Do you think im balding ?

Yes unfortunately you are.. the picture you took was In the dark yet we can see bit of your scalp. Try getting In contact with a dermatologist 

However you are still young n it wont really affect you for the next 5 years but be prepared for this

Edited by Yake

• Administrators

For your age, it does appear that you have the beginning stages of MPB. The temples are receding, all is not lost. You can still maintain a lot of your hair with medications like finasteride and minoxidil.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Are you Asian?  I see a lot of Asians who have quite low density, sticky-out (straight) hair, which can be confused with balding.

Straight hair makes the scalp more visible, especially at short lengths.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

It's possible that this could be the beginning stages of MPB. I echo what Melvin said though, there are medical non-surgical treatments available to you. I've been on Finasteride for over 20 years, since I was in my early 20's, and have had no side effects...and fortunately, I've been able to keep most of what I had at that time (slight crown thinning and temple recession had started, but Finasteride has kept it from progressing since then). Something to look into.

Edited by Damifino

12 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Are you Asian?  I see a lot of Asians who have quite low density, sticky-out (straight) hair, which can be confused with balding.

Straight hair makes the scalp more visible, especially at short lengths.

No im not asian my hairline got little bigger and i felt that my scalp hair is balding none of my family is actually bald my dad is 55years and he have really good hair

14 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

For your age, it does appear that you have the beginning stages of MPB. The temples are receding, all is not lost. You can still maintain a lot of your hair with medications like finasteride and minoxidil.

None of my family is actually bald do you think it may be from diet food or maybe stress ? any advice what i shoud do ?

First, take a better set of photos.  Some are out of focus, others are so dark it is difficult to ascertain.  

2nd, allow your hair to grow a bit - which should not be difficult - with all that's going on.

The third issue has to do with your hair color.  Black hair - light scalp, allows for the greatest contrast and makes things look worse than they're truly are.  (An agent like Toppik and even SMP could help you minimize the issue).

It is difficult to see if you're experiencing shedding or loss.  Take photos of your entire head  but have someone do them for you.

Are you doing any medical therapy to help you with retention?

You mentioned stress.  Are you stressed about something? While stress is not the cause, it can prompt the loss sooner. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, maresiko2 said:

None of my family is actually bald do you think it may be from diet food or maybe stress ? any advice what i shoud do ?

None of my family members were bald either, it can skip a generation. Diet has little to do with it. Wet your hair and taje pictures.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks for the photos. At least a 5 but progressing fast.  Get on medical therapy and give it a year. Take photos every 4 months just to keep track.  You have a lot of native hair and, if you can not only keep it but also experience some enhancement, it will guide you to make a decision. At this time I would NOT move forward with a transplant procedure.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I would say that you are most definitely entering the initial stages of MPB. Definitely consult with a doctor and get on finasteride and minoxidil. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Agree with @1978matt about the "low density straight hair" comment (TBH we have similar type of hair, you can check my recent thread), but you may be in the early stages of diffuse loss like me (but I am farther along). How about your temples - have they receded or are they thinning?

I think you should definitely get on finasteride if you are mostly done maturing (get informed about the drug and go consult a doctor/dermatologist). But I would not recommend using minoxidil at your level of loss - it doesn't do much for most people, it is MUCH less convenient than finasteride, and it is a lifetime commitment (anything you gain with it will be lost if you stop using it).

Edited by giegnosiganoe

13 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Agree with @1978matt about the "low density straight hair" comment (TBH we have similar type of hair, you can check my recent thread), but you may be in the early stages of diffuse loss like me (but I am farther along). How about your temples - have they receded or are they thinning?

I think you should definitely get on finasteride if you are mostly done maturing (get informed about the drug and go consult a doctor/dermatologist). But I would not recommend using minoxidil at your level of loss - it doesn't do much for most people, it is MUCH less convenient than finasteride, and it is a lifetime commitment (anything you gain with it will be lost if you stop using it).

My temples are thinning, pretty much when my hair is short my head is visible but i noticed that my hairline is getting bigger

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Looks like you’re thinning. Sucks to hear, but the better you act, the better you’ll be in the end.

C72113CE-AE3F-4E76-BCC6-6DDBA8482F73.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread

Agree with Melvin, you most likely are. It's less obvious when your hair is longer which is why you may be doubting it.

If you want to be 100% sure, you need a microscopic evaluation.

If I were you, I'd just get on finasteride. You're very lucky that you caught it this early. Once you get on medication, you will never need to think about balding again. I wish I was in your position, honestly.

• Like 1