Recommendations for Birmingham Alabama FUE

Folks,

Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum but as the title notes, I am looking for any recommendations for in or around Birmingham Alabama for hair loss treatment options.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks all

AP

I am just going to give you some important advice without even knowing whether or not you are a good candidate for surgery. You need to understand something that is very important when it comes to this specific procedure:

Don’t ever, ever, EVER look for the best surgeon within your budget that is closest to you. You need to look for the best surgeon for your specific case within your budget and be willing to travel to them anywhere they are in the world. This may sound crazy to you and if it does than you haven’t done enough research and you’re not ready yet. 

• Administrators

You've been given good advice, never base your decision on cost or location. Always go by results. There are some quality surgeons in the South like Dr. Arocha in Houston, Dr. Cooley in NC and Dr. Vories in SC.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

All, 

Thank you folks for the responses and it is great insight indeed.

I should apologize for my post insinuating that I was only looking in the local area for this procedure.  You all have some great insight and Sam your insight was correct - I have not done enough research as this forum was my first foray into that research process.  So, I definitely appreciate all of your feedback to help guide me in this process.  Like you all alluded, patient results are a key representation of a practice's skill and successful outcomes - That said, prior to reaching out here, I spoke with an acquaintance who has had great results by a local clinic in Birmingham, but to me that is a N=1 which is not a great samples size.  Thus, I posted here to get more information and to see if anyone else had experiences like the one I mentioned above.  

As an aside, I am a physician in town and have good rapport with some of the physicians locally that perform hair restoration which can cloud my objectivity; hence, my post here to reach out to you all and  pick folks' brains on what experience they may have had in my local area or like you all suggested, what other factors I should be considering.

Thank you all so much for your time and look forward to all of your advice...

AP

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Cptpizoo said:

All, 

Thank you folks for the responses and it is great insight indeed.

I should apologize for my post insinuating that I was only looking in the local area for this procedure.  You all have some great insight and Sam your insight was correct - I have not done enough research as this forum was my first foray into that research process.  So, I definitely appreciate all of your feedback to help guide me in this process.  Like you all alluded, patient results are a key representation of a practice's skill and successful outcomes - That said, prior to reaching out here, I spoke with an acquaintance who has had great results by a local clinic in Birmingham, but to me that is a N=1 which is not a great samples size.  Thus, I posted here to get more information and to see if anyone else had experiences like the one I mentioned above.  

As an aside, I am a physician in town and have good rapport with some of the physicians locally that perform hair restoration which can cloud my objectivity; hence, my post here to reach out to you all and  pick folks' brains on what experience they may have had in my local area or like you all suggested, what other factors I should be considering.

Thank you all so much for your time and look forward to all of your advice...

AP

Here is our list of recommendations, they are listed by location. But remember lists are just starting points. Take a look at our surgeon reviews for actual patient reviews and results. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.