when do side effects start (IF)?

vanilia

after what time you start seeing side effects with proscar (finasteride), if you see them?

started taking proscar 1.25mg 3x times a week one week ago, so far no sides. And after which time hair should stop fall out? 3 months?

yup, the previous poster nailed it IMO. In terms of results, at the minimum it would take 3 months just to start seeing a decrease in hair loss. I wouldnt evaluate its effectiveness until 1 year and if you are a responder by that point then the study averages show peak results at 2 years time.

• Administrators

In my experience the side effects took about a month, however, some guys don't get side effects at all. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I started to get some side effects from finesteride 1,25mg (i have proscar which i cut into 4 pieces) already after 3rd usage :/ To get it hard was taking almost 2 minutes, not 20-30 seconds like before and my penis felt like something is holding down the head...hard to describe, like something is closing there...i started to panic... so i stopped taking it for now and it seems to get better already after 3 days. Is this not too soon for side effects? Was it maybe placebo?

So what are my options now?  topical finasteride? taking only 0,5mg or something like this 3 times a week?

• 2 weeks later...

I experienced side effects - liquid semen and testicular pain for two days - in the first month, then they went away. Currently, after two years, perhaps I'm experiencing again testicular pain, but I have to assess if it's due to finasteride or other problems.

Erectile Dysfunction is a common side effect, however yours could be a psychological side, it seems to me that you got it too quickly.