but am in the same shoes as you except I am 8 months in with very little  growth from the 4000 grafts dr Hasson implanted into my 1/3 of the Sçalp with no crown work. Am devastated just thinking about all the donor hair I lost :(

ah geez - sorry to hear that man. I feel you and it's definitely a really tough spot to be in. Just waiting each day...

It's a bit harder to tell when looking at the front, but based on the photos the crown is looking noticeably better. Seems to be more hair towards the front in the hairline area as well, with the rear part of the frontal zone lagging a bit more.

Granted, pictures can be deceiving, but I agree that part of this could be slow growth or lack of hair maturation. Just hang tight for now and see what the doctor has to say. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Wow interesting to see 2 ppl experiencing bad results from hasson after everyone saying he's so great and I was just about decided on him. This same thing happened to me right before my Erdogan procedure and so many of my 5000 grafts got wasted too. 6 months is a good indicator if you're going to get results. Patients that get results always look significantly better at 6 months.

Mate as the OP has said can you try and stay positive for now, because I think he looks good and this could turn out well yet. You aren't helping anyone with this negativity.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Wow interesting to see 2 ppl experiencing bad results from hasson after everyone saying he's so great and I was just about decided on him. This same thing happened to me right before my Erdogan procedure and so many of my 5000 grafts got wasted too. 6 months is a good indicator if you're going to get results. Patients that get results always look significantly better at 6 months.

Yet you are still adamant that Couto is such a good choice, despite not seeing any patient testimonials? 

• Like 1

Way too soon to call this a failure.  I see growth in the crown and that area generally lags as it is.  You did have quite a bit of native hair in the frontal third pre-op, which makes me wonder if you lost some of it due to shock loss.  You may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but are you on Fin?  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

3 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Yet you are still adamant that Couto is such a good choice, despite not seeing any patient testimonials? 

No that's why I most recently started leaning toward hw

22 hours ago, Nearsevn said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but am in the same shoes as you except I am 8 months in with very little  growth from the 4000 grafts dr Hasson implanted into my 1/3 of the Sçalp with no crown work. Am devastated just thinking about all the donor hair I lost :(

Did you get fue from him?

3 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Way too soon to call this a failure.  I see growth in the crown and that area generally lags as it is.  You did have quite a bit of native hair in the frontal third pre-op, which makes me wonder if you lost some of it due to shock loss.  You may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but are you on Fin?  

Thank you @aaron1234

There definitely could be some shock loss going on in the frontal third because of my existing decent density there. Very fair point.

I think I mentioned it but I'll re-state here. I take a smaller dose of fin 3x a week. It seems to have generally kept me stable over the last ~year. Unfortunately i did experience sides with a full 1mg each day. I've also been doing a little research on the topical fin options but being in the US I think prevents me from having any options there at the moment.

1 hour ago, HisHairness said:

I've also been doing a little research on the topical fin options but being in the US I think prevents me from having any options there at the moment.

Just a heads up I’m also in the US and on low dose finasteride (.5 mg every other day) and I use topical a few nights a week. I did a consultation with medicalwellnesscenter.com which uses Murray avenue apothecary for the topical finasteride. They also offer compounding minoxidil with it but I just get the topical finasteride solution.

Edited by Sam818

OP, do you have any scalp conditions? 
The reason I ask...is I had bad scalp dandruff flakes mostly from doing my Microneedling routine...but since I’ve started incorporating an electric scalp massager nightly I noticed it clears away the flakes (I stopped using Nizoral many months ago due to its harsh chemicals)and the graft hairs in my crown seen to have thickened up even better and look thicker (I’m 25 months post my HT)...I’m not sure if it’s the added months to get the full maturity or the better blood flow to the crown and clearing away anything that may clog the pores & follicles preventing them from growing...or both. 

PS. I do not take Finasteride...only apply Minox Foam once a day....and some daily suppliments.

2 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

OP, do you have any scalp conditions? 
The reason I ask...is I had bad scalp dandruff flakes mostly from doing my Microneedling routine...but since I’ve started incorporating an electric scalp massager nightly I noticed it clears away the flakes (I stopped using Nizoral many months ago due to its harsh chemicals)and the graft hairs in my crown seen to have thickened up even better and look thicker (I’m 25 months post my HT)...I’m not sure if it’s the added months to get the full maturity or the better blood flow to the crown and clearing away anything that may clog the pores & follicles preventing them from growing...or both. 

PS. I do not take Finasteride...only apply Minox Foam once a day....and some daily suppliments.

@CosmoKramer thanks for sharing as that is pretty interesting.

I don't really have any scalp conditioins. The occasional onset of dandruff has happened in my life and then I'd always switch to an anti-dandruff shampoo and within a week or so I'd be back to normal.

Post-operation, I had some really noticeable dandruff / skin shedding for the first 3ish months, but then I actually mainly fixed it by shampooing less (2-3x a week vs. every day). I typically mix in Nizoral 1x a week or every other week, but I agree that it's pretty harsh on the skin. 

I haven't experimented with a microneedler or a scalp massager but I've seen positive results from microneedling on some other posts. If I had shorter hair I think I'd give it a go.

