Post Fue care of transplants and of donor area

CK37

Hey All, Can I get some feedback on what would help my results as far as FUE post care? What products and practices etc. should I be doing with the donor site and transplants. Thank you

• Administrators

Generally, 

The doctor will give you pre-op and post-op instructions. Do you have any doctors in mind?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I accidentally posted my thread twice.

I'm aware of how to care for the donor area post treatment as far as pain management,  however are there any products to help heal faster and to eliminate scarring?

Does the scarring go away from FUE donor area? Or are the little dimple holes and such going to remain forever?

I'm curious as I cut my hair at like a 1 on the back and sides. 

I had an FUE with Dr. Panine recently.

Depending on the size “punch” used, you will most likely not see any discernible scaring in the donor area.  My doctor used a 0.8mm punch which is quite small. Prior to my second surgery I had my head shaved in preparation for the surgery.  You really couldn’t see any scarring from the first surgery.  Yes, the tiny whitish scars are there but very unnoticeable.  I’m not aware of anything you can do to minimize the scarring.  Time is your best remedy for this.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.