finasteride dosage

rf_ht_2019

1mg is the recommended amount. Some men cut 5mg proscar up into quarters meaning they take 1.25mg daily. This is assuming the Finasteride is evenly distributed in the tablet. Some men take 1mg every other day, usually on a Mon - Wed - Fri cycle (3mg per week). Some men take 5mg daily for prostate (35mg per week). 3mg per week works for most. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

In my opinion, the best dosage is the lowest, there are studies that show efficacy is almost the same at 0.5 mg to 1mg.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

In my opinion, the best dosage is the lowest, there are studies that show efficacy is almost the same at 0.5 mg to 1mg.

Hey, can you please link them? Would love to read up on them by prestigious scientific studies.

Infact, long time lurker here, is there an area on this website where you guys link research on these types of things on here?

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

• Administrators
2 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Hey, can you please link them? Would love to read up on them by prestigious scientific studies.

Infact, long time lurker here, is there an area on this website where you guys link research on these types of things on here?

We don't regularly link research papers, as most of the guys who come here are interested in having surgery. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10495375

RESULTS:

Efficacy was demonstrated for all end points for finasteride at doses of 0.2 mg/day or higher, with 1 and 5 mg demonstrating similar efficacy that was superior to lower doses. Efficacy of the 0.01 mg dose was similar to placebo. No significant safety issues were identified in the trials.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...