Im sorry to say but as I suspected, it seems that H&W's FUE is still not at the same level as their FUT. I have been researching for my coming procedure long time and Hasson was actually my top choice but for FUT. I contacted him, and after he offered me only FUE, I passed on it since there are better options for FUE.   I see I wasnt wrong as I read here 2 cases of relatively poor results, added up to several other cases of their FUE.

Im not saying this to degrade nobody and I wish you will end up with great results eventually. But I do need to say my opinion, that based on my observation, so people can take it into consideration.

I think u had too many native hair in the front, those hairs are struggling for blood supply with the new hairs, so your growth could be slower .. 

- I feel ya tho , with that many grafts up front you would expect your hair to be bushy n full ..

but I’m realizing that more grafts is not always better ..  the grafts need enough space n blood to grow not competing with other hairs .. 

- so u could be a late bloomer , the hairs will Grow n mature so it will look better but definitely not optimal .. just got to be patient ..

3 minutes ago, Nearsevn said:

Yes, 4000 grafts in the frontal 1/3. I’d say 1000 of them actually survived. Am still hoping for the best being 8.5 months post op but when I visited him recently he said that this is not normal And I looked like I was 3-4 months post op which was a dagger. With that many grafts I expected exceptional results. 

Sorry to hear that. Any pics?

4 minutes ago, Nearsevn said:

Yes, 4000 grafts in the frontal 1/3. I’d say 1000 of them actually survived. Am still hoping for the best being 8.5 months post op but when I visited him recently he said that this is not normal And I looked like I was 3-4 months post op which was a dagger. With that many grafts I expected exceptional results. 

@Nearsevn have you posted pics anywhere? I'd love to see what you looked like pre-op to compare. I'm particularly curious if you had existing hair in the frontal third or if were implanted on a relatively bald patch.

6 hours ago, Legend007 said:

I think u had too many native hair in the front, those hairs are struggling for blood supply with the new hairs, so your growth could be slower .. 

- I feel ya tho , with that many grafts up front you would expect your hair to be bushy n full ..

but I’m realizing that more grafts is not always better ..  the grafts need enough space n blood to grow not competing with other hairs .. 

- so u could be a late bloomer , the hairs will Grow n mature so it will look better but definitely not optimal .. just got to be patient ..

THank you @Legend007. You had a stellar result - hoping that I;m just a late bloomer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 3:15 PM, Curious25 said:

What in the sam hill are you talking about. This is why it's dangerous to trust people on forums.

Go to recuperar al pelo. There is no one in the US doing what those guys do.

9 months is not enough time to evaluate an FUE. The growth is so much slower than FUT and you have light hair and probably are metabolizing much slower because of inactivity and stress associated with quarantine. Give it till 12-15 months before you make any calls. Also are you on meds?

Edited by whattheFUE

10 minutes ago, whattheFUE said:

What in the sam hill are you talking about. This is why it's dangerous to trust people on forums.

Go to recuperar al pelo. There is no one in the US doing what those guys do.

Apologies for raining on your parade - but the poster whom my comments were directed towards had previously spoken out about not having seen many/any patient testimonials from Couto patients, and was basing his decision from the (admittedly excellent) YouTube videos his clinic put out. 

Not once did I say there weren’t any patient testimonials, 

So I don’t think questioning somebody’s decision to proceed with a surgeon purely based upon the clinics marketing, as being of any particular reason to make the forum a dangerous place to ‘trust someone’. 

21 hours ago, whattheFUE said:

9 months is not enough time to evaluate an FUE. The growth is so much slower than FUT and you have light hair and probably are metabolizing much slower because of inactivity and stress associated with quarantine. Give it till 12-15 months before you make any calls. Also are you on meds?

Metabolizing slower bc of inactivity and stress? Uhh what does this have to do with a hair transplant?

On 7/13/2020 at 6:29 AM, Sam818 said:

Hang in there man. Maybe it’s just the lighting but I definitely see an improvement compared to the 4 month photos you posted. Hopefully you are a textbook case of a slow grower and are simply 2 months behind the average growth timeline which does happen especially with fine haired guys.  

Check out this case...this guy had almost the same number of grafts as you except he had a lot go into his temple points. His results at 6 months were not impressive but he was a classic slow grower and ended up with a pretty great result considering his starting point and he had a couple guys being ultra negative in his thread.

@Sam818 What you smoking. He had a bad result. His mid scalp was thin and he had to comb his native here over it to make it look dense. I think he’s going back for a touch up. 

Didn't you say you quit minoxidil, and you aren't on finasteride? That doesn't bode well for your native hair. People think minoxidil isn't doing anything so they quit it, but it is actually keeping your mpb susceptible hair alive longer than otherwise without it.

33 minutes ago, Coady said:

@Sam818 What you smoking. He had a bad result. His mid scalp was thin and he had to comb his native here over it to make it look dense. I think he’s going back for a touch up. 

Not smoking anything. The guy has fine hair and rebuilt his whole frontal area with a complete temple restoration. When I look at his before and after it is a pretty great result in my opinion and his donor area isn't damaged at all. Hard to get a perfect result  in one shot fue surgery with a case like his.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2020 at 5:08 PM, Forelock said:

Hi, @HisHairness — just checking in. How are things progressing??

Thanks for checking in @Forelock. I'll get some update pics up this week. I really need a haircut because my native hair has grown considerably so it's a bit concealing on how the implanted hairs have come in.