Diffuse hair, can i get ht (pics)

Hello,im 30 years of age and have been losing aggressively from the last 3 years

I tried fin but got bad side effects so stopped but using minoxidil and nizol shampoo also the helmet laser( Not consistent)

People have told me im a diffuser and that i might not be eligible for ht.

I wanted to do my ht in 2 sections, front first then later in life the crown

Please give me ur input as if im a good candiate or not, thanks

20200505_215953.jpg

20200505_220011.jpg

20200505_220241.jpg

20200505_220445.jpg

20200505_220529.jpg

20200505_220620.jpg

Without meds you’re definitely going to be a Norwood 5/6. The pattern is already evident. With that being said you have a great donor and a hair transplant is not out of the question. As long as you stay conservative with the hairline you can achieve an acceptable result if you go to the right surgeon. Do your research on this forum. Look at results of patients in a similar situation to you to get an idea of what is achievable through hair transplantation. Don't let travel or finances limit your search as you'll be living with the results for the rest of your life. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Hi

In my opinion from looking at your photos, you look like a reasonable candidate for and HT, given your age and having realistic expectations and approach and your donor looks good, although I’d suggest an in person consultation when available to see if you have enough good donor for 2 procedures.

• Moderators

I would definitely stick with doing the frontal 3rd for now and then see how the rest progresses over time.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

10 hours ago, ruca2 said:

Without meds you’re definitely going to be a Norwood 5/6. The pattern is already evident. With that being said you have a great donor and a hair transplant is not out of the question. As long as you stay conservative with the hairline you can achieve an acceptable result if you go to the right surgeon. Do your research on this forum. Look at results of patients in a similar situation to you to get an idea of what is achievable through hair transplantation. Don't let travel or finances limit your search as you'll be living with the results for the rest of your life. 

I think he's actually headed for a NW6/7. Look at how deep the pattern sinks in the back, and it looks like the sides are dropping, too. 

Acura, Have you tried just shaving your head first? You're going to require a few surgeries to get decent density and coverage and in doing so will create a good bit of scarring. And even with a few surgeries you're still going to have areas like the crown that won't get coverage. Another issue to be wary of:  without being on FIN/Minox you'll get the HT, it will look great for a while and then you'll lose more native hair and appear thinner. 

Just make sure you do plenty of homework and consider all the pros and cons of doing surgery before you proceed because the scars are with you forever. 

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Have you tried topical finasteride?...there is lots of hair left in the crown worth saving....you may not have any sides with the topical form so talk with a doctor about this.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 5/7/2020 at 7:40 AM, hairthere said:

without being on FIN/Minox you'll get the HT, it will look great for a while and then you'll lose more native hair and appear thinner. 

Correct me if you disagree, but when clinics transplant into areas where there is native, yet miniaturizing hair, they pack grafts as if those miniaturized hairs aren’t even there. This means that when they do eventually fall out, you’ll still look dense from the transplants alone. Clinics like feller and bloxham take this approach. They say they will not work into areas that are too dense. Only zones that are clearly on their way out. 

• Like 1

Guys thanks for all the inputs, im located in canada and yes i do want to do more research before moving forward. Im in canada so hopefully i can get done at HW or rahal.

As for topical fin, even that gave me sides so had to stop and minox hasnt done much improvement. I just started dermapen so lets see

Lastly tho does it look like diffuse or just MPB?

Anything i can do to slow my thinning without fin?

My sides slightly thinner but the back is decent, anymore suggest of surgeons or any other tips would be super apprecisted

Edited by acura.tls.44

• Valued Contributor

As hairtheir suggested have you considered shaving your head? Have a look at Harry on Bald Cafe on YouTube . With the minoxidil (and the laser helmut) how long did you try these consistently for? I would definitely give either or a consistent and fair trial before ruling these out. Remember a HT is something for a last resort. I don't think your hair looks like it's diffusing. To me it just looks like MPB in my opinion. 

I would definitely speak with H+W along with a lot of other HT surgeons before proceeding. Remember you can always get a hair transplant 'tomorrow.' Do as much research as you can. I know it's not easy (massive understatement) but it's better to learn from my mistakes than your own. Also get in touch with Joe Tillman on YouTube (The Hair Transplant Mentor).

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey, i have never shaved my head, dont knlw how ill look so never tried it.

Also i been on minox for about 9months and laser around same but very inconsistent.

Ill do my homework as much as i can really appreciate all the help coming, does hate this feeling but have to deal with it 

• Administrators

If you haven’t shaved your head, definitely try it. If you like it, there’s your solution.

best wishes,

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

And it will save you a lot of money!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

If i buzz cut would it look worse since my hair is very thin.

Also side question, i just started microneedling wanted to know if thats harmful for the future of having HT?

Edited by acura.tls.44