Dr Bhatti explains donor FUT scarring and it's visibility post hair transplant

Dear all,

I hope some of you learnt a thing or two after viewing Dr Bhatti's recent video on temple points.

With the current lock down Dr Bhatti is kindly using some of his time making a few videos to help inform and educate potential hair transplant patients worldwide.  

In the second of this series Dr Bhatti explains donor FUT scarring and it's visibility post hair transplant.

Again I hope you guys can take something away from this, enjoy the video.

• Like 1

Thanks for the very comprehensive video, showing a wide range of FUT scarring outcomes. Of course some FUT surgeons are better than others, but there will always be the chance of ending up with a bad scar due to the patient's physiology. What the chance of that is, I'm not sure. Do you have any videos like this but for FUE scarring?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Thanks for the very comprehensive video, showing a wide range of FUT scarring outcomes. Of course some FUT surgeons are better than others, but there will always be the chance of ending up with a bad scar due to the patient's physiology. What the chance of that is, I'm not sure. Do you have any videos like this but for FUE scarring?

He’s only able to share his own patients pics/videos so obviously he’s going to showcase some of the worst fut scars that come thru his doors. His clinic is an fue only clinic so there is no incentive to scare potential patients away with bad fue scarring examples.

the reality is that there are bad scars from both types of procedures. Search for depleted donors on this forum and on google you’ll see plenty of examples. On the flip side I’ve seen some amazing fut scars that cannot be seen even at a 2 guard.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

He’s only able to share his own patients pics/videos so obviously he’s going to showcase some of the worst fut scars that come thru his doors. His clinic is an fue only clinic so there is no incentive to scare potential patients away with bad fue scarring examples.

the reality is that there are bad scars from both types of procedures. Search for depleted donors on this forum and on google you’ll see plenty of examples. On the flip side I’ve seen some amazing fut scars that cannot be seen even at a 2 guard.

To be fair, he did display many good FUT scars as well.

I agree that there exist depleted donors due to FUE, but that can always be prevented by working with a good surgeon, can't it? FUT simply comes down to bad luck.

Edited by giegnosiganoe
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

To be fair, he did display many good FUT scars as well.

I agree that there exist depleted donors due to FUE, but that can always be prevented by working with a good surgeon, can't it? FUT simply comes down to bad luck.

Yeah but to any prospective hair transplant patient even a good fut scar will look bad when it’s shaved to a zero. Just look at the sad piano music playing in the background.

fut scars can be bad due to bad surgical issues but also physiology. Fue has issues itself such as more transection and trauma to grafts. Also there’s a possibility of white dot scarring which comes down to physiology too

23 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Hi, thanks for the reply, I'm glad you enjoyed the video which was clearly not meant to knock FUT. There were as you highlighted many patients with decent scars that were kept will hidden by the length of their hair. And there were some awful scars that again were hidden. It was more of an education that FUT scars do exist and sometimes it is out of the surgeons control as to whether a patient will get a bad scar so there is a risk factor that the patient needs to be aware of.

As for videos of FUE scarring, I'm going to suggest this to Dr Bhatti.

23 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

great video showing the range of FUT scars

I'm glad you enjoyed it hairlossPA

20 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

LonelyGraft, as already pointed out the scars are equally good and bad and they are from worldwide patients therefore from FUT surgeons across the board. I will be suggesting to Dr Bhatti that he compile a video on bad FUE scars. You are right in saying there are bad types of scarring from both  procedures, there is no dispute over this.

"Yeah but to any prospective hair transplant patient even a good fut scar will look bad when it’s shaved to a zero"

I personally believe that it is in the patient's interests to be aware of this fact as it is with FUE scarring as you rightly point out.

Thanks again for your comments, one more thing I'm really disappointed that you do not share the clinics appreciation of fine FUT scarring presentation background music. :)

Edited by Shera

8 minutes ago, Shera said:

Hi, thanks for the reply, I'm glad you enjoyed the video which was clearly not meant to knock FUT. There were as you highlighted many patients with decent scars that were kept will hidden by the length of their hair. And there were some awful scars that again were hidden. It was more of an education that FUT scars do exist and sometimes it is out of the surgeons control as to whether a patient will get a bad scar so there is a risk factor that the patient needs to be aware of.

As for videos of FUE scarring, I'm going to post one up today that was made a few days ago.

I'm glad you enjoyed it hairlossPA

LonelyGraft, as already pointed out the scars are equally good and bad and they are from worldwide patients therefore from FUT surgeons across the board. I will be posting a video today showcasing bad FUE scars. You are right in saying there are bad types of scarring from both  procedures, there is no dispute over this.

"Yeah but to any prospective hair transplant patient even a good fut scar will look bad when it’s shaved to a zero"

I personally believe that it is in the patient's interests to be aware of this fact as it is with FUE scarring as you rightly point out.

Thanks again for your comments, one more thing I'm really disappointed that you do not share the clinics appreciation of fine FUT scarring presentation background music. :)

Shera, I truly hope Dr Bhatti got permission from the patient and Dr. Lorenzo for using their pics at the 21:58 mark. It’s clearly a screenshot from one of Lorenzos videos. Even though the patients identity is hidden, I think it’s still a good idea to at least let the doctor that owns the content to know you are using his videos.

4 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

Shera, I truly hope Dr Bhatti got permission from the patient and Dr. Lorenzo for using their pics at the 21:58 mark. It’s clearly a screenshot from one of Lorenzos videos. Even though the patients identity is hidden, I think it’s still a good idea to at least let the doctor that owns the content to know you are using his videos.

Thanks for pointing that out, I've actually seen that pic on many public domains but I will cross reference your query with Dr Bhatti all the same.

Edited by Shera

On 4/25/2020 at 4:16 AM, Shera said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I've actually seen that pic on many public domains but I will cross reference your query with Dr Bhatti all the same.

Patients often consult a host of doctors  before they go for a procedure.

Most patients shown here have had their procedures done with me ( as is evident in the picture backgrounds) and detailed individual procedures are available in the Youtube Playlist- 

Thanks for following our posts.