Clinics in NY

Hey,  Which clinics do people advice on in NYC. I have met with a couple of surgeons in NYC a few months ago. I'm happy to travel once lock down resumes but any advice on New York Drs as in ideal world like stay close to home for obvious reasons.

BR

JED  

Dr. Carlos K. Wesley - seems to me to be best in NYC based on everything I've seen on forums etc. Dorin, Bloxham, Bernstein have good reputations also but from what I can see Wesley seems to produce the best - he also seems to do a great job in non-shave situations and from the research he seems to be doing in the field of "scarless"* surgery seems to be a guy trying to push things forward in the industry. Regardless of whether this ever bares fruit it certainly shows someone of dedication to his profession eager to make a contribution

* his scarless approach is effectively making a small puncture hole in the scalp and using a robotic tool to remove the follicular unit from underneath as opposed to the traditional FUE where you remove the FU from above (hence leaving the tiny circular scar).

Edited by pre-screened

• Administrators

@JEDS

Theres a lot of great surgeons to choose form in NYC. True and Dorin, Dr. Wesley, Dr. Bernstein, and Dr. Bloxham. Below is a link where you can submit your photos for free virtual consultations. I also suggest taking a look at each one of their profiles, you can see their work and their reviews on their profile. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/NY/New-York

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:57 PM, JEDS said:

Hey,  Which clinics do people advice on in NYC. I have met with a couple of surgeons in NYC a few months ago. I'm happy to travel once lock down resumes but any advice on New York Drs as in ideal world like stay close to home for obvious reasons.

BR

JED  

I'd go with @Dr Blake Bloxham regularly posts on here, one of the few doctors that respects the supposed rule of posting work regularly and his results are consistently good.

I don't see how puncturing the scalp and pushing the follicle up would be scarless? You are still puncturing the scalp.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, JEDS said:

Hey,

Update... I went to Dr Wesley last month and very happy with service. I will try work out how to do pictures on here to foillow.

Looking forward to your thread 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